SiouxSports.com Forum

Week 3 UND at the big SDSU

geaux_sioux

Sorry to burst your bubble, but I am happy with my degree coming from UND and not NDSU.

The sports thing is trivial. However, jealousy is not an issue. Watching our state become a laughing stock due to the criminal activity of NDSU student (?) athletes is ridiculous. Unfortunately, some media confused UND with NDSU in this matter. That doesn't make us jealous. It pisses us off.

You realize that noone gives a !@#$ about the ballot thing aside from the people on this board, right? For north dakota to become a laughing stock, people would actually have to know and care.

NDSU is a good team, but by how their fans make them seems so great is overkill. I think it would be a quality matchup. If they want to bring up National Championships and FBS wins to a team just out of the transition period, then we can brag about how UND has 7 Hockey championships to NDSU 0?

UND played a great game, and had some good defensive plays from time to time, they know their offense is good, now they can focus on their defense.

Yeah because hockey and football are the same, good lord.

And yes I guess we can say we are great currently the reigning champs, undefeated and #1 in the country

You realize that noone gives a !@#$ about the ballot thing aside from the people on this board, right? For north dakota to become a laughing stock, people would actually have to know and care.

This is accurate. Most people think of the movie when Fargo is mentioned. They've never heard of Grand Forks. And a lot of people around the country couldn't point to North Dakota on the map.

Many people know about the criminal activity of NDSU's football players. Deny it all you want, but that is reality.

If you don't want to hear about it, go to Bisonville. March in goosestep with that bunch. There, it is verboten to speak about such "trivial" matters by the golden "student" athletes at NDSU, such as election fraud, underage drinking , resisting arrest, shoplifting, whipping it out in public, etc.... (Did anything happen this weekend yet? They do have some time on their hands. And you know what they say about idle hands!"

Good game, the Pick 6 came up to be a big part of the game. This game even as a loss show that UND can be a top FCS team, expecially because NDSU is #1 and they only won 21-7 over a terrible Colorado State team. I think UND would beat NDSU this year, passing offense is just too good.

NDSU specializes against the pass. Sorry brah.

Reel it in buddy. We are getting there. But NDSU defense is loaded...especially in the secondary...There offense isn't great, but they don't have to be and they can run the ball....Bad matchup for UND right now.

NDSU runs the ball, plays assignment defense, and completes passes when necessary. If you are incapable of running the ball(as UND has shown this year), you will not beat NDSU with 63 scholarships. Right now UND would have a tough time. Also, with a terrible defense that UND has shown against established D-I competition, I have a feeling NDSU would do whatever we wanted to against UND at this moment in time.

since noone here watched the ndsu-csu game, they basically spent the last 3 quarters running out the clock. Had ndsu been interested, they could have easily won by 30. I'm assuming the rest of this is a parody post, because NDSU would thrash UND this year.

Is this Mannausau's (SP?) first year as the sole defensive coordinator? Just wondering how we could have regressed this much from last years squad. Yes we graduated some good players, but we're supposed to be filling in with some better recruits right now.

Also wondering when the offensive line is going to show up for run-blocking...our top two running backs gained a total of 28 yards between them, which is exactly half of what the quarterback gained on the ground. It's like a weird mirror universe from last year. This year we can pass, but we can't run, and we can't play defense.

We really miss Dan Hendrickson... he was a stud.

Run blocking would be better if Kleason were healthy.... he's not so they need to nut up on the online and push people around like last year.

Many people know about the criminal activity of NDSU's football players. Deny it all you want, but that is reality.

If you don't want to hear about it, go to Bisonville. March in goosestep with that bunch. There, it is verboten to speak about such "trivial" matters by the golden "student" athletes at NDSU, such as election fraud, underage drinking , resisting arrest, shoplifting, whipping it out in public, etc.... (Did anything happen this weekend yet? They do have some time on their hands. And you know what they say about idle hands!"

were there not just have a couple of hockey players in trouble for this? pretty sure that got swept under the rug as "college kids doing what college kids do".

were there not just have a couple of hockey players in trouble for this? pretty sure that got swept under the rug as "college kids doing what college kids do".

And that makes it alright to do Election Fraud? every school has athletes guilty of underage drinking, election fraud, I have not heard so much.

Good job guys. Even though we didn't win we took a decent FBS team to a one possession game and that is a pretty good accomplishment. Need some defensive work and I would like to see us run the ball more but really happy with the performance. Good things to come for this program.

Good job guys. Even though we didn't win we took a decent FBS team to a one possession game and that is a pretty good accomplishment. Need some defensive work and I would like to see us run the ball more but really happy with the performance. Good things to come for this program.

Four years ago, maybe. Now - No. Need to win those games.

• Upvote 1

Reel it in buddy. We are getting there. But NDSU defense is loaded...especially in the secondary...There offense isn't great, but they don't have to be and they can run the ball....Bad matchup for UND right now.

