SiouxSports.com Forum

Spring time for Bubba and UND

geaux_sioux

my question on media coverage was focused on TV and news paper converage. I agree that the UNDsports.com does a great job covering the spring season. jmho

I have to laugh. Is there any question that undsports.com would cover their own events? Good lord, if they don't who the heck would?

I have to laugh. Is there any question that undsports.com would cover their own events? Good lord, if they don't who the heck would?

They are doing quite a bit more than gobison.com which has one article that spring practice is starting and another about their first scrimmage.

They are doing quite a bit more than gobison.com which has one article that spring practice is starting and another about their first scrimmage.

The Bison don't need gobison.com they have Valley News Live covering every story on Bison football while forgetting the other DI school in their coverage area. I get more UND stories from WDAY than KVLY.

• Upvote 1

The Bison don't need gobison.com they have Valley News Live covering every story on Bison football while forgetting the other DI school in their coverage area. I get more UND stories from WDAY than KVLY.

They isn't a daily report on practices was my point, internally or externally. Isn't the media still banned from the majority of practice down there?

They isn't a daily report on practices was my point, internally or externally. Isn't the media still banned from the majority of practice down there?

I don't think so since every sportscast has a Bison report from practice, while they say nothing about UND, that station is really bad at covering the "whole" valley while WDAY and Dom Izzo talks about UND. I watch KVLY for news and weather then turn to WDAY for my taste of UND sports :)

• Upvote 1

I think that is correct. I seem to remember it reported on WDAY at the start of spring ball that practices were closed to the public. I think any open practices are the exception.

I think that is correct. I seem to remember it reported on WDAY at the start of spring ball that practices were closed to the public. I think any open practices are the exception.

I think they open the first 20 minutes so the media can get a report or a story in that time if they want to.

No use living in the past, but it sure would've been nice to have Jackson and Golladay on this year's team.

Nevertheless, they weren't team players and team chemistry is the main point Bubba is trying to get across during spring ball. Also, with the running game emphasis, the WR position isn't going to be as utilized. Of course, we need some WRs to step up in order to block and make clutch receptions when needed.

Personally, I think Casey Young, RJ McGill, Tyrhe Ivery, and Aeron Carr can all gel together and produce a productive group for 2014.

No use living in the past, but it sure would've been nice to have Jackson and Golladay on this year's team.

Nevertheless, they weren't team players and team chemistry is the main point Bubba is trying to get across during spring ball. Also, with the running game emphasis, the WR position isn't going to be as utilized. Of course, we need some WRs to step up in order to block and make clutch receptions when needed.

Personally, I think Casey Young, RJ McGill, Tyrhe Ivery, and Aeron Carr can all gel together and produce a productive group for 2014.

For those that have been to practices, how has Carr looked this spring?

The Minnesota State thing is a joke and personally, I would send all of those kids packing with their !@#$ attitudes. Way to much entitlement these days. I also agree with you about Jackson....he was a punk who had his ass kissed by Schleusner. Galladay on the other hand is a good kid and a real talent. I think he will do well. I have said this before and I'll say it again...Young is a very good receiver who should have been on the field. Having McGill back along with Young gives us two very good (but unproven) WR's. With an increased emphasis on a balanced attack and actual use of the TE's, I am more worried about maturation at the QB spot than anything else.

The Minnesota State thing is a joke and personally, I would send all of those kids packing with their !@#$ attitudes. Way to much entitlement these days. I also agree with you about Jackson....he was a punk who had his ass kissed by Schleusner. Galladay on the other hand is a good kid and a real talent. I think he will do well. I have said this before and I'll say it again...Young is a very good receiver who should have been on the field. Having McGill back along with Young gives us two very good (but unproven) WR's. With an increased emphasis on a balanced attack and actual use of the TE's, I am more worried about maturation at the QB spot than anything else.

I'm hoping, as I'm sure the coaching staff is, that with a balanced running game, the QB's responsibilities will be less difficult in 2014. Can't beat having a solid running game and solid play-action passing game if you're a quarterback.

Just drove by Memorial and saw they were getting ready for practice. Word is they are doing some live stuff today if anyone wanted to check it out.

SiouxFootballInsider@SiouxFootball 15m

The first #UND Football "live" scrimmage will be starting shortly. Should show who can make plays in the new offense and defense.