SiouxSports.com Forum

Spring time for Bubba and UND

geaux_sioux

Schmidt said Ben Henson was moving to center and Shea Walker was going to nose guard.

I had a feeling they would move Shea. We'll see how Hensen does. For me he's just never been a D1 athlete. Very smart and a hard worker but just not enough fast twitch fibers in his body.

Also sounded like Schmidt was hinting at Shaugabay possibly getting some time at OLB. If he has the hips that could work.

I also loved hearing how they are going to utilize Butler. Bout damn time.

• Upvote 1

The Spring prospectus is out - seems that other than the expected guys gone that Kodee Varner is also no longer with the team. Only 4 CB's listed, including one who was a walkon punter last year. Need some help back there!

Just nine offensive linemen participating in spring ball, too.

The Spring prospectus is out - seems that other than the expected guys gone that Kodee Varner is also no longer with the team. Only 4 CB's listed, including one who was a walkon punter last year. Need some help back there!

Hopefully the defensive line/LB can get a lot of pressure on the QB that the CB's will be bored back there. Sack City baby!!!!

http://www.undsports...TCLID=209444557

Read every quote of Bubba's in this interview. Can't tell you how refreshing it is to hear a head coach with this type of attitude. Deffinitely lacking from the previous regime. In Bubba we trust!!

Bubba also gave a good reminder for everyone that implementing a new offensive and defensive system will be a big challenge.

This team would have its work cut out for them if they were returning to a system with responsibilities they were already familiar with, let alone learning new ones.

I'll have to keep that in mind as I watch them this spring and fall camp.

Bubba also gave a good reminder for everyone that implementing a new offensive and defensive system will be a big challenge.

This team would have its work cut out for them if they were returning to a system with responsibilities they were already familiar with, let alone learning new ones.

I'll have to keep that in mind as I watch them this spring and fall camp.

One at least has to believe it will be a system that works. Offensively its time to run the football and go with boots and nakeds off of that to utilize the athleticism of Mollberg. None of this "throw the football the whole game" crap. Also, it will be nice to see us pressure a bit more because our secondary has been EXPOSED over the past few seasons.

One at least has to believe it will be a system that works. Offensively its time to run the football and go with boots and nakeds off of that to utilize the athleticism of Mollberg. None of this "throw the football the whole game" crap. Also, it will be nice to see us pressure a bit more because our secondary has been EXPOSED over the past few seasons.

You summed it up quite well.

I think most here understand that big scheme changes do not happen overnight but I am very happy to see the ship pointed in the right direction! I am looking forward to seeing where the team is at this spring...

• Upvote 1

Two big winners of the offseason that I can see from the prospectus. Dustin Iverson put on 25 lbs. He's now 6'3" 250 and athletic. Will Ratelle put on 15 lbs and was top 5 in the 40.

Does anyone know if a grey shirt, (Will Lyons) can participate in spring drills?

Two big winners of the offseason that I can see from the prospectus. Dustin Iverson put on 25 lbs. He's now 6'3" 250 and athletic. Will Ratelle put on 15 lbs and was top 5 in the 40.

And I'm sure both will be heavily utilized this upcoming season. Iverson with the 22/21 personnel sets and Ratelle's athleticism in bringing pressure.

And I'm sure both will be heavily utilized this upcoming season. Iverson with the 22/21 personnel sets and Ratelle's athleticism in bringing pressure.

I just have a great feeling that the shackles with be stripped off of the LBs and they'll be making plays every game like the good old days