SiouxSports.com Forum

2012-13 Season

geaux_sioux

He (Rowney) miight be top 6, but he's The number 3 center. That, and I'd rather have 3 scoring lines than two.

I mean, you could move Rowney to Wing on the first line and have Rocco center Parks and MacMillan and rock two sick scoring lines, then have a third line with potential ala ODonnell, Rodwell and someone else ...I dunno, too many question marks

I think Rowney really needs to work on his faceoffs this offseason. That was a glaring weekeness of his game and if you are going to play top 2 line Center on a puck possession team like UND that has to improve....doesn't need to be like Corban Knight and win or at least muck up almost every draw, but definitely needs to be better.

Sounds like Kristo put on quite the show at Montreal's prospect camp scrimmage today. He was named 1st star of the game, and by all accounts was far and away the best player in the game which included several prospects with extended NHL time.

Sounds like Kristo put on quite the show at Montreal's prospect camp scrimmage today. He was named 1st star of the game, and by all accounts was far and away the best player in the game which included several prospects with extended NHL time.

Something like that wouldn't cause Montreal to try to change Kristo's mind, would it?

Something like that wouldn't cause Montreal to try to change Kristo's mind, would it?

I wouldn't think so. Going in I totally expected him to be one of the top players there, I'm sure Montreal's management did as well.

I have heard nothing from any rumor mill but seems likely that Dell will not be back another year. When Kristo and others were talking about coming back you think he would have made a decision at that point in time, but was likely waiting for some kind of an offer.

You don't think he has AHL potential? I think he could get an AHL job- although that would probably only be $800 per week too.

No frickin way will he get an AHL job as a free agent. He would be lucky to get an AHL job even if he was drafted. He is not that good of a goalie.

No frickin way will he get an AHL job as a free agent. He would be lucky to get an AHL job even if he was drafted. He is not that good of a goalie.

I don't think there is anyway he leaves for anything less than an AHL job.

At this point, would Dell be better coming back and try to raise his value with an great year, or is it just a wait and see how things shake out in July.

I do think he could be a quality AHL goalie now, but I see him going to a four letter league next year as the highest probability, at least to start.

Well, I actually agree with you that he is not that good of a goalie. However, I believe he will get a job as an AHL goalie. Dell has good size and his positioning is the reason he has made it this far. His biggest, glaring weakness is his rebound control....it is beyond terrible. I have actually seen good Bantam goalies here in the Cities have better rebound control than him. One of the reasons he didn't get lit up more while he was here was due to the outstanding dmen UND has produced. Now in saying that, I wish him the best and hope that, if he signs, the team has a good goalie coach and can really focus this summer on that one aspect. Another one of his issues is that he gets shelved to much.....but it is minor in comparison to his rebound control. If he does solve that, I believe he has a great shot at a decent professional career. If he doesn't he'll end up in the CHL (US). If I were him, I would come back for one more year of work in college. But from me, let's role with Gothberg, he is much better right now.

• Upvote 1