SiouxSports.com Forum

New Jerseys

sioux24/7

Just a matter of personal opinion; I'm not a fan of their uniforms. In addition, I would like the athletic department to be homogeneous in terms of their supplier. Currently, Nike provides uniforms for all men's athletic teams with the exception being hockey.

Adidas does offer the largest competitive advantage though with the lightest shoes out and the best fitting uniforms for less to grab on to. Either way the football team is going to be upgrading and I think it'll be a great thing especially for recruiting and team moral.

I think the black helps to alleviate some of the trouble of matching greens on the helmets and jerseys. Also, I noticed on 'Through These Doors' the hockey team pretty much all said they like their blacks best. I know football players have wanted black jerseys for years.

And back as far as I can remember prior to 2008, black pants on the road were standard (with a few exceptions i.e. GVSU 2005).

Adidas does offer the largest competitive advantage though with the lightest shoes out and the best fitting uniforms for less to grab on to. Either way the football team is going to be upgrading and I think it'll be a great thing especially for recruiting and team moral.

Touché

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I tweeted at the UND Football official account during the Spring Game regarding my distaste for the home Green uniforms and actually received the following response (and a promising one at that):

Joe Laszewski@grittysquirrels

@UNDfootball's away White's are so much better than their home green's its unbelievable. That needs to be adressed. #blackalternates

3:19 PM - 21 Apr 12 via web · Details

21 Apr SPORT_arch_football_2C_normal.jpg NorthDakota Football@UNDfootball

• @grittysquirrels Nothing official yet, but I believe it will be.

3:23 PM - 21 Apr 12 via web · Details

Jerseys should have a baggy fit. Go back