SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs Cal Poly (Oregon Tourney Day 1, 11/29)

SWSiouxMN

Box score only says 11 minutes, but it sounded like Hobaugh was out there quite a bit tonight, maybe it was just more towards the end. Looking at the box score, minutes were spread pretty evenly between 12 guys. Jones tried about everything he could. Hopefully just one of those nights where things don't go right. I wouldn't be surprised to see teams throw more zone defense at UND until they show they can handle it.

I would also think teams may zone us more to cut down on the penetration of Huff, Anderson, Webb and Hooker but at the same time we can take them out of the zone by draining 3's. We have very good outside shooters in Anderson, Schuler, Huff and Stefen and once they start lighting things up then the zones will be gone. Last night was just one of those games and every team is going to have these nights several times a year. It wont be our last this year but hopefully they are few and far between. Go Sioux

Games like this are valuable early in the season - reminds them they need to show up every game. That being said the atmosphere was atrocious in that gym, add in travel, the holiday, lots of things contribute to an effort like that - no excuses because the other team had the same distractions but I'm sure the team was not satisfied with the effort either.

Who was on watch to make sure the redshirts weren't laughing and the coach wasn't running his fingers through his hair (sarcastic football reference - I promise someday I'll let it go.)

So Santa Clara was NDSU's super bowl then? They clearly overlooked UND. Or was Western Michigan since they overlooked Saint Mary's and SMU?

Well Santa Clara is a much better team than Cal Poly, and NDSU beat them at their gym. while UND loses at a neutral site by 27. UND seems to only play well at home. History would tell us it would be NDSU by 40 if they played at the BSA this year. (See SDSU a couple of years ago)

Well Santa Clara is a much better team than Cal Poly, and NDSU beat them at their gym. while UND loses at a neutral site by 27. UND seems to only play well at home. History would tell us it would be NDSU by 40 if they played at the BSA this year. (See SDSU a couple of years ago)

Using history as an indicator, I guess we can count on another second half collapse by Saul's team then?

And how do you figure that Santa Clara is much better than Cal Poly? Both teams are 1-3. UND played flat out terrible yesterday against a good defensive team.

Edit: Santa Clara was picked to finish 8th out of 10 in the West Coach and Cal Poly was picked to finish 3rd out of 9 in the Big West. West Coast is a stronger conference, but Santa Clara is no where near the class of that conference. So again, not sure what you're using to come up with Santa Clara being much better than Cal Poly.

Bison team tried hard to give that game with Santa Clara away last night. Bison also got a very fortunate call by the officials late in the game last night. Bison fans are actually giving UND crap after we just crushed them a few days ago. Santa Clara is no powerhouse. .

Who was on watch to make sure the redshirts weren't laughing and the coach wasn't running his fingers through his hair (sarcastic football reference - I promise someday I'll let it go.)

You are a piece of work...plain and simple.