SiouxSports.com Forum

Big Sky Semi-Final v. Weber St.

bincitysioux

After the SDSU game and losing on a last second 3, thought we were due one.

The mistakes in the last minute were painful.

Wilmer was really coming into his own. It's too bad he couldn't have gone to prep school or something for one year. Another year of development could have really made him into an outstanding center.

Will be interesting next year with Salmonson, Nash, and Traylor (if he's back) what the inside game can look like. Weber St must have outweighed us 2:1.

Wow, I can't believe we won that game, UND is LEGIT to the CORE. When we were down 12 with 16 left and all the momentum in your guys' favor, I was getting sick, I'm glad Weber was able to come from behind.

I never really had any doubts about UND's invitation to the Big Sky glad I was right, North Dakota to the Big Sky was 100% brilliant.

Glad I could come on here and talk with all you guys, you have all been very classy and knowledgeable fans. enjoy my visits.

You guys are gonna be very scary good next year. Congrats on the great season, hopefully it's not over and you guys get invited to a post season tourney. I would say see you this fall, but we don't play a football game till 2014. So see you next hoops season.

Thanks, WILD. You're a class act.

That's the team that many of us thought UND would be, but injuries the loss of two JC transfers just devastated this team. Huff still is way underweight after his broken jaw/liquid diet and Brekke only now looked at full strength.

It would be really awesome to host the tournament. Know that Weber will be right up there next year.

Wow, I can't believe we won that game, UND is LEGIT to the CORE. When we were down 12 with 16 left and all the momentum in your guys' favor, I was getting sick, I'm glad Weber was able to come from behind.

I never really had any doubts about UND's invitation to the Big Sky glad I was right, North Dakota to the Big Sky was 100% brilliant.

Glad I could come on here and talk with all you guys, you have all been very classy and knowledgeable fans. I enjoy coming on here and chatting with you guys.

You guys are gonna be very scary good next year. Congrats on the great season, hopefully it's not over and you guys get invited to a post season tourney. I would say see you this fall, but we don't play a football game till 2014. So see you next hoops season.

Good luck to Weber tomorrow! That was one of the most entertaining games I have seen this season.

So what would happen if UND was able to host the men's side of the BSC tournament? With the NCHC first round playoffs scheduled the same weekend, the Ralph complex would be a real mess. Could starting times be staggered? With the championship game on ESPNU, that time is set in stone for the Saturday game.

Really sucks to lose that one but it was fun to finally watch this team at full strength. With nearly everyone coming back, next year is going to be a blast if we can stay a little healthier than this year.

Absolutely!!!! And on top of that, all the "new" guys coming in -- Nash, Salmonson, Academically re-set Traylor and maybe our new freshman phenom Hooker could make it a special special year.

That was a great performance tonight. Gut-wrenching Way to end the season, but the final 60 minutes of basketball on the season by this team was superb. Thank you to the entire team and staff for an exiting season. And a special thanks is to the seniors that have bled for this program. Can't wait until next year.

Very tough loss but in the end the guys played a hell of a game and are showing some real potential. I am not normally a basketball fan but this team showed that we are capable of much more. I will be following close next year (and hopefully the CIT this year) Roll Tribe!

• Upvote 1

Great effort by our boys. They lost a close one to a very talented team. Tough for our seniors to go out that way, but hopefully they still have a couple more games in a UND uniform. These games only give our returning players experience and confidence going into next season and into another Big Sky Tournament.

It was fun to watch these last two games with everyone healthy. With the guys coming back and the addition of Traylor and Nash, this team is going to be very good next year. We have been waiting for 4 years for this team to make a run at an NCAA Tournament berth, and next year I think we will have the team to do it. I am excited for next season, but I hope that we can get a CIT tournament game at the Betty to watch these guys play again this year. How bout a CIT Tournament run?!!! I'm game!

We have to stay healthy next season. I think Traylor needs to get his grades in order. We need a true 4 next year. Our best lineup last night was when Brekke and Wilmer played together. It would be nice to have someone a little more athletic at the 4. Hard not to be excited about what we have coming back and be really excited about what we are adding.

We have to stay healthy next season. I think Traylor needs to get his grades in order. We need a true 4 next year. Our best lineup last night was when Brekke and Wilmer played together. It would be nice to have someone a little more athletic at the 4. Hard not to be excited about what we have coming back and be really excited about what we are adding.

Even if Traylor does not regain his eligibility, perhaps a lineup with both Brekke and Nash would be effective, with either Salmonson or some other new juco transfer as a backup at the 4-5 positions. My hope is that Nash can at least replace the production of Wilmer, but we will see. Wilmer far exceeded any realistic expectations this season.

Even if Traylor does not regain his eligibility, perhaps a lineup with both Brekke and Nash would be effective, with either Salmonson or some other new juco transfer as a backup at the 4-5 positions. My hope is that Nash can at least replace the production of Wilmer, but we will see. Wilmer far exceeded any realistic expectations this season.

My question - where was the Mitch Wilmer of the last two games during the entire season?! Maybe it was better that teams in the tourney weren't prepared at all for his kind of production of the last two games.

Not bad for the first year in a "real" conference. Now that we know our opponents we can prepare better for next season. Our conference play opened some eyes especially with Weber State who I am sure had fans and media thinking their team was going to do to us like they did in the regular season. Now they need to take that energy and move it into next season. Like it was said before stay injury free, and just win baby!!!!

Guess who joined the ESPN conversation of the UND-Weber State game:

http://espn.go.com/n...ameId=330742692

lakesbison

Haha what a choke job! That's native american curse for thier racist nickname. Only 1 fan they have, completely cursed hahaha

He gets ripped on not only by UND fans but by Weber State fans too. Its not surprising most of the NDSU fans on message boards distance themselves from him.