SiouxSports.com Forum

NORTH DAKOTA vs. WISCONSIN - Friday

AZSIOUX

It was interesting in a game where the referees "let them play", how quickly a defensive minded team like Wisconsin turned it into an all out tackle fest. Much like the Denver team of several years ago.

The tackles totally eliminated any forecheck ND might have got going, and likely a number of good scoring chances as well.

• Upvote 1

If you are making the decison who do you go with in goal tonight? Gothberg played pretty well last night and probably deserves another start, but it would be his first time starting back to back games at the college level. Saunders was decent in his last start and has probably been a little bit more consistent through the year. Are you sticking with the rotation or hoping you get the same performance from Zane as last night?

Zane needs to play again tonight, he earned that and he should see back to back games for the first time this season. This lack of scoring lately is just killing this team. Better figure it out tonight or we keep sliding down the pairwise....come on sioux!

Besides sat night in minny goals have been non existent. Lots of talent out there to be this bad offensively last 6 games.

Whoever posted above is dead on right about this team having zero identity in February. Figure it tonight and give the fans a reason to stay loud! Go sioux

I give Zane another start. He earned it. Best performance by a Sioux goalie all year.

If the only line that you have to worry about is the top line, you always match-up with your best defensive pairing and either your top scoring line or your checking line.

UND has proven that nobody else can put the puck in the net.

Just like Ben Hanowski said. SCSU's plan was entirely built around limiting time and space for Kristo and Knight.

It sounds like everybody thinks something is wrong, locker room , poor defensive play and lines not set. Hmmm who is in charge. If you have a poor business plan and sales fall do you fire the guy in the mail room, nope. First you change middle management (Eades) well things got worse. Maybe they don't fire Hakstol but as he said last Friday that everyone has to look in the mirror that means him two. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

• Upvote 1

This game today has the feel that is a must win game. The RPM line needs to step up and score on some of these chances they're creating and that could actually go for the whole team too. There were 2 or 3 posts guys hit last night, Knight couldn't finish a great chance early in the game that would have created a lot of momentum, Rowney had a great chance and couldn't finsh, there are just way too many good chances that guys can't finish on. A lot of people have mentioned how the RPM line hasn't been able to score and whether that line should stay together or not and I think they should because they have created a lot of good chances and just have to start finishing them. Another guy who needs to get back to how he was playing earlier this season is Caggiula as he was a big scoring threat in the first half of the season and really hasn't created too much offense in the 2nd half so far although that may be because of a change in his linemates. A lot of different options to go with but I really think we have to get more offensive zone time and chances from our 3rd and 4th lines.

I'd like to see this lineup tonight if RPM stays together

Grimaldi-Knight-Kristo

MacMillan-Rowney-Parks

Caggiula-St.Clair-O'Donnell

Chyzk-Pattyn-Gaarder

If you wanted to break them up

MacMillan-Knight-Kristo

Caggiula-Grimaldi-Parks

O'Donnell-Rowney-St.Clair

Chyzk-Pattyn-Gaarder

One of the reasons this team "looks different" is that we have been making a lot of poor decisions with the puck. Too many passes to nobody, too many unforced errors, too many just plain hand it back to the opponent.

As a result, the puck spends too much time in our end, we keep getting outshot, and we don't get the cycle game going.

Sometimes the opponent will force a pass that results in a turnover, and Wisconsin is really good at that. But we made it easy for them last night.

Goon any video of the scrum that apparently happened? I was at the central game when it happened so I didn't get to see it.

Unfortunately, I don't, I have DirecTV. Yeah, I know, its sucks but the benefits more times than not, outweigh the negatives. I get tons of college hockey and I can see the Michigan and Michigan State game today on Fox Sports Detroit. Yeah I know, both of those teams suck.

The cycle is a puck possession system. It is designed to wear down an opponent's defense through a relentless forecheck. Theory being if the puck is on the opposite end boards, it can't go into your net. It is not an offensive system, offense is supposed to be a downstream result.

This team is not a puck possession team. It is not a physically dominating offensive team. It is not even an overly skilled team.

I think this team is a "tweener" not skilled enough to be a skill team (after the first line) not physical enough to be a punishing team...

Then we have the whole defensive zone failure...

Unfortunately, I don't, I have DirecTV. Yeah, I know, its sucks but the benefits more times than not, outweigh the negatives. I get tons of college hockey and I can see the Michigan and Michigan State game today on Fox Sports Detroit. Yeah I know, both of those teams suck.

The one time there's some good action..... Such is life. Ill be there in person tonight so hopefully it boils over

There has been speculation he is injured, but he really hasn't done anything to prove he should be in the lineup consistently when he has had the chance.

With how inconsistent this team has been playing, it almost has to be an injury then, the 3rd and 4th lines have been interchangeable the second half of the year

I hate Brian too. Not a fan at all. I've spent years reading his worthless posts and the guy adds absolutely nothing to the conversation.

If we fire Brian we could save the season.

T R O L L :devil:

That's it, Wilbur. Next time we skate together at Agassiz I am going to go all Jones on you.

:)

Didn't hear the interview because I can't stand listening to the Midco team but apparently Wisco wasn't very happy with our fans.

UW's Michael Mersch calls out UND fans in our 2nd intermission interview Friday night, Mersch quote:"you would never see something like that at the Kohl Center with their fans leaning over our bench which is kinda unfortunate."

A little too intense and passionate for the BADgers taste I guess.