SiouxSports.com Forum

Craig Bohl to Wyoming

UND99

At least it puts the Bison fans back in their place, dose of reality. They are not bigger than Wyoming, who they thought was well beneath them.

Good luck to Coach Bohl. By the way what are your players doing these days besides partying? Our are still playing for a 3rd NC.

Good luck to Coach Bohl. By the way what are your players doing these days besides partying? Our are still playing for a 3rd NC.

Well, they are studying for finals at a real university.

Be careful, some FBS school like San Jose State may buy up more of your coaches...

Cuz they can!

:lol:

If he continues to coach it will be because Gene wants to win now and is sacrificing next season/recruiting for this year. Both schools recruiting will suffer.

No, if Bohl continues to coach it means both Klieman and Vigen are going with him as well as others and there'd be nobody left otherwise.

• Upvote 1

According to Court Records, your D-Tackle Perry has been doing some partying recently, along with playing a playoff game.....

College football is cyclical. NDSU was never going to be the 'top dog' forever. UND football was never going to be the 'bad team' forever. Things are turning around as we speak.

If Bohl, Klieman, and Vigen all leave during the same offseason that UND hires (hopefully) Pflugrad, UND will have already made huge strides in catching up to NDSU.

• Upvote 1

They don't suspend players for anything less than a DUI. Which Perry got.

There's something in court records much more recent than that... like 2 weeks ago.....

I could care less but since BisenDan feels like coming on here to spout off about partying, well.....

There's something in court records much more recent than that... like 2 weeks ago.....

I could care less but since BisenDan feels like coming on here to spout off about partying, well.....

Be gentle.

He just found out that his daddy is leaving and ain't comin' back...

What did he get and why wasn't he suspended? Second violation in one football season and nothing?

Not only that... He still owes the state of ND some cash. Maybe CB can help him out with that. Like in a hat or something.

I think Taylor is in a tough spot. Ideally in this situation you would want to go Bo Schembechler on the bit and tell Coach Bohl good luck in Wyoming and you appoint Vigen or Kliemann as interim coach for the rest of the season with the idea that one of them or both of them is going to be strongly considered as the next head coach at NDSU.....but if the rumors are true and they are going with him that certainly changes the dynamic and then you might have to bite the bullet and let Bohl and his staff finish out the season.

I seem to recall situations in the past where a coach who was leaving continued on and coached a bowl game while the new coach had already been named.

And now the rumor is he's offered five of his assistants to come with him?

Distraction. D-I-S, T-R-A, C-T, I-O-N. Distraction.

Disagree. This isn't the Meineke Car Care or Music City Bowl, this is a quest for a third straight national championship. If Bohl didn't want to finish the season, he wouldn't.

I seem to recall situations in the past where a coach who was leaving continued on and coached a bowl game while the new coach had already been named.

And I recall Barry Alvarez going ballistic on Bret Bielema last season and not letting him coach the Rose Bowl.

• Upvote 1

And now the rumor is he's offered five of his assistants to come with him?

Distraction. D-I-S, T-R-A, C-T, I-O-N. Distraction.

What a terrible situation.

If most of the staff commits to going to Wyoming, then the next HC hire obviously needs to be external. How do you conduct a national search for a new coach at the same time the lame duck staff is still leading the team in the playoffs for up to another four weeks?

And what about the coaches that are on the NDSU staff that weren't offered spots on the staff at Wyoming? They will have to look out for themselves and be looking for new jobs because they may or may not be retained by whoever is the new head coach. Distraction might be putting it mildly. This looks more like a disaster IMO.

• Upvote 1

Disagree. This isn't the Meineke Car Care or Music City Bowl, this is a quest for a third straight national championship. If Bohl didn't want to finish the season, he wouldn't.

I think Bohl would finish the season, if asked, out of loyalty to his players. We'll know after this afternoon's press conference whether Taylor agrees. It still sounds very up-in-the-air at this point.

What did he get and why wasn't he suspended? Second violation in one football season and nothing?

Plead guilty to noisy party violation. The same thing UND suspended Paul LaDue a game for, even though LaDue's was a dorm thing not a police thing.