SiouxSports.com Forum

Indian nicknames in the news

jimdahl

7 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

They'll probably change the logo, but keep the name. You don't hear the Chicago Blackhawks getting too much grief over their logo because it is more tasteful than that hideously grinning logo the Indians use.

Here is a history of the Indians logo, and maybe either go with the C or go with the Indian with the headdress like the one in the upper right. The second from the right looks like a poor imitation of the Blackhawk logo. I will miss Chief Wahoo, and still have hats with his logo on it.

20090912_blanket1.jpg

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, darell1976 said:

#ChiefWahooForever

8 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

They'll probably change the logo, but keep the name. You don't hear the Chicago Blackhawks getting too much grief over their logo because it is more tasteful than that hideously grinning logo the Indians use.

Don't kid yourself.  The Chicago Blackhawks are on the SJW hit list.

1 hour ago, MafiaMan said:

Don't kid yourself.  The Chicago Blackhawks are on the SJW hit list.

The SJW Hit List

NHL: CHI
MLB: CLE, ATL
NFL: WAS, KC
NCAA: FSU <-- don't kid yourself, they still want that crown jewel 

And then some day they'll get Golden State to move further from "Warriors".

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

The SJW Hit List

NFL: WAS

But its not an Indian Warrior, just like the Braves of Bradley there is no Indian intent. ;)

Why isn't the KC Chiefs on the hit list?

1 minute ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I am sure they are. But they don't get even a fraction of the hate that Chief Wahoo does. And I think the reason is obvious.

Yea...because baseball is considered America's past-time and hockey is still a niche sport.  

7 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Yea...because baseball is considered America's past-time and hockey is still a niche sport.  

They went after little UND, so I don't think the overall profile of the team will dictate whether or not a team is targeted. Particularly in the social media world we now live in.

And a slight correction, baseball is America's "past-its-time". ;):p:)

4 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

They went after little UND, so I don't think the overall profile of the team will dictate whether or not a team is targeted. Particularly in the social media world we now live in.

And a slight correction, baseball is America's "past-its-time". ;):p:)

"They" had the help of the NCAA.  Disagree with their bull (cough, cough, state of North Carolina) and  you get the horns until you cave in.    

• 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

San Diego St student reps voted 14-12 to keep the Aztec name.  Ten dissenters resigned their positions in protest against the evil rascist name.

Good!  Hopefully SDSU can find ten students with some COMMON  EFFING SENSE to take their place.  :lol:

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/opinion/the-conversation/sd-how-will-sdsu-vote-on-the-aztec-warrior-20170419-htmlstory.html

Interesting video of the vote - fast-forward to the end after the votes are tallied.  Good stuff.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

Good!  Hopefully SDSU can find ten students with some COMMON  EFFING SENSE to take their place.  :lol:

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/opinion/the-conversation/sd-how-will-sdsu-vote-on-the-aztec-warrior-20170419-htmlstory.html

Interesting video of the vote - fast-forward to the end after the votes are tallied.  Good stuff.

Ouch!  Lots of hurt feelings going on there....

9 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

San Diego St student reps voted 14-12 to keep the Aztec name.  Ten dissenters resigned their positions in protest against the evil rascist name.

Took my family to a small restaurant in Old Town before the San Diego State game in 2012. An older woman (late 60's, early 70's) was sitting next to our table when we sat down She took one look at my eight year old son's shirt with a very large Sioux logo and started to "huff and puff" and then gave me the evil eye and walked out. It was very hilarious.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Blackheart said:

Ouch!  Lots of hurt feelings going on there....

Love the one woman getting up to the podium at the end and barking "DO YOUR JOB!" at the committee members.  They did.  Just because the vote didn't go your way doesn't mean they didn't consider your objections.  But, welcome to the new America - where you can't have a different  opinion than the mob.  

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/13/2017 at 8:24 AM, The Sicatoka said:

The SJW Hit List

NFL: WAS, KC

And yet, somehow Fighting Irish, Padres and Demon Deacons are ok.

1 hour ago, NoiseInsideMyHead said:

Still waiting for the Aztec lobby to mobilize. Under Citizens United, I think extinct cultures can form PACs.

Did you watch the video link above?  They almost succeeded a few weeks ago.