SiouxSports.com Forum

Eight Bison football players charged

darell1976

I'm happy that the UND coaching staff has always been consistent with their punishments to players regardless if they are a starter, a backup, just coming off hip surgery, etc. Based on Mussman's past it wouldn't matter if lets say the starting qb, starting wr, backup de with potential or backup qb all committed the same offense, they would all be treated and punished the same.

This is exactly the point that I have been trying to make all morning, but it doesn't seem to sink in. Up until yesterday, you could have copied and pasted that sentence and put Bohl where you put Mussman.

This is what leads me to believe that Bohl has reason to believe this situation is different. Because of his track record on disciplinary actions, he has earned that right.

Based on Mussman's history, if it came out tomorrow that a few players were involved in some legal matter and he said we are going to let this one play out a bit before we dish out punishments.Wouldn't the only logical conclusion you could make be that Mussman must know more about this than you do and you should trust him because he has always handled these well in the past?

I know you are blinded by NDSU hatred, but at least give Coach Bohl the same consideration you would give your own coach in that matter.

I think you are misunderstanding the reason the NCAA has intervened in the cases you mentioned. They didn't step in because of the kids or coaches or alumni doing anything wrong, they don't care about rules being broken. What they care about is when rules are broken and it is covered up. Since NDSU has held a press conference to address the issue and aren't trying to cover it up or sweep it under the rug, the NCAA has no reason to think that things aren't being handled well at NDSU.

You are telling that to a UND fan on a UND board about the NCAA doesn't care about rules. If that was the case UND and about 15 or so other schools would still have their old nickname back but because rules were broken (not having tribal support) there were penalties associated with it, another words you break the rule to pay the consequence. Same goes with NDSU. You break NCAA rules...you will pay the consequence.

Honest question for those of you who feel you can give an objective response. If this was going on at UND would you be as vigorous about your call to action for Coach Mussman?

After I puked, absolutely. In the same situation, I would have sent Faison a “WTF” e-mail immediately after the coach’s press conference.

Bohl has earned a lot of respect from me in the past few years…but to me it looks like he’s on the edge of a slippery slope. If the other 92 players discover some people aren’t subject to the same rules, it’s going to bite him in the ass. I witnessed it happen once before.

Unfortunately, I witnessed it happening at UND.

You are telling that to a UND fan on a UND board about the NCAA doesn't care about rules. If that was the case UND and about 15 or so other schools would still have their old nickname back but because rules were broken (not having tribal support) there were penalties associated with it, another words you break the rule to pay the consequence. Same goes with NDSU. You break NCAA rules...you will pay the consequence.

You are just the king of crazy this morning.In the context I was speaking about, no the NCAA doesn't care about rules being broken as long as people are being punished for them. It's when people aren't being punished or it is being covered up that the NCAA steps in. For example, it isn't a problem that Reggie Bush took money or Cam Newton took money, the problem is the players weren't kicked off the team. Penn State wouldn't have had even one sanction if they would have taken care of all of this immediately instead of covering it up for a decade.

You are just the king of crazy this morning.In the context I was speaking about, no the NCAA doesn't care about rules being broken as long as people are being punished for them. It's when people aren't being punished or it is being covered up that the NCAA steps in. For example, it isn't a problem that Reggie Bush took money or Cam Newton took money, the problem is the players weren't kicked off the team. Penn State wouldn't have had even one sanction if they would have taken care of all of this immediately instead of covering it up for a decade.

So saying the NCAA will ignore this whole thing is crazy. Okay if the NCAA does nothing more power to you...btw, Craig Bohl hasn't done anything either. So the clock is ticking and people will be watching what Bohl does...suspend right away? Or wait until its more convinent.....after the season.

So saying the NCAA will ignore this whole thing is crazy. Okay if the NCAA does nothing more power to you...btw, Craig Bohl hasn't done anything either. So the clock is ticking and people will be watching what Bohl does...suspend right away? Or wait until its more convinent.....after the season.

If they do get suspended it will not be for the Colorado state game. It will conveniently be delayed till next week to make a decision and they will miss the Prairie View game (a home game where they are probably 4 TD favorites).

• Upvote 2

The long-term effect this could have on the 2012 season could be huge....

If it is found that that the players were paid for work they did not perform, they would be ruled ineligible, per the NCAA.

If you play ineligible players....

You know the rest.

Will never hold up in a million years.

Given the NCAA's track record of 'righteousness' and political correctness, at what point might they step in and do something, a la the Twitter incident with the Towson WR in last year's playoff game?

This has to at least get their attention at minimum. I think ndsu should to take the lead on this rather than risk having the NCAA step in on their own because of the lack of action.

Not to mention the NC$$'s track record of making examples of smaller schools, e.g,, Cal Tech, for seemingly "minor" issues.*

*LOIC

I'll point it out again:

Jemison was about to be charged with a class A misdemeanor and is gone.

These eight are about to be charged with a class A misdemeanor and yet are still there.

That discrepancy begs the question: Why? What's behind the curtain to cause the difference?

The NCAA loves looking behind curtains. Feel fortunate when it's not your curtain.

• Upvote 1

This is exactly the point that I have been trying to make all morning, but it doesn't seem to sink in. Up until yesterday, you could have copied and pasted that sentence and put Bohl where you put Mussman.

This is what leads me to believe that Bohl has reason to believe this situation is different. Because of his track record on disciplinary actions, he has earned that right.

Based on Mussman's history, if it came out tomorrow that a few players were involved in some legal matter and he said we are going to let this one play out a bit before we dish out punishments.Wouldn't the only logical conclusion you could make be that Mussman must know more about this than you do and you should trust him because he has always handled these well in the past?

I know you are blinded by NDSU hatred, but at least give Coach Bohl the same consideration you would give your own coach in that matter.

The situation and the players I described did not happen at UND. It was how Bohl handled his DUI incidents. Starting WR Shamen Washington suspended 1 game. DE with a ton of potential Garret Johnson suspended 1 game. The qb everyone wanted to name starter at the time who also had a couple previous minors Jose Mohler suspended 2 games. Backup QB Troy Jackson who everyone knew wasn't going to see the field, released from the team. I am basing my opinion on how Bohl is handling this to how he has handled past occurances.

• Upvote 1

The situation and the players I described did not happen at UND. It was how Bohl handled his DUI incidents. Starting WR Shamen Washington suspended 1 game. DE with a ton of potential Garret Johnson suspended 1 game. The qb everyone wanted to name starter at the time who also had a couple previous minors Jose Mohler suspended 2 games. Backup QB Troy Jackson who everyone knew wasn't going to see the field, released from the team. I am basing my opinion on how Bohl is handling this to how he has handled past occurances.

There is no conspiracy here. Shamen was a non-factor at the time of his trouble. Garret was young and yes had potential, but it isn't as though he was a major contributor yet, so it would have been easy to give him a bigger suspension without hurting the team. Not sure about the facts on the other two examples.

Coach Bohl has been as consistent as the offenses players have committed have allowed him to be. You all are making this so much more than it is.

Next time this sort of thing happens at UND, and it will happen, I'll be sure to save all of these posts so you guys can read them.

We wouldn't want any inconsistencies to be a scar on the face of your integrity at UND.

I'll point it out again:

Jemison was about to be charged with a class A misdemeanor and is gone.

These eight are about to be charged with a class A misdemeanor and yet are still there.

That discrepancy begs the question: Why? What's behind the curtain to cause the difference?

The NCAA loves looking behind curtains. Feel fortunate when it's not your curtain.

It could be that most of these guys are starters and they play an FBS team this weekend...just sayin.

• Upvote 1

There is no conspiracy here. Shamen was a non-factor at the time of his trouble. Garret was young and yes had potential, but it isn't as though he was a major contributor yet, so it would have been easy to give him a bigger suspension without hurting the team. Not sure about the facts on the other two examples.

Coach Bohl has been as consistent as the offenses players have committed have allowed him to be. You all are making this so much more than it is.

Next time this sort of thing happens at UND, and it will happen, I'll be sure to save all of these posts so you guys can read them.

We wouldn't want any inconsistencies to be a scar on the face of your integrity at UND.

Please do. And we'll be sure to save all the posts of finger pointing at UND, not putting any of this responsibility on the players, going back 2+ years to find examples of something happening at UND similar to this and the comments by your coach and AD that this isn't that big of a deal. Instead of worrying about how UND would handle this, if I was a former ndsu player such as yourself, I would worry about my program and the players on my team.

Also, when a UND player gets in trouble again, and we all know it will happen. You don't have to worry about saving anything because there will be 15 threads started about it on Bisonville. Just like this story, it always has something to do with UND.

Edit: Also Shamen was still a starter, Johnson was still a stud and this was prior to Best Buy and the details on the others are accurate but maybe this was the one time Bohl wasn't consistent with his punishments.

Please do. And we'll be sure to save all the posts of finger pointing at UND, not putting any of this responsibility on the players, going back 2+ years to find examples of something happening at UND similar to this and the comments by your coach and AD that this isn't that big of a deal. Instead of worrying about how UND would handle this, if I was a former ndsu player such as yourself, I would worry about my program and the players on my team.

Also, when a UND player gets in trouble again, and we all know it will happen. You don't have to worry about saving anything because there will be 15 threads started about it on Bisonville. Just like this story, it always has something to do with UND.

Edit: Also Shamen was still a starter, Johnson was still a stud and this was prior to Best Buy and the details on the others are accurate but maybe this was the one time Bohl wasn't consistent with his punishments.

Who is pointing fingers at UND? Have you even read any my posts? Or as usual are any Bison comments on this board all lumped together and attributed to us all? I have said all morning the guilty players WILL be suspended, mark my words. Then what will you have to say? He should have suspended them earlier?

You can remember it differently if you like, but Shamen wasn't much of a factor after his knee surgery and most if not all of his trouble came post knee surgery.

You are too busy peering down on NDSU from your ivory tower to see reality. The only reason I am here talking about this is to point out inaccuracies and to defend my favorite team. Doesn't mean this has anything to do with UND.

Edit: And I wouldn't be throwing stones at Bisonville if I were you, as evidenced by this thread, UND fans enjoy starting and posting in threads about NDSU and their shortcomings.

Hey, listen...

We aren't pointing and laughing at your situation. We know UND has had and will have our own problems in the future to deal with.

We are simply disagreeing with how it has been handled and the inconsistencies that come along with it. We are also pointing out the potential ramifications of worst-case scenarios.

We would hope UND would handle it differently is all.

But that's just us...

• Upvote 1

The problem you have with coach Bohl and your AD is, they put winning a football game ahead of shaping young men into respectable adults. You fail to remember that our AD suspended Hak for flipping off the refs for TWO games. Was that worthy of a two game suspension? No, but it set an example to everyone else that no one is above the TEAM or UNIVERSITY!

The only reason I am here talking about this is to point out inaccuracies and to defend my favorite team. Doesn't mean this has anything to do with UND.

Defending 'su here must be like pissing in the wind ... but whatever gets you through the day.

Who is pointing fingers at UND? Have you even read any my posts? Or as usual are any Bison comments on this board all lumped together and attributed to us all? I have said all morning the guilty players WILL be suspended, mark my words. Then what will you have to say? He should have suspended them earlier?

You can remember it differently if you like, but Shamen wasn't much of a factor after his knee surgery and most if not all of his trouble came post knee surgery.

You are too busy peering down on NDSU from your ivory tower to see reality. The only reason I am here talking about this is to point out inaccuracies and to defend my favorite team. Doesn't mean this has anything to do with UND.

Have you spent any time on your own fan board or have you been too busy here to read the posts by some about this being UND fault or those dragging UND past into the conversation? Regarding suspensions, I'll wait unil they actually happen before I gve you a high five and tell you that you were right. If I were a betting man it either won't be this year or in a game that matters.

Have you spent any time on your own fan board or have you been too busy here to read the posts by some about this being UND fault or those dragging UND past into the conversation? Regarding suspensions, I'll wait unil they actually happen before I gve you a high five and tell you that you were right. If I were a betting man it either won't be this year or in a game that matters.

Required information for reading on Bisonville, when something is posted in purple, it is meant to be sarcastic.

Not to mention the NC$$'s track record of making examples of smaller schools, e.g,, Cal Tech, for seemingly "minor" issues.*

*LOIC

LOIC?

Now, that wouldn't happen to be the NCAA's four most-favorite-est words in the world, would it?

Loss of Institutional Control.