SiouxSports.com Forum

CIT Invite

CMSioux

The NIT is about TV ratings. Once the "autobids" (regular season champs that don't make the NCAA's) are settled, they are going to go with teams that will put eyeballs on TV sets. ESPN wants good ratings this season, to sell advertising for next years tournament.

I think Fargo was deserving of consideration for the NIT. But being left out is not the travesty that Saul had been making it out to be. There were better teams that were left out, and there teams not as good that got in. Happens with any tournament selection process.

You didn't read his color coded list. It clearly was a travesty.

• Upvote 1

I like Saul he is a good guy and a good coach ( he was my son's t-ball coach) and to be so close to a tournament like the NIT sucks when you don't make the dance. Maybe he got a little emotional, and thought because its NDSU he got the shaft. I understand his point. However teams get left out of tourneys every year from the NCAA to the CIT just suck it up and play ball. Unless his job is on the line from GT for not getting to at least the NIT he needs to get over it and try to win the CBI. Just my two cents.

Uni is more appealing but both uni and und would rather be playing in our tournament. Its the best of the lousy tournaments

Funny how you and your BVille buddies are saying UND would rather be in the CBI because its "better", but yet UND fans don't care about the CBI. Thanks for your interest in UND basketball Gabe.

Ya know, I cannot think of a better way to show the NIT how wrong they were than to go out and lose your first round CBI game to a team 50 spots lower than you in the RPI.

This should close the door on NDSU getting into the MAC...sorry Lakes you can stop your plea on the MAC boards.

Weber is rolling in rolling through the CIT. Here are the second round results:

SECOND ROUND

Evansville 86, Eastern Kentucky 72

East Carolina 75, Rider 54

Canisius 84, Youngstown State 82 (OT)

Bradley 77, Tulane 72

Northern Iowa 63, Illinois-Chicago 51

Weber State 87, Air Force 57

Sunday Games

Kent State (21-13) @ Loyola MD (22-11) 3:00 pm

UC Irvine (21-15) @ Oral Roberts (19-14) 8:00 pm

They have our score vs Air Force wrong, the real score was 78-57 but who's counting?

Weber will host the winner of the Oral Roberts/UC Irvine game on wednesday.

imo weber was the best team in the big sky this season but that home court advantage was the tipping factor in the championship game for montana tho...hope weber rolls thru to the title game and represents the bsc well..good luck

imo weber was the best team in the big sky this season but that home court advantage was the tipping factor in the championship game for montana tho...hope weber rolls thru to the title game and represents the bsc well..good luck

Thanks

I totally agree. Go Weber........