SiouxSports.com Forum

Indian nicknames in the news

jimdahl

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

Someone suggested "Regulators" for UND back during the search.

Washington missed that option. It would've fit. 

DC could add "Stifling" in front of Regulators

Crippling, Soul Crushing, and Dream Crushing would also work as descriptors.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/2/2022 at 11:34 AM, KSSioux said:

Washington Football Team now the Washington Commanders.  You cannot make this up.  I am only attaching one of the links to this new name for the Washington football team, and people are already mocking it.  People calling them the "Commies" already, and who thought this was a great idea for a team based in our nation's capital?  There is only one "Commander" in DC and how if this going to play out based on what party is in office?  Is there anyone doing real marketing, or have common sense in the time we now live in?

Washington Football Team — after scrubbing 'offensive' Redskins name in 2020 — is now the Commanders. And mockers are already nicknaming team 'Commies.' - TheBlaze

This is what happens when you try to conform to cancel culture.  I was not a fan of the old Redskins name, nor Braves, Chiefs, Savages, etc.   I think they are in a far different category than the Sioux, Utes, Seminoles, Quakers, Sooners, Pioneers, etc.  Everyone has an opinion, but this is what "cancel culture" is now defining.

Cue the Commanders Twitter post in 2024:

”Due to negative feedback because of the white privilege and militaristic undertones of the nickname Commanders, we are retiring this nickname and logo effective immediately. We will now be known as the Washington Football Team until a new name is chosen in the not-so-distant future.”  

1 hour ago, MafiaMan said:

Cue the Commanders Twitter post in 2024:

”Due to negative feedback because of the white privilege and militaristic undertones of the nickname Commanders, we are retiring this nickname and logo effective immediately. We will now be known as the Washington Football Team until a new name is chosen in the not-so-distant future.”  

Hawks available?

• 2 months later...

https://www.valleynewslive.com/2022/05/06/dgf-school-district-looking-adopt-new-logo/

This just in.  Mustache's are now racist and unnaceptable on a school logo.  So....the new logo can still be a Rebel, but in no way can the logo have a man with hair on his lip.  Because when I see a guy with a mustache, I instantly think of confederate soldiers and their slaves they used to own.  SMH

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

https://www.valleynewslive.com/2022/05/06/dgf-school-district-looking-adopt-new-logo/

This just in.  Mustache's are now racist and unnaceptable on a school logo.  So....the new logo can still be a Rebel, but in no way can the logo have a man with hair on his lip.  Because when I see a guy with a mustache, I instantly think of confederate soldiers and their slaves they used to own.  SMH

Yet having a dick in no way makes it impossible for one to get pregnant?  All this s#%t is completely off the rails.

emoji-homme-enceint.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

The story says they picked the new mascot that carries ... a white flag.

Seems fitting. 

Consultant for DGF on this one must be French........

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

The story says they picked the new mascot that carries ... a white flag.

Seems fitting. 

A white flag!?! So, no confederates, just plain old white supremacy. LOL. 

The world has become a clown show.

OK. At this point, someone should just start a petition asking to get the bison named.  A bunch of white people steal the natives land and decimate the native bison population in order to force the tribes onto reservations, and then NDSU names themselves the bison?  Pretty offensive... More so than that dgf mess at least. 

53 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

OK. At this point, someone should just start a petition asking to get the bison named.  A bunch of white people steal the natives land and decimate the native bison population in order to force the tribes onto reservations, and then NDSU names themselves the bison?  Pretty offensive... More so than that dgf mess at least. 

I have always told Bison fan friends and family they will never understand what UND fans have gone thru these last 17 years.  But, maybe we got a chance here to make it happen!! :D  Just need to get both tribes in ND to complain about NDSU using their sacred animal as a sports mascot without their permission and the woke NCAA will instantly tell them to change!!  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

I have always told Bison fan friends and family they will never understand what UND fans have gone thru these last 17 years.  But, maybe we got a chance here to make it happen!! :D  Just need to get both tribes in ND to complain about NDSU using their sacred animal as a sports mascot without their permission and the woke NCAA will instantly tell them to change!!  

I've been saying this for years. And I would enjoy every second of their misery.:devil:

10 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

What's next?   Southerners trying to use the same bathrooms as NORTHERNERS?   Tip to DGF - maybe you could be good at sports if you didn't pick a mascot that has such LOSER implications in the first place.  Maybe it's more about the HAT than the mustache?  Just asking...

• 1 month later...
On 6/16/2022 at 6:54 AM, Blackheart said:

Coincidentally reported to you by the GW Hatchet…how long until someone has a problem with that name?:whistling:

There must be a cherry tree lobby that opposes George Washington's use of a hatchet. 

• Upvote 2

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...