Personally I don't think there is a team in FCS that UND can't compete against. Call me an optimist, but there can be a lot of improvement from one year to the next, as NDSU can attest. Sure there is a lot of stuff they need to improve on, but they have some talented players in skilled positions now that can be hard to stop as evidenced the first three weeks of this season. Heck, if UND and NDSU could beat teams at the top of FCS when they were Division 2 teams, I see no reason to think that on any given week UND can't beat a team at the same level with the faster and more skilled players they are bringing in now. I know NDSU fans would think that is fantasy, but they did lose to an average team last year, so I am going to hold to the adage in this rivalry that you can throw the records out the window when these teams play, and until then they will just be better on paper, although that is closing fast.

We really miss Dan Hendrickson... he was a stud.

Run blocking would be better if Kleason were healthy.... he's not so they need to nut up on the online and push people around like last year.

Exactly. I mentioned at the end of last year that Hendrickson would be tough to replace and that certainly looks to be the case. Belotti and Hawkins were also good in run support from the safety spots last year and that appears to be a weakness this year as well.

Kleason is the best interior olineman UND has had since Kuper, IMO. They made a living running the power o run play with Kleason pulling to lead. Hopefully he can get back soon because he is needed badly.

Do you read the newspaper, or anything else besides Bville? A lot of people around North Dakota are upset about the voter fraud. A lot of NDSU fans are upset about the voter fraud, ask your President about emails he has been getting. And the story has been in newspapers around the country. But I guess if Bville and Gene Taylor say everything is alright, it must be alright.

I am amazed at the Bison trolls that have appeared here in the last couple of days trying to deflect the story. The story on this thread is that UND lost a football game to a FBS team on the road, and that the defense and the running game need work. The story about voter fraud can be found in the Community section.

I'm so bitter about this game. We spot them 14 and show grit, but not on defense. How is it that everyone forgot how to break down and tackle through someone instead of playing two hand touch? The defense needs to watch some old film of Digger and the 01 team to see what playing defense at UND is supposed to look like.

If we can't run the ball next week then we need to remind the o line to leave their purses at home and move somebody. It's the same line as last year basically and they can't run block now. I hope Kleason can come back soon......

Next week's game is going to set the tone for the rest of the season...BS opener (officially), coming off 1st loss, on the road and vs. a team that can actually BEAT a FBS squad!

I'm not a big fan of Muss, but I think next week will really determine what kind of coach he is. He has to shore up the defense...tackling is a step up from flag FB and this is IMO the worst assignment played UND D I've seen since the 80's. We are very sloppy and undisciplined at times. Have to limit the deadball fouls and stupid penalties. The penalty on SDSU's early punt was essentially a TO. Have to try to get the running game going a little bit. Miller has been a complete non-factor so far this season. Not going to win many games getting outrushed 290+ to 50+.

But the 4 WRs we put out there in the spread rival what some of the better FBS teams throw out there...and that includes CSU! Let me know if any FCS team can spread you out with 4 better!?!? Probably could use one hand less a couple fingers.

So the elephant in the room this week will be who plays QB if we have 2 healthy guys and both are ready to go? My call would be you stick w Marcus to start the game. To say he has pulled his weight in 2 games is an understatement.

If UND wins at Sac St., I think they finish top 3 in BS. If not, could be an up and down season in the BS.

And to those who keep feeding the 'SU tools who frequent this site...enough already. Until we put a complete product on the field, be quiet! 6-3 vs FBS and a Natty last season leave us know room to question or critizise their FB team(s). Now the LOIC/criminal activity is another matter, but keep that in the Community threads...not here.

• Upvote 3

Next week's game is going to set the tone for the rest of the season...BS opener (officially), coming off 1st loss, on the road and vs. a team that can actually BEAT a FBS squad!

I'm not a big fan of Muss, but I think next week will really determine what kind of coach he is. He has to shore up the defense...tackling is a step up from flag FB and this is IMO the worst assignment played UND D I've seen since the 80's. We are very sloppy and undisciplined at times. Have to limit the deadball fouls and stupid penalties. The penalty on SDSU's early punt was essentially a TO. Have to try to get the running game going a little bit. Miller has been a complete non-factor so far this season. Not going to win many games getting outrushed 290+ to 50+.

But the 4 WRs we put out there in the spread rival what some of the better FBS teams throw out there...and that includes CSU! Let me know if any FCS team can spread you out with 4 better!?!? Probably could use one hand less a couple fingers.

So the elephant in the room this week will be who plays QB if we have 2 healthy guys and both are ready to go? My call would be you stick w Marcus to start the game. To say he has pulled his weight in 2 games is an understatement.

If UND wins at Sac St., I think they finish top 3 in BS. If not, could be an up and down season in the BS.

And to those who keep feeding the 'SU tools who frequent this site...enough already. Until we put a complete product on the field, be quiet! 6-3 vs FBS and a Natty last season leave us know room to question or critizise their FB team(s). Now the LOIC/criminal activity is another matter, but keep that in the Community threads...not here.

Well said Oxbow. I agree with your post. I said all offseason that I believe Muss has come a long way as head coach and can get the job done. Next week he and the team can prove that. Lots to be frustrated about but the guys have to bounce back next week in a big way.

Sam Houston st can, watch the Baylor game from last night, they are damn good, and fast hung right in with a good Baylor team

What makes them decent? Their only win before you guys was to a winless army team, they got Rolled in the first half by a not good Washington team who's only other win was a blowout of Portland St

Face it SDSU is not decent