SiouxSports.com Forum

Schedule: 2013-14

bincitysioux

NDSU just signed a 2 for 1 deal to host Southern Mississippi then going there for 2 games. WDAY said its the highest rated team to come to the BSA...who is the highest rated team to come to the Betty since going DI? I know overall its been Kansas but that was when we were DII.

NDSU just signed a 2 for 1 deal to host Southern Mississippi then going there for 2 games. WDAY said its the highest rated team to come to the BSA...who is the highest rated team to come to the Betty since going DI? I know overall its been Kansas but that was when we were DII.

off all teams to do a 2-1 southern miss seems like an odd choice???

Not positive, but my guess would be one of the UNI teams that came here in the last couple of years.

EDIT: Also, NDSU hosted A Bob Huggins coached Kansas St. team at the BSA a few years back. Not sure how good that KSU

team was though.

Is it a 2 down there and 1 in Fargo? Southern Miss to me is a lot like Bowling Green and Louisiana Techs, that have visited up here. Because they were 27 and 10 a year ago, that is nothing to sneeze at I grant you. The last couple of years they have slotted themselves nicely behind Memphis in the conference standings, but prior to that they either finished mid table or near the bottom. So it's not like they are seeing a perennial power down in Fargo. Personally, I would schedule a Northern Iowa, 10 out of 10 times compared to a 2 for 1 deal with Southern Miss. While it appears that NDSU got a reasonable quality opponent, Southern Miss's own track record would indicate that the last 2 years have been more aberration as opposed to a program with a long track record of success. It's nice to see other schools from other parts of the country so kudos, but I'm not going to make it anymore than it is.

Is it a 2 down there and 1 in Fargo? Southern Miss to me is a lot like Bowling Green and Louisiana Techs, that have visited up here. Because they were 27 and 10 a year ago, that is nothing to sneeze at I grant you. The last couple of years they have slotted themselves nicely behind Memphis in the conference standings, but prior to that they either finished mid table or near the bottom. So it's not like they are seeing a perennial power down in Fargo. Personally, I would schedule a Northern Iowa, 10 out of 10 times compared to a 2 for 1 deal with Southern Miss. While it appears that NDSU got a reasonable quality opponent, Southern Miss's own track record would indicate that the last 2 years have been more aberration as opposed to a program with a long track record of success. It's nice to see other schools from other parts of the country so kudos, but I'm not going to make it anymore than it is.

Exactly. The Calliou hype machine is at it again. How many times did he say "high-major" in that article - 10 times? He acts like North Carolina is coming to the Bison Sports Dump. Its freakin Southern Mississippi! :silly:

• Upvote 1

Not positive, but my guess would be one of the UNI teams that came here in the last couple of years.

EDIT: Also, NDSU hosted A Bob Huggins coached Kansas St. team at the BSA a few years back. Not sure how good that KSU

team was though.

KSU made it to the NIT that year, so they were solid but not great. It was a lot of fun sitting behind KSU's bench though.

It is definitely an interesting schedule so far....

@Ohio State

@Notre Dame

@UND

@Bryant

@Western Michigan

vs Delaware

vs Towson

vs Southern Miss

It sounds like we'll have two more high majors on the road.

KSU made it to the NIT that year, so they were solid but not great. It was a lot of fun sitting behind KSU's bench though.

It is definitely an interesting schedule so far....

@Ohio State

@Notre Dame

@UND

@Bryant

@Western Michigan

vs Delaware

vs Towson

vs Southern Miss

It sounds like we'll have two more high majors on the road.

Do those listed above include any early season tourney games? I know there were some good matchups for NDSU through a couple of the tourneys they played in last year......

I'm hoping UND gets a pretty good non-conference schedule this year. I think it should be pretty decent......

Do those listed above include any early season tourney games? I know there were some good matchups for NDSU through a couple of the tourneys they played in last year......

I'm hoping UND gets a pretty good non-conference schedule this year. I think it should be pretty decent......

I believe the OSU/ND games are part of their early season tourney from the group they signed with (Gazelle Group maybe?)

Will there be a double header for the NDSU/UND match ups this year. I think having the two different events takes away from the women's game. Not many show up for that game. A Saturday double header would be fun.

Do we all still want to be D2? Doubleheaders, for the most part, are a thing of the past thankfully. Personally, I don't like doubleheaders. That's way to long for my kids attention spans, and If a doubleheader starts at 6, you don't get home until after 10. Can't each event just stand on it's own?

Will there be a double header for the NDSU/UND match ups this year. I think having the two different events takes away from the women's game. Not many show up for that game. A Saturday double header would be fun.

Don't care about the women's game with how bad our team is, but if there was a saturday double header, I'd make my way up to El Forko.

The Delaware home game and Bryant road game are also part of the deal with the Gazelle Group.

Any idea what the parameters or cost for that deal was? NDSU has gotten some good games out of it, though the majority have been on the road. Wondering how many of those they would have been able to get on their own and if they think it was worth it.