SiouxSports.com Forum

crb1

Not that I would agree, but I think Drew LeBlanc wins the Hobey. I think some voters will see he was Player of the Year in the WCHA and jump to the conclusion that he is the better player. Not sure many people appreciate everything Knight brings to the table like scouts and Sioux fans do. I suppose that could be said of a lot of players though. LeBlanc also brings the comeback angle to the equation since he had to sit out all of last year with an injury. I'm sure some voters could be swayed by that kind of feel good story.

Leblanc only has 13 goals.

Not that I would agree, but I think Drew LeBlanc wins the Hobey. I think some voters will see he was Player of the Year in the WCHA and jump to the conclusion that he is the better player. Not sure many people appreciate everything Knight brings to the table like scouts and Sioux fans do. I suppose that could be said of a lot of players though. LeBlanc also brings the comeback angle to the equation since he had to sit out all of last year with an injury. I'm sure some voters could be swayed by that kind of feel good story.

I would rather someone like LeBlanc wins it than one of those east coast cake eaters or a goaltender that has a great defensive system in front of him. But with this award, anything is possible.

• Upvote 1

Leblanc only has 13 goals.

True, and Knight has 15, so if people are just looking at stats, then Knight has issues in the voters eyes as well. Obviously LeBlanc impressed WCHA voters enough with those numbers, and outside of a truly dominant player, I think Leblanc, for the reasons I stated and St. Cloud not having a Hobey winner, could be enough to put him over the top in a year that nobody stands out a lot stats wise. Hope I'm wrong and Kristo or Knight get a good look, but as somebody else said, it wouldn't be horrible to see a guy like LeBlanc win either.

Nothing wrong with Kristo's stats.

Totally agree, which begs the question, why wasn't he the WCHA POY? Just think that the Hobey voters might follow suit even though Kristo is the most dominant offensively of all the Hobey candidates.

Totally agree, which begs the question, why wasn't he the WCHA POY? Just think that the Hobey voters might follow suit even though Kristo is the most dominant offensively of all the Hobey candidates.

Well, that doesn't necessarily bode poorly for Kristo. Blake Geoffrion wasn't POY (Marc Cheverie) the year he won.

Daily update:

• Corban Knight, Sr, F, University of North Dakota 12540 votes
  • Danny Kristo, Sr, F, University of North Dakota 2516 votes
  • Drew LeBlanc, Sr, F, St. Cloud State University 12881 votes

No one else is really close to Corban or Drew ... I threw Kristo in there for comparison he is in fourth place overall ... bringing up the rear is the Purple Eagles netminder

â– Carsen Chubak, Jr, G, Niagara University 573 votes

Daily update:

• Corban Knight, Sr, F, University of North Dakota 12540 votes
  • Danny Kristo, Sr, F, University of North Dakota 2516 votes
  • Drew LeBlanc, Sr, F, St. Cloud State University 12881 votes

No one else is really close to Corban or Drew ... I threw Kristo in there for comparison he is in fourth place overall ... bringing up the rear is the Purple Eagles netminder

â– Carsen Chubak, Jr, G, Niagara University 573 votes

Knight - 14230

Kristo - 2655

LeBlanc - 14356

Now that the regionals are over, who do you see making the Hobey Hat Trick and winning it. Drew LeBlanc and Eric Hartzell are the only two finalists to make it to Pittsburgh.

Greg Carey, 28 g, 23 a

Carsen Chubak, .939 sv%, 1.91 gaa

Austin Czarnik, 14 g, 26 a

Kyle Flanagan, 15 g, 32 a

Johnny Gaudreau, 21 g, 30 a

Eric Hartzell, .933 sv%, 1.55 gaa

Corban Knight, 16 g, 33 a

Danny Kristo, 26 g, 26 a

Drew LeBlanc, 13 g, 37 a

Ryan Walters, 22 g, 30 a

Earlier this year I would have said Gaudreau is a lock to win it. He seemed to fade late in the year relative to the first part of the season. I now think Hartzell will win it because of his numbers and Qunnipiac's spot in the FF.