SiouxSports.com Forum

CIT Invite

CMSioux

They may be referring to NDSU instead of UND. Both should be under consideration, but based on the other schools mentioned that are hoping for a bid to the NIT it looks like they may have the schools confused, again.

I think they have it right because when you click on North Dakota it leads you to the GFHerald and the article talks about how a CIT bid is a possibility.

Didnt they see baby Saul crying in the post-game press conference after his team of juniors didnt win the tourney? Then go on to try and convince everyone how great his team is and how its NIT worthy?

If the NIT saw that classy display, they are in!

Where did you find this info so soon?! I've been all over the internet in the last 15-20 minutes, and nothing. Maybe I'm internet challenged! Anyway, tough draw for them, and I think we'll neet a Weber State type of effort.

I wish we were playing someone other than a team we've already played. Northern Iowa at their place is a very tough game for us. Northern Iowa beat Creighton and Witchita State at home in the last month. Glad they are playing but a very tough draw on the road, agree we will need a Weber type of game from everyone again.

NDSU is traveling to Western Michigan. Our game at Northern Iowa is a lot more appealing than that game. I am sure that Bison fans would rather be playing a Missouri Valley team. .

Not to mention the disparity in RPI ranking between UNI and WM. Beating UNI at home would be a major boost for the UND program.

All Times EST

TUESDAY, MARCH 19

Eastern Kentucky (24-9) @ Gardner Webb (21-12) 7:00 pm

Fairfield (19-15) @ Kent State (20-13) 7:00 pm

Savannah State (19-14) @ East Carolina (18-12) 7:00 pm

Rider (18-14) @ Hartford (17-13) 7:00 pm

Oakland (16-16) @ Youngstown State (17-15) 7:05 pm

Boston University (17-12) @ Loyola MD (21-11) 7:30 pm

Tennessee State (18-14) @ Evansville (18-14) 8:00 pm

North Dakota (16-16) @ Northern Iowa (18-14) 8:00 pm

WEDNESDAY, MARCH 20

Elon (21-11) @ Canisius (18-13) 7:00 pm

Green Bay (18-15) @ Bradley (16-16) 8:00 pm

South Alabama (17-12) @ Tulane (19-14) 8:00 pm

Chicago State (11-21) @ Illinois-Chicago (17-15) 8:00 pm

Oral Roberts (18-14) @ UT Arlington (19-13) 8:30 pm

High Point (17-13) @ UC Irvine (20-15) 10:00 pm

Cal Poly (18-13) @ Weber State (26-6) 10:00 pm

Air Force (17-13) @ Hawaii (17-14) 12:00 am

Not to mention the disparity in RPI ranking between UNI and WM. Beating UNI at home would be a major boost for the UND program.

Northern Iowa RPI is 80 and UND is 227. UNI has a better RPI than Weber and Montana. This would be a huge win for the program.

Guess you don't have to be a .500 team after all to make the tournament (Chicago State 11-21). I think Weber State (26-6) deserved to be in the CBI or maybe even the NIT.

The Great West Conference gets an autobid to the CIT. Chicago St. won the tournament this year. That is how UND got into the CIT the last two years.

Northern Iowa RPI is 80 and UND is 227. UNI has a better RPI than Weber and Montana. This would be a huge win for the program.

Definately will be a challenge. Hopefully it is a repeat of the Weber games. Blown out in the regular season, give 'em hell in the post season. Northern Iowa is a tough draw, but I don't feel they are heads and shoulders above us.

Dumb question. Does RPI adjust and update as quickly as pairwise rankings do in college hockey. In other words, what is our " current" RPI based on -- recent games, beginning of the year or mid season?

There are a few different sources for the basketball RPI, but I think the most readily accessible one to fans is realtimerpi.com. During the season, it updated a day or two after each game. Currently it has North Dakota at 224. For comparison, Montana is 75, Weber St. is 85.

This is not an official source, I think the NCAA maintains that and I don't think it is updated as quickly as this one.

It is based on the enitre season.

Just random thinking here, so don't rag on me too hard: Is the CIT a NCAA-sanctioned event? If not, do NCAA rules apply, such as transfers, red-shirts, etc.? I'm guessing they still would, but not sure why. Just wondering if we'd be legal to play some of the guys we've been waiting to see.