SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs Denver - Championship Action

bcblues

True but that was one game. Out of the 3 they played and 3 Dell played.

Ohh absolutely Dell. But I think the kind of performance he had in his only appearance deserved a bit of recognition. No reason why they can't have more than one goalie on the all tournament team IMHO.

It looks like Chambers has tweeted this:

"DU's Jason Zucker injured in third period, en route to local hospital for tests. @CoachGwoz said he doesn't know how serious"

In watching the play, I think it was the fact that he was stepped on by his own player that may have injured him and not the hit.

I could be wrong, just another point of view.

In watching the play, I think it was the fact that he was stepped on by his own player that may have injured him and not the hit.

Knowing Chambers he will probably blame Brad Malone...:)

This team is something special. Their accomplishments this year are far beyond expectations. No matter what happens from here on out, this has been a great ride.

Oh - And the jerk comments from Gopher fans continued today and tonight after the game.

He tried to check Kristo and his skate got caught along the wall ... looked like his ankle/knee may have taken the twist.

As Zucker was falling to the ice (after the collision with Kristo), his left arm got twisted behind his back in a very unnatural fashion, which he then landed on. He was clutching his arm as he went to the bench...my best guess would be wrist or elbow. But at the angle it went, with the force he would have landed with, I would not be the least bit surprised if he broke a bone.

The FSN director's cut spent about 10 minutes with one of the replay feeds trying to figure out what had happened to Zucker, so I watched this hit/fall about 20-30 times. As soon as I could figure out where he got hurt (I also originally suspected it was his own player falling on him), I didn't expect to see him back for the remainder of the game.

This team is something special. Their accomplishments this year are far beyond expectations. No matter what happens from here on out, this has been a great ride.
Probably the least talented Sioux team top to bottom in years, but don't remember a UND team in 25 years with as much character. IMO that starts with two guys...Hak and Mario. This team is rolling now. I expect them to play well in the regional. Frozen 4 or not, this has been probably my most enjoyable and memorable season as a Sioux fan in a long, long time.
  • Upvote 3

Let's win this game tonight, hoist the trophy then look forward to the #1 seed next weekend back at the X with an opportunity to potentially end the Goph's season on the way to the Frozen 4!

One part of this equation down...now to wait until 11 am to find out about the latter part.

Probably the least talented Sioux team top to bottom in years, but don't remember a UND team in 25 years with as much character. IMO that starts with two guys...Hak and Mario. This team is rolling now. I expect them to play well in the regional. Frozen 4 or not, this has been probably my most enjoyable and memorable season as a Sioux fan in a long, long time.

Totally agree. Can't remember a year like this. They taught me a valuable lesson. Never give up on a Sioux team. Never. I admit I did friday night and that won't happen again. Proud as hell to be a Fighting Sioux fan,especially this season. Whatever they do from here on out is gravy in my book.

Completely agree. Whatever happens from here on out you can't ever forget this team. They will forever have a place in my heart as one of the hardest working hockey teams I've ever seen at any level. There will never be a team to make the NCAA postseason tournament again that can't fill up a roster sheet going into an NCAA tournament game. Three and a half lines......walk ons.....Freshman playing huge rolls......injuries.

Gosh I love the Fighting Sioux.

Just was on HF site for islanders and they claim nelson is going to sign right away. Contract is laready in place just need the ink on it according to a reputeable poster on the islander site.

I'm not bashing Nelson or saying he shouldn't sign I just don't think he will.While I know Nelson is a good player and has great statistics he still has some things to work on. Nelson will still need to put on some muscle before he is NHL ready and a lot of the opportunities he gets come because of Kristos play and teams focusing on Kristo. I really like Nelson as a player and person and have seen him play since high school since we were in the same section. I believe Nelson really loves the University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux and has a lot of pride for the program and just don't see him wanting to leave that behind.

I'm not bashing Nelson or saying he shouldn't sign I just don't think he will.While I know Nelson is a good player and has great statistics he still has some things to work on. Nelson will still need to put on some muscle before he is NHL ready and a lot of the opportunities he gets come because of Kristos play and teams focusing on Kristo. I really like Nelson as a player and person and have seen him play since high school since we were in the same section. I believe Nelson really loves the University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux and has a lot of pride for the program and just don't see him wanting to leave that behind.

Put 20+ pounds on him and you've got yourself a monster. Right now he is a bit frail.

Anyone else find it odd during the pre-game that Patterson from Minnesota didn't show up to accept his league goaltending award? It's not like he had far to travel.

All the award winners seemed to get a nice applause from the mostly-Sioux crowd.

Garth Snow has never been a "fan" of NCAA development. That is the only thing that scares me. I agree that Nelson is NHL talent and I agree that he definitely needs to spend another summer working out and putting on some muscle before he's able to go into the corners and prime scoring real estate against men like Chara and Phaneuf. Isles, despite the anti-NCAA bias have to be pleased with his development i.e. a 20 goal improvement.

Only reason Frattin has been up in the NHL for most of the year is because of his physical strength...hopefully Brock is aware of that...although, Brock is a first rounder...

Kristo also could use another year of strength training, although given his potential free agent status if not signed by the Habs, I have a feeling that he will cash in.

I'd love to have them both back...