SiouxSports.com Forum

crb1

What relevance does it have what I call him? Jonny G is that better?

Nah, it doesn't matter. It just reminds me of people calling the Cowboys "America's Team". Sure, if you're a Cowboy fan I'd do it too. But I can't stand the Cowboys so just because they give themselves the "America's Team" moniker I'm supposed to believe that they're "America's Team" and call them that too?

Same with Gadreau - he's a BC kid so I can see BC fans calling him Johnny Hockey, but would hope fans of other teams wouldn't feed that.

Sorry for the rant.

since you have no more details than anyone else regarding what Knight did or didn't do, this is premature wishful thinking. He has been charged, but has not been found guilty of anything. We could say haula is out as well.

Wishful thinking? I couldn't care less who wins the Hobey or who the finalists are. But has anyone ever won the Hobey while being charged with a misdemeanor that same season?

Wishful thinking? I couldn't care less who wins the Hobey or who the finalists are. But has anyone ever won the Hobey while being charged with a misdemeanor that same season?

Before the Internet and 24 hour news cycle? Yeah, maybe even a winner that did worse than host a party or piss on a wall.

Nah, it doesn't matter. It just reminds me of people calling the Cowboys "America's Team". Sure, if you're a Cowboy fan I'd do it too. But I can't stand the Cowboys so just because they give themselves the "America's Team" moniker I'm supposed to believe that they're "America's Team" and call them that too?

Same with Gadreau - he's a BC kid so I can see BC fans calling him Johnny Hockey, but would hope fans of other teams wouldn't feed that.

Sorry for the rant.

Don't get me wrong I am no fan of BC.

Well Hrkac was no angel but he was by far the best player the year he won

I'm pretty sure Tony Hockey (sorry, couldn't resist) stayed out of the police blotter...and without the age of the internet, iphone, and youtube, any 'oops' moment wasn't promptly broadcast all over the hockey country for everyone to see.

Kristo and Knight...no shot.

I'm pretty sure Tony Hockey (sorry, couldn't resist) stayed out of the police blotter...and without the age of the internet, iphone, and youtube, any 'oops' moment wasn't promptly broadcast all over the hockey country for everyone to see.

Kristo and Knight...no shot.

Kids need to figure this out, there are no secrets anymore.

Yeah good one......if a goofer had a chance in hell you'd be holding the ladder to hang a banner for winning the fan vote....

• 1 month later...

Charges against Knight dropped. Looks like the GFPD jumped the gun again.

http://www.grandfork...icle/id/258276/

That was about the only thing holding him back from being a legit chance of winning the Hobey. Character is a huge factor in deciding the winner when it gets down to 3. Being found guilty to a misdemeanor charge involving alcohol and minors would have definitely made it very difficult for Corbin to win the Hobey. Now, its a really good chance!! Knight for Hobey!!

So let me get this straight...Only Corban is up for the Hobey but only Kristo is up for WCHA player of the year? Huh?

Kristo is UND's nominee for WCHA POY, the Hobey vote is basically meaningless, both Knight and Kristo are up for the Hobey.

Nice article on Knight, but in my own opinion, Schlossman went a little overboard with the "Knight is Hobey worthy" propaganda..... but I suppose we all expected a sunshine story about him once the charges were dropped. After all, media exposure is critical in the Hobey race.

All the same, kudos to Corban for conducting himself in the manner that he is. Very unique among star college athletes.

As much as I would love to see Knight and Kristo both receive the hobey, Danny Is the BESTbplayer in college

Hockey!!! Yes, he's made mistakes- like young people do. His commitment to this team and program is inspiring to his teammates and this community! KRISTO FOR HOBEY!!!!!