SiouxSports.com Forum

Where to eat in Grand Forks.

sioux34

Burger Time definitely delivers. I don't remember Hamburger Heaven. But, and this is going back a ways, who remembers the "Auto Dine" on Gateway? I think there was a 25% chance of food poisoning and vomiting all over Dad's car on the way home. Good times.

taz also misses River Bend EGF

I don't remember Auto Dine, but the place I missed on Gateway was A&W!!!!

Burger Time definitely delivers. I don't remember Hamburger Heaven. But, and this is going back a ways, who remembers the "Auto Dine" on Gateway? I think there was a 25% chance of food poisoning and vomiting all over Dad's car on the way home. Good times.

I loved the River Bend. I remember the Auto Dine, but didn't frequent the place. How about Phils and Lils across from Mexican Village? I didn't eat there, but it was near our house.

I loved the River Bend. I remember the Auto Dine, but didn't frequent the place. How about Phils and Lils across from Mexican Village? I didn't eat there, but it was near our house.

Moose ate there every morning. Anyone who went to the old South Jr. or Elks Pool years ago will know who Moose is. We were closer to King Leos and Henrys than Auto Dine, can't believe you did not mention them. As for the A&W that was the best one anywhere. I can not think of it but where the heck did the building that had Burger Heaven get moved to? I remember it getting moved and where it was moved to at one time but now I can't remember where. HELP?

That's right, we used to get a lot of burgers from Henry's, which was torn down to become Sambo's, which is not Gramma Butterwicks.

Couple of places I liked downtown... Golden Hour and Pancake House.

Pancake House rocked! What the heck was it between Sambos and Gramma Butterwicks? I remember King Leos closed between 7th and 8th grade. Remember Taco Time?

That's right, we used to get a lot of burgers from Henry's, which was torn down to become Sambo's, which is not Gramma Butterwicks.

Couple of places I liked downtown... Golden Hour and Pancake House.

Sambos! I was a member of their birthday club. And I vaguely remember Phils and Lils, or "Filthy Lils", but not sure I ate there.

One of our family favorites was Shakey's with the player piano and the old silent moves, back when they were located in that strip mall. I'd watch those guys in the styrofoam skimmer hats roll dough and load it with pepperoni goodness.

I miss Grand Forks.

Sambos! I was a member of their birthday club. And I vaguely remember Phils and Lils, or "Filthy Lils", but not sure I ate there.

One of our family favorites was Shakey's with the player piano and the old silent moves, back when they were located in that strip mall. I'd watch those guys in the styrofoam skimmer hats roll dough and load it with pepperoni goodness.

I miss Grand Forks.

Forget the pizza at Shakeys. MoJo potatos at Shakeys. Their pizza was really good. They were still good even after they moved. Gee and what type of oven did they have?

I miss Grand Forks.

Yup, Shakey's (in the strip mall on S. Washington) is where my wife and I had our first date back in September of 1970, married in June of 1971 and just celebrated our 41st last month. Is Shakey's out of business everywhere now, does anyone know?

Okay - Jacoby's for a monster burger- you gotta be up there in age to remember that place. But the original question was where to bring the kids while in Grand Forks - I nominate Space Alients.

Yup, Shakey's (in the strip mall on S. Washington) is where my wife and I had our first date back in September of 1970, married in June of 1971 and just celebrated our 41st last month. Is Shakey's out of business everywhere now, does anyone know?

http://www.shakeys.com/Locations/Default.aspx

Spokane, WA has one so if I go to the UND-EWU game I will have a take a little drive over to Shakey's

Okay - Jacoby's for a monster burger- you gotta be up there in age to remember that place. But the original question was where to bring the kids while in Grand Forks - I nominate Space Alients.

For the kids, Happy Joes is fun, and the Canad has the arcade and pizza place all in the same place, they will enjoy it there for sure.

I have personally never had a bad meal at The Blue Moose in Grand Forks. Great menu, very good service and it's a fun atmosphere on a Sioux Gamenight.

Green Mill is also a good place to get some apps and a beer before/after a game. Someone needs to re-open Suite 49.

I have personally never had a bad meal at The Blue Moose in Grand Forks. Great menu, very good service and it's a fun atmosphere on a Sioux Gamenight.

Green Mill is also a good place to get some apps and a beer before/after a game. Someone needs to re-open Suite 49.

Best thing about the Blue Moose is Dave and Mary Gail.

To report back on my recent trip to GF. We ate at Whiteys (could not pass it up for old times sake, but won't need to go back any time soon). I was disapointed with the change to the menu. On a better note, we ate at Wild Hogs. It was very good. The portions were large, the smoked meat was tasty and the sauces complimented the smoke nicely.

Since we are remembering good burger places that no longer exist, I will throw out The Riverside Drive In. It was near the point bridge in EGF. It was the best burger in the metro area in my opinion.

To report back on my recent trip to GF. We ate at Whiteys (could not pass it up for old times sake, but won't need to go back any time soon). I was disapointed with the change to the menu. On a better note, we ate at Wild Hogs. It was very good. The portions were large, the smoked meat was tasty and the sauces complimented the smoke nicely.

Since we are remembering good burger places that no longer exist, I will throw out The Riverside Drive In. It was near the point bridge in EGF. It was the best burger in the metro area in my opinion.

Where is Wild Hogs??