SiouxSports.com Forum

Eight Bison football players charged

darell1976

links please

Engelstad had held parties in the resort's secret multimillion-dollar Nazi memorabilia room allegedly to observe Adolf Hitler's birthdays in 1986 and 1988. Engelstad later denounced Hitler, apologized for his error in judgement and emptied the room of nazi memorabilia.

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2002/nov/27/imperial-palace-owner-engelstad-dies/

Englestad was a damn flake. I am surprised you guys still defend that moron.

Engelstad had held parties in the resort's secret multimillion-dollar Nazi memorabilia room allegedly to observe Adolf Hitler's birthdays in 1986 and 1988. Engelstad later denounced Hitler, apologized for his error in judgement and emptied the room of nazi memorabilia.

http://www.lasvegass...engelstad-dies/

At no point did I defend his actions - what you posted is what I have read.... I have never read anything about "For those who say he was cleared of befriending the neo-Nazis that was only in relation to the skinhead neo-Nazis that were counter protesting the Jewish Defense league who were picketing in front of the Imperial Pit." It appears that he has more information that I am interested in reading.

Little jumpy today..

We think the same about Joe Chapman.

Really......Is that all you have? What some ex-sioux alumni did after he left college (besides becoming a millionaire). The topic is about student-athletes and or administration, not some old man. Like I said earlier, you Bison fans are in Denial and now you are on the "anger" part and hopefully tomorrow you will be on the bargaining stage.

Again, this is about 8 bison players, why is the Ralph being discussed?

he is being discussed because some bison faithful are trying to divert the topic away from themselves. maybe if they just man up and take responsibility for there team they can move on.

• Upvote 1

And Johnny boy plays the Bisonville trump card - but but but Hockey and Ralph - classic.

I'm saying some on here are pretending that NDSU is putting some people above the university. I simply mentioned that Ralph Engelstad held UND hostage in response to a school putting someone above the University and teams. so it is a bit "pot meet kettle" if you were going to go down that road. I never mentioned the hockey team, you did. ;)

I think that most of the NDSU folks on here have expressed sadness that this is happening, and that it is being blown out of proportion. Also, some have pointed out that some folks on here are awful quick to begin trashing NDSU/Bohl/Taylor when UND has had moments of less than perfect behavior as well.

Really......Is that all you have? What some ex-sioux alumni did after he left college (besides becoming a millionaire). The topic is about student-athletes and or administration, not some old man. Like I said earlier, you Bison fans are in Denial and now you are on the "anger" part and hopefully tomorrow you will be on the bargaining stage.

Hey......he was a flake. but.....he gave you a !@#$ pot of money and held the school hostage for a pretty good period of time over the nickname. Why get testy about it? Just admit it and enjoy the hockey arena. WTF........so what if the guy was strange.

• Upvote 1

Hey......he was a flake. but.....he gave you a !@#$ pot of money and held the school hostage for a pretty good period of time over the nickname. Why get testy about it? Just admit it and enjoy the hockey arena. WTF........so what if the guy was strange.

remember, the arena is not owned by the university.

I'm saying some on here are pretending that NDSU is putting some people above the university. I simply mentioned that Ralph Engelstad held UND hostage in response to a school putting someone above the University and teams. so it is a bit "pot meet kettle" if you were going to go down that road. I never mentioned the hockey team, you did. ;)

I think that most of the NDSU folks on here have expressed sadness that this is happening, and that it is being blown out of proportion. Also, some have pointed out that some folks on here are awful quick to begin trashing NDSU/Bohl/Taylor when UND has had moments of less than perfect behavior as well.

i think the real problem is that NDSU/Bohl/Taylor knew about this a few weeks ago and decided not to take care of the issue and they continue to not take care of it.

Who the hell cares.....it is a great place for hockey. UND whored themselves a good bit for it, but now when the controversy on the nickname is dead......probably worth it. It is a little like whether or not you would bang the fat girl for $50,000. Hell.....$50,000......I would sure give it some thought.

• Upvote 1

Who the hell cares.....it is a great place for hockey. UND whored themselves a good bit for it, but now when the controversy on the nickname is dead......probably worth it. It is a little like whether or not you would bang the fat girl for $50,000. Hell.....$50,000......I would sure give it some thought.

"who the hell cares"? obviously you do because you sit and bring him up.

did ralph break any laws? didnt think so...now run along

And Johnny boy plays the Bisonville trump card - but but but Hockey and Ralph - classic.

Another strawman argument.

I expect them to trot out the Fargo vs. Grand Forks card any minute ... fans of the Blundering Turd can be pretty reliable.

• Upvote 1

That arena belongs to UND for all intents and purposes. And if they didn't cave to his demands, he wasn't going to give it to them. So don't go pretending that UND hasn't or wouldn't do some questionable things. Like WYO said, it's like getting paid to nail the fatty. Worth considering....

i think the real problem is that NDSU/Bohl/Taylor knew about this a few weeks ago and decided not to take care of the issue and they continue to not take care of it.

Have you heard of handling things internally? Or waiting for the courts to do their thing considering the nature of what they did. You guys, just like some folks in the media, are calling for people's heads to roll over something like this? You could always just wait and see what other details to come out before you start throwing a fit.

Just like these 8 players, he was investigated.

1+ that...

That arena belongs to UND for all intents and purposes. And if they didn't cave to his demands, he wasn't going to give it to them. So don't go pretending that UND hasn't or wouldn't do some questionable things. Like WYO said, it's like getting paid to nail the fatty. Worth considering....

Have you heard of handling things internally? Or waiting for the courts to do their thing considering the nature of what they did. You guys, just like some folks in the media, are calling for people's heads to roll over something like this? You could always just wait and see what other details to come out before you start throwing a fit.

Just like these 8 players, he was investigated.

unlike these 8 players he was punished (by a fine and placed under probation from the Nevada gaming commission)....once again, spin it anyway you want to.

Ralph was already in the thread before I stopped by.......Dude.....you gotta read the thread. As for the Bison FB players......you never heard me defend what they did. Hell, I was pretty critical of it over on Bisonville. Better than "Rapegate" up in the Zoo, but still.....a black mark on my FB team.

unlike these 8 players he was punished (by a fine and placed under probation from the Nevada gaming commission)....once again, spin it anyway you want to.

And you are assuming like a complete idiot that they won't be punished! Just cause something isn't done immediately after the news hit the public doesn't mean nothing is going to happen. I guess some people would rather some rash immediate action taken....I'm not one of them. I'd like to wait until we know more, and then punish each player accordingly.

And you are assuming like a complete idiot that they won't be punished! Just cause something isn't done immediately after the news hit the public doesn't mean nothing is going to happen. I guess some people would rather some rash immediate action taken....I'm not one of them. I'd like to wait until we know more, and then punish each player accordingly.

Ideally that could be the case. However, your proposed course of action damages the image of your program, fair or not it makes program leadership look dawdling and ultimately insensitive to how serious some folks take the electoral process. Many are folks that used to wear a uniform with a flag on it.