SiouxSports.com Forum

crb1

No way a Sioux player wins....their is credible evidence that both Kristo and Knight have character issues (I guess). It will go to someone else. Heck, I had my fair share of minors and I turned out fine. However, the selection committee seems to blast kids who get in even the littlest of trouble....it's unfortunate.

I think top three will be

Kristo

Geadreueuueau

LeBlaghhhhhh

My mulligan is haula.

And the BC kid will win..ECB is too much to overcome

Haha, Haula should have the "character issue" cloud all over him. What a mess that guy is at the bars in Minny.

No way a Sioux player wins....their is credible evidence that both Kristo and Knight have character issues (I guess). It will go to someone else. Heck, I had my fair share of minors and I turned out fine. However, the selection committee seems to blast kids who get in even the littlest of trouble....it's unfortunate.

Knight's charges were dropped seeing as he doesn't drink.

Congrats to Danny and Corban top 10 Hobey Baker!

Kristo4Hobey

Via brads blog

http://undhockey.areavoices.com/?p=93961

2013 Hobey Baker Award finalists

Danny Kristo, Sr, F, North Dakota

Corban Knight, Sr, F, North Dakota

Ryan Walters, Jr, F, Nebraska Omaha

Drew LeBlanc, Sr, F, St. Cloud State

Johnny Gaudreau, So, F, Boston College

Austin Czarnik, So, F, Miami

Greg Carey, Jr, F, St. Lawrence

Kyle Flanagan, Sr, F, St. Lawrence

Eric Hartzell, Sr, G, Quinnipiac

Carsen Chubak, Jr, G, Niagara

First of all, Haula got absolutely snubbed, he deserves to be there. I honestly think it will be very easy to predict the top 3. I think the goalies can be eliminated right off the bat, I would expect there numbers to go down in the NCAA tournament anyway. Czarnik has no really no chance. His team is good, but his numbers aren't there. I really don't think he deserves to be on this list. The St. Lawrence guys have good numbers, but not good enough to account for playing in the ECAC. Plus they won't make the NCAA tournament. Same thing for Walters, good numbers, but his team is out of the NCAA tournament so I would guess he is out as well.

That leaves Knight, Kristo, LeBlanc, and Gaudreau. All four have a very good shot at this award. I honestly think the front runner is Kristo. Gaudreau has good numbers, but not substantially better than the other 3. He is also an underclassmen, and they rarely win this award. After this weekend, Kristo could have a better points-per-game average than Gaudreau. LeBlanc doesn't have many goals, but is without a doubt, the leader of the WCHA champs.

I think this is the year that voters will vote for the storyline or background of the player, kind of like a few years ago when Geoffrion won it. He won it despite being the 4th leading scorer on his own team (4-year player, senior captain, goal scorer). LeBlanc coming back for his fifth year using a medical redshirt. Gaudreau being the star of the gold medal winning Team USA. Knight being such a good two way player, and character guy. Kristo, a legitimate pro prospect and star since he came to UND, stayed all four years when no one thought he would. This doesn't happen very often anymore, so hopefully he is rewarded for it this year.

First of all, Haula got absolutely snubbed, he deserves to be there. I honestly think it will be very easy to predict the top 3. I think the goalies can be eliminated right off the bat, I would expect there numbers to go down in the NCAA tournament anyway. Czarnik has no really no chance. His team is good, but his numbers aren't there. I really don't think he deserves to be on this list. The St. Lawrence guys have good numbers, but not good enough to account for playing in the ECAC. Plus they won't make the NCAA tournament. Same thing for Walters, good numbers, but his team is out of the NCAA tournament so I would guess he is out as well.

That leaves Knight, Kristo, LeBlanc, and Gaudreau. All four have a very good shot at this award. I honestly think the front runner is Kristo. Gaudreau has good numbers, but not substantially better than the other 3. He is also an underclassmen, and they rarely win this award. After this weekend, Kristo could have a better points-per-game average than Gaudreau. LeBlanc doesn't have many goals, but is without a doubt, the leader of the WCHA champs.

I think this is the year that voters will vote for the storyline or background of the player, kind of like a few years ago when Geoffrion won it. He won it despite being the 4th leading scorer on his own team (4-year player, senior captain, goal scorer). LeBlanc coming back for his fifth year using a medical redshirt. Gaudreau being the star of the gold medal winning Team USA. Knight being such a good two way player, and character guy. Kristo, a legitimate pro prospect and star since he came to UND, stayed all four years when no one thought he would. This doesn't happen very often anymore, so hopefully he is rewarded for it this year.

I watched a lot of college hockey this year and Kristo has been the most consistent player throughout the year. With his speed and hands, he's generating offensive chances game in and game out. In my mind, he's been the best college player. No question. If UND can get past Colorado College tonight and Danny has a few points tonight and then have a few points against Minnesota regardless of a win or loss against Minnesota, Danny should set the bar as the front runner to win the Hobey.

the coaches chose this list. go be mad at them.

the coaches chose this list. go be mad at them.

Seeing as no part of my post was written in anger? When do I state that I am mad? The whole post illustrates my thoughts on the selections and my predictions on how it will play out.

Not playing anymore final Five costs Kristo the Hobey....Discuss

And BC kids runs away with it

Jonny hockey was going to win it anyways. Only thing that would change anyones mind is if someone absolutely goes off in a conference tourny (ie Dave Spihar state tournament performance). Highest PPG in hockey for a sophomore on a winning team in a big time conference wins the HB.

There is no way that Kristo wins it. The off the ice stuff gives the voters an excuse. Andy Miele was a helluva hockey player, but he didn't dominate games like Matt Frattin did. Voters just took one look at Frattin's past, and as Schlossman said "You'd be amazed to see how some people voted." Is Kristo one of the best players in the country? Yup. Does he deserve to win it? Yup.

Will he win it? Nope..... :sad:

• Upvote 1

There is no way that Kristo wins it. The off the ice stuff gives the voters an excuse. Andy Miele was a helluva hockey player, but he didn't dominate games like Matt Frattin did. Voters just took one look at Frattin's past, and as Schlossman said "You'd be amazed to see how some people voted." Is Kristo one of the best players in the country? Yup. Does he deserve to win it? Yup.

Will he win it? Nope..... :sad:

Disagree. Off ice problems are not what winning the Hobey is all about

Disagree. Off ice problems are not what winning the Hobey is all about

Whats disgraceful is sitting in front of gopher fans who use racial/sexual extremely rude language for two whole hockey games (around children no less).

Thats the disgrace.

• Upvote 1