SiouxSports.com Forum

2012-13 Season

geaux_sioux

• 2 weeks later...

From the Champions Club facebook

Just got a phone call from the University of Denver to set aside blocks of seats for our alums for the February men's hockey series because we "have the best turnout" they've ever seen. Greatest fans in college hockey once again. Thank you Champions Club and UND supporters!

• 3 weeks later...

https://twitter.com/...886983093669888

#FlaPanthers prospect and North Dakota F Rocco Grimaldi no longer listed on the U.S. WJC camp roster. He underwent knee surgery last season.

He is still recovering from his surgery last season. He is probably just recovering slowly. He missed the Panthers summer camp too. He has been skating but no contact (I believe). Lets cross our fingers that he'll be ok by October. I wouldn't start worrying too much just yet.

https://twitter.com/...886983093669888

#FlaPanthers prospect and North Dakota F Rocco Grimaldi no longer listed on the U.S. WJC camp roster. He underwent knee surgery last season.

This news initially came out a few weeks ago around the same time that Rocco skipped the Florida Panthers Development camp. At the time, Florida's GM said that Rocco wasn't participating in camp due to college issues*, not because of his knee. *No clue what those college issues would be since Rocco was (and as far as I know still is) in California.

Also, in mid-June Rocco tweeted that he was at the rink skating so it sounds like his recovery is going well. It would be nice to get an update though.

This news initially came out a few weeks ago around the same time that Rocco skipped the Florida Panthers Development camp. At the time, Florida's GM said that Rocco wasn't participating in camp due to college issues*, not because of his knee. *No clue what those college issues would be since Rocco was (and as far as I know still is) in California.

Also, in mid-June Rocco tweeted that he was at the rink skating so it sounds like his recovery is going well. It would be nice to get an update though.

If you go back and listen to the podcast on this blog post you will hear that Brian Skrudland basically said that Roco was on time to return next season. There is a link to the podcast in question at the bottom of the post.

Edited by Goon

Per Schlossman:

There has been some preliminary dialogue between UND and Minot State about playing an exhibition game in Minot this year as a fundraiser for the city, which was badly damaged by a major flood last summer.

The game would be played over Christmas break, if it happens. Dec. 28 or 29 would make the most sense.

As I said, at this point, I haven’t heard anything to indicate that this is a done deal. So, I don’t want to get hopes too high quite yet for fans out in the Western part of the state. But the idea has at least been floated out there.

Minot State plays ACHA Division I (same as Penn State this season). The UND men’s basketball team played an exhibition at Minot State last year as a fundraiser.

Link: http://undhockey.are...es.com/?p=91350

As a resident of Minot, this would absolutely be great for the town as well as for western part of the state in general if this happened. Minot is 95% UND fans(and I'm being generous towards the so-called NDSU contingent here :lol:). You have to wonder if Mr. Reggie Morelli is involved in trying to make this happen.

Per Schlossman:

Link: http://undhockey.are...es.com/?p=91350

As a resident of Minot, this would absolutely be great for the town as well as for western part of the state in general if this happened. Minot is 95% UND fans(and I'm being generous towards the so-called NDSU contingent here :lol:). You have to wonder if Mr. Reggie Morelli is involved in trying to make this happen.

Could not agree with your more. I was born and raised in Minot, played my high school hockey in Minot, and went to Minot State for a year before transferring to UND. It would raise so much money for the city, and great to see the Sioux play in my hometown. I would buy tickets to the event in a heartbeat.