SiouxSports.com Forum

Eight Bison football players charged

darell1976

And you are assuming like a complete idiot that they won't be punished! Just cause something isn't done immediately after the news hit the public doesn't mean nothing is going to happen. I guess some people would rather some rash immediate action taken....I'm not one of them. I'd like to wait until we know more, and then punish each player accordingly.

I think Bohl should of suspended them for saturdays game just to cool things down. Get ahead of this thing before it can possibly snowball. Just my 2 cents.

Ralph was already in the thread before I stopped by.......Dude.....you gotta read the thread. As for the Bison FB players......you never heard me defend what they did. Hell, I was pretty critical of it over on Bisonville. Better than "Rapegate" up in the Zoo, but still.....a black mark on my FB team.

Your prolonging the discussion about RE gives credence to the point a 20 year old dipshit attempted to make.

unlike these 8 players he was punished (by a fine and placed under probation from the Nevada gaming commission)....once again, spin it anyway you want to.

And these 8 players will be punished with a fine and probation if they are convicted. Did Ralph get suspended from Attending one or two of his Nazi parties in additon to his fine and probation?

Hakstol finally suspended his star player for one game of a series after a second arrest in the same year for getting in a fight in an elevator. I don't think UND coaches have a corner on the disciplne market. One game out of 40 or 50 is not real harsh.

And these 8 players will be punished with a fine and probation if they are convicted. Did Ralph get suspended from Attending one or two of his Nazi parties in additon to his fine and probation?

Hakstol finally suspended his star player for one game of a series after a second arrest in the same year for getting in a fight in an elevator. I don't think UND coaches have a corner on the disciplne market. One game out of 40 or 50 is not real harsh.

Good gawd you need to brush up on your cliff notes.

• Upvote 2

And you are assuming like a complete idiot that they won't be punished! Just cause something isn't done immediately after the news hit the public doesn't mean nothing is going to happen. I guess some people would rather some rash immediate action taken....I'm not one of them. I'd like to wait until we know more, and then punish each player accordingly.

And you are assuming a punishment is going to happen. Bohl has set his precedent in the past that a DUI for a contributing player is only a one game suspension (removal from the team if its a backup who will never see the field but according to Bison06 he has always been very consistent with his punishments). By your own admission a DUI is much worse than this so why are you so sure a punishment is going to happen? I wouldn't be so quick to call anyone an idiot right now cause I don't see anything happening during this season and if you feel a punishment during spring ball is sending a strong enough message to 4 players who are already starting this year than I question who is the idiot.

• Upvote 1

i dont ever recall a sioux player getting in a fight in an elevator...

it seems to me that its pretty cut and dry...they forged names on a petition, how much more information do you need?

Your prolonging the discussion about RE gives credence to the point a 20 year old dipshit attempted to make.

The only reason I brought him into it was because someone said UND would never allow someone to be above the University. I pointed out that Herr Engelstad was allowed to at one time.

I have stuck to the belief that these guys will get some suspensions if(when) they are found guilty or get their deal settled. Not worth trashing NDSU for specifically saying they want to see what happens with this before they make a decision on the players.

The only reason I brought him into it was because someone said UND would never allow someone to be above the University. I pointed out that Herr Engelstad was allowed to at one time.

I have stuck to the belief that these guys will get some suspensions if(when) they are found guilty or get their deal settled. Not worth trashing NDSU for specifically saying they want to see what happens with this before they make a decision on the players.

They like to take the wait and see for starting players. Backups coming off of hip surgery its ok to take the guilty until proven innocent approach.

• Upvote 1

How was he above the University? The story about the arena being imploded was a myth. Did any professors get fired after Engelstad said that they should be since they worked for the institution that were known as the Fighting Sioux and were picketing against the organization.

They like to take the wait and see for starting players. Backups coming off of hip surgery its ok to take the guilty until proven innocent approach.

Justin Howard was set to start last season, or at the very least be a major contributor, and he was given the boot. Say what you want about Bohl, or Taylor, whatever makes you feel better. Fact of the matter is, things should be treated situation by situation. I want these kids to be punished the way they should be. I, nor does anyone here, know what really is the deal with these players. I hope it isn't as bad as it sounds, but if it is, like I have said, the only one who should possibly get booted, is Ojuri. The rest merit suspensions(based on info available now) of 1-3 games.

How was he above the University? The story about the arena being imploded was a myth. Did any professors get fired after Engelstad said that they should be since they worked for the institution that were known as the Fighting Sioux and were picketing against the organization.

There was a legitimate shot from what everyone was told (and possibly evidenced by the amount of logos put in the arena) that he was not OK with UND changing nicknames. It isn't overly relevant but it can be said that he, and the arena he built, probably was a contributing factor in the nickname fight. Like I said, UND has shown that people can be above a university. Every school has some questionable moments as far as athletes go. As much as no school worth anything wants to admit it, athletes tend to be a bit above the law. That includes UND, NDSU, Notre Dame, USC, SEC schools.

Accept it. You don't have to like it, but thats how it is.

Justin Howard was set to start last season, or at the very least be a major contributor, and he was given the boot. Say what you want about Bohl, or Taylor, whatever makes you feel better. Fact of the matter is, things should be treated situation by situation. I want these kids to be punished the way they should be. I, nor does anyone here, know what really is the deal with these players. I hope it isn't as bad as it sounds, but if it is, like I have said, the only one who should possibly get booted, is Ojuri. The rest merit suspensions(based on info available now) of 1-3 games.

There was a legitimate shot from what everyone was told (and possibly evidenced by the amount of logos put in the arena) that he was not OK with UND changing nicknames. It isn't overly relevant but it can be said that he, and the arena he built, probably was a contributing factor in the nickname fight. Like I said, UND has shown that people can be above a university. Every school has some questionable moments as far as athletes go. As much as no school worth anything wants to admit it, athletes tend to be a bit above the law. That includes UND, NDSU, Notre Dame, USC, SEC schools.

Accept it. You don't have to like it, but thats how it is.

But that's your evidence, that he liked the nickname and logo and put it in the arena. If that is the case then I am above the university too, as well as the majority of the fanbase.

But that's your evidence, that he liked the nickname and logo and put it in the arena. If that is the case then I am above the university too, as well as the majority of the fanbase.

I'm trying to think of reasons that their football program always has players getting arrested for various crimes?

Maybe the weight room in the jail facility in Fargo is better than the one on campus?

Found it interesting that the Ed/Op commentary in the Fargo Forum today called out GT, and to some extent Bohl, for the double standard set by their dismissal of Jemison and the non-action to date against those involved in the voting fraud scenerio. The Forum's Ed/Op resolution to this double standard...bring Jemison back to team! :huh::hypocrite:

Somewhere Rocky is beaming!

• Upvote 3

Why is there 14 pages on this board discussing NDSU football?

Officially - It's because of the thread title and its relevence to the State of North Dakota.

Personally - I love reading about idiot bison football players and their never-ending shenanigans. Better yet is watching the SU administration getting heat for inconsistent disciplinary policy (something you have to be careful of when you have multiple unlawful episodes in the same season). A definite bonus is that it is the Fargo media outlets being the first ones to bring out the torches and pitchforks. And the frosting on the cake is that it made the NCAA website and other national media.

Perhaps others feel the same way as I - hence the 14... err... 15 pages on this thread.

Misery for the NDSU football squad brings me joy.

Pass the popcorn - this show's far from over.

• Upvote 2

Found it interesting that the Ed/Op commentary in the Fargo Forum today called out GT, and to some extent Bohl, for the double standard set by their dismissal of Jemison and the non-action to date against those involved in the voting fraud scenerio. The Forum's Ed/Op resolution to this double standard...bring Jemison back to team! :huh::hypocrite:

Somewhere Rocky is beaming!

I find it interesting that a couple years ago Gene Taylor was front and center about the concern with all the player problems and at that time Bohl was under a lot of scrutiny by him. Funny, they weren't doing quite as well on the field at the time. Now, when disciplinary problems are cropping up again, Gene Taylor says he likes the way Bohl is handling things. Quite the change in philosophy, which just happens to coincide with a huge upswing in the programs winning on the field. That philosophy is how the USC's and Penn States of the world get started -- everything is fine if you're winning, but if not, then the discipline will roll.

That arena belongs to UND for all intents and purposes. And if they didn't cave to his demands, he wasn't going to give it to them. So don't go pretending that UND hasn't or wouldn't do some questionable things.

UND not retiring the Sioux name in 2000 is considered doing some questionable things?? There was no NCAA policy at the time. The alumni (nearly all of them, not just Engelstad) never would've allowed it.

Your attempting (poorly I might add) to compare keeping an historic sports nickname to keeping a bunch of criminals who attempted to defraud the state of North Dakota.

• Upvote 2

Here is what I am wondering...if people know a suspension is on the horizon why not suspend now (CSU) and not later (playoffs). What is more important? Also I saw a news story on this last night on KVLY and they interviewed Bison fans in Fargo and they want to see those kids suspended. If the fans want them suspended that should say something and I know Bohl and Taylor is going to get a lot of flack if they lose these players deep into the season or in the playoffs.

UND not retiring the Sioux name in 2000 is considered doing some questionable things?? There was no NCAA policy at the time. The alumni (nearly all of them, not just Engelstad) never would've allowed it.

Your attempting (poorly I might add) to compare keeping an historic sports nickname to keeping a bunch of criminals who attempted to defraud the state of North Dakota.

As I recall we had a verbal agreement with Spirit Lake at that time.