SiouxSports.com Forum

Gameday: Idaho St. Bengals

bincitysioux

Does anyone else think it's strange when Mussman does one of the flying chest bump things with a player following an interception? How many other head coaches do you see doing that? Especially when your team is performing as badly as his was all game long. There is nothing about Muss that shows me he is head coach material.

I predicted they would win today but that it would be ugly...and it was. I'm not sure this team will win anymore games.

• Upvote 1

So do you guys think the penalties can be corrected?

This is becoming a trend which makes me think not. How many drives did we keep alive for ISU today?

Someone should send a copy of the rules manual to the football offices so the team and coaches and can study what constitutes a personal foul and so they can come up with a legal formation to line up in before snapping the ball.......

Does anyone else think it's strange when Mussman does one of the flying chest bump things with a player following an interception? How many other head coaches do you see doing that? Especially when your team is performing as badly as his was all game long. There is nothing about Muss that shows me he is head coach material.

I predicted they would win today but that it would be ugly...and it was. I'm not sure this team will win anymore games.

Him getting excited and showing emotion is a good thing, hell 90% of the posters have been complaining about his lack of emotion all season.

This is becoming a trend which makes me think not. How many drives did we keep alive for ISU today?

I would have said yes it can be corrected two weeks ago, now I really doubt it. This team just plays stupid, and it's more than just a few guys.

Tackling is still poor. Discipline is still unacceptable. Can't have 14 penalties. Either some of these guys are not very smart or don't care, but as a coach, if you can't teach discipline you can't coach. Not the progress I hoped to see but a win is a win. 5th game where wide receivers are jumping. They should be going on the snap and don't need to know snap count. Basic fundamentals Who is the receivers coach this year? We also had 3-4 dropped passes again. I would have these receivers after practice each day making sure they watch the ball into their hands. watch them warming up. They don't do it there and they don't do it on passes they drop. They need to do that every pass they catch in practice or games. I would also have all defenders after practice working on form tackling and wrapping up. Again, basic fundamentals. We have a ways to go.

Chest bumping looks stupid no matter who does it. Best kept for Pop Warner FB.

I guess thank god there will always be an Idaho State/Morningside. Unless UND becomes the Idaho State/Morningside....

Anybody who watched the whole game want to rank Mollberg's performance?

Made nice throws. Also chicken winged (dropped elbow) on a couple throws. Ints weren't great either. One was particularly bad. Could be better but still a freshman and that 3rd down to Golladay was pretty clutch.

first int was terrible throw and he should have tucked ball and run. Second he got hit but shouldn't have thrown. Solid game otherwise. Had 3-4 dropped passes again. They need to add a running dimension to his game. Ran out of trouble a couple of times. He didn't get sacked today. last pass was big time throw to ice game. C+ down from B cuz of Int's.

I was on the Mollberg bandwagon, but I'm just glad the coaches made the decision to stick with one guy and just roll with it. Mollberg is going to make a load of mistakes, but in the long run I hope it makes him a better QB.

Next week Mr. Mollberg and the offense need to figure out how to stay on the field as long as possible. Quick 5 to 6 yard outs.....snap the ball with one second on the play clock....and figure out how to run the ball all game long.

It's the same stuff, game after game... late hits, hits out of bounds, undisciplined mental mistakes. How come they can't make an open field one-on-one tackle but yet they can knock the snot out of someone after an incomplete pass?