SiouxSports.com Forum

Schedule: 2013-14

bincitysioux

I know we've all alluded to this topic in a couple other threads, but figured I'd start a dedicated one so we can update it as the schedule progresses throughout the summer.

Season ticket renewals came today and it indicated that Fargo U. and South Dakota St. would be on the docket. I presume both will be at home.

Here is a thought: How about a money game at UCLA? Coach Jones' mentor, Steve Alford recently took the job there. We travelled to New Mexico a couple years back shortly after Alford took over that program. That would be fun............

How about a game at Minnesota, Nebraska, Wisconsin or Kansas. Big name schools around here would be better IMO.

I agree that all those would be more appealing to fans as far as a money-game goes. We played Kansas two seasons ago, and Wisconsin the year before. Obviously everyone would love to get Minnesota. I think that game will happen fairly soon now that the nickname debacle is over.

I was just throwing out UCLA because of the Jones-Alford connection.

Here are the "money games" we've played recently:

2012-13: Kansas St.

2011-12: Kansas & New Mexico

2010-11: Wisconsin

2009-10: Iowa St. & Texas A&M

2008-09: Wichita St. & Texas A&M

2007-08: Iowa St.

Seems like Coach Jones tries to hit the middle of the country for our "money games" in addition to tapping into his personal connections for non-conference games. Northern Iowa, for example has been a pretty regular opponent recently. He is an alum and their last two head coaches have North Dakota ties. Played Iowa St. twice while their HC was a former UND assistant. Played New Mexico shortly after Alford was hired.

My guess is that our "money game" this year will be against a Big 10 or Big 12 team, and/or possibly an outside chance against UCLA.

I still think it would be cool to play UCLA..............................

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I heard Minnesota dropped NDSU but SU picked up at Ohio St and at Notre Dame...any news on our OOC teams? Is the Goohers staying away from Dakota teams in all sports?

I believe they are still playing South Dakota State in MBB this year...unless that was changed also.

When I first saw Minnesota drop NDSU I thought oh great the B1G is dropping the mid majors too.

Not if they want to continue to have a majority of home games for their OOC games. And I'm not so certain I would say that UM "dumped" NDSU. The contracts are signed yearly and are not ongoing. Maybe the dates didn't line up.

Not if they want to continue to have a majority of home games for their OOC games. And I'm not so certain I would say that UM "dumped" NDSU. The contracts are signed yearly and are not ongoing. Maybe the dates didn't line up.

I don't know the reason but I would think Minny dropped SU because no way would SU drop Minny. But SU did get majors OSU and ND so its not a bad replacement except Minny would've been closer.

Well upon good news, I ran into a Oregon bball blog, and there was some news that we play @Oregon this year. Hope this is correct!

That's cool. We may be invading the Pac 12 in the upcoming years with UW and Utah in football, now Oregon in basketball (if its true).

I don't know the reason but I would think Minny dropped SU because no way would SU drop Minny. But SU did get majors OSU and ND so its not a bad replacement except Minny would've been closer.

2 year contract was up and the Gophers ended up not renewing it for the coming season.

I know KU coming to UND twice was quite a treat. Is there any chance of major teams coming to Grand Forks? Or will we just see mid-majors only.

Are you saying Kansas came to Grand Forks twice? They only came once...unless they came back before the 80's. UND had played twice at Phog Allen in recent times...

I was at the game at KU two seasons ago. When was the other? Sorry, don't remember.

UND played at Kansas on 11/17/2000 and lost 92-61. KU, along with Jeff Boschee, came to Grand Forks on 12/22/01 and beat us 108-77. UND again went to Lawrence on 12/31/11 to play their last officiall BBall game as the Fighting Sioux...and lost 84-58.

UND played at Kansas on 11/17/2000 and lost 92-61. KU, along with Jeff Boschee, came to Grand Forks on 12/22/01 and beat us 108-77. UND again went to Lawrence on 12/31/11 to play their last officiall BBall game as the Fighting Sioux...and lost 84-58.

Thanks. Didn't remember the 2000 game.