SiouxSports.com Forum

crb1

I am asking all Sioux fans to please vote Corban Knight for Hobey Baker award. You can vote once everyday and you can vote on your computer, smartphone, work computer and iPad or tablet device in the same day as well. In my opinion Corban is the best all around player and should at least make the Hobey Hat Trick. He is also a Senior and 4 year player who will graduate and he is great in the community and just an all around great kid. http://www.hobeybakeraward.com

• Upvote 1

Just voted for knight....question, why isn't kristo on there? The goofs have 3 players. Looks as though Johnny hockey and night are tight.

From UNDSID's Twitter feed:

Some fans appear confused by the Vote For Hobey process, so bear with me for a few tweets here (cont 'd)...

1) Schools can submit up to three candidates. Some schools choose to use all three, some submit only one. Every situation is different.

2) The UND coaching staff chose Corban Knight. As SID, I was given the chance to provide my input. Those discussions will remain private.

3) Having multiple candidates can sometimes hurt your cause (ie. splitting votes). You always weigh that to some extent when deciding.

I hope those three points help clarify. Corban's portfolio speaks for itself. Let's focus on who did get nominated, not who didn't.

I think having Knight alone gives a UND the best chance of winning and while Kristo is certainly deserving and talented, in the end I don't think he would have a legitimate chance of winning due to the criteria included for the award and some of the perceptions(some real, some created) with Danny.

• Upvote 2

Makes sense to me, thanks. Right now in their careers, Knight is a much better "all-around" player than Johnny Hockey. Yes, he has always put up points in bunches and yes he plays for an outstanding team and yes he received a lot ofpublicity during the WJC. However, Knight is offensive, he is defensive and the guy can win draws with the best of them...not simply offensive. My un-biased (but biased) vote goes to Knight.

This is great for 1 reason, more exposure. Hope we all know it has no real outcome on the race but this is a great way to get the word out! Tons of hockey to be played and many great players

To those who think Johnny G is just getting attention because of his wjt, just watch him play. He's a hell of a player and remember he's only played in 14 games with 2nd highest points per game in nation. Just saying

I would take knight all day though!

HOBEY KNIGHTER!

This is great for 1 reason, more exposure. Hope we all know it has no real outcome on the race but this is a great way to get the word out! Tons of hockey to be played and many great players

You are correct. Most of us know this only accounts for 1% of the voting but it is great exposure for the school and Corban. Win Win

Down by 70 votes people. Keep voting, I can't imagine this voting really matters. Something I find rediculous that Kristo isn't even on the list. UMD has 2 freshman on the list, just stupid.

Look above you...each school picks up to three candidates. It was our school's choice to only submit one.

Vote vote vote.......the Calgary leFlame rubes are pushing hard for jonny G in the voting but they don't know the tenacity of the Sioux fan!!

Vote like a dead democrat in chicago..........multiple times a day.

a little fuel for the fire: http://forum.calgary...2&postcount=597

Voted, me thinks there is something weird going on. No way does High River and the entire State of North Dakota have the population to even do what they are doing here. Shannanigans on this voting if Calgary and Boston can't be blowing this out there is something very shaddy going on.

FYI : you can vote once daily on each different device you may have. ipad, iphone, laptop, desktop, other laptop etc.

It looked pretty clearly like Parks didn't touch that goal last night, so Corban should've gotten the goal, but USCHO has it as an assist, not a goal.

Can't say I'm surprised that the U of M would rather give our Hobey candidate an assist, instead of a goal.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vote for Corban for Hobey -http://www.hobeybake...-vote-for-hobey

Every device, every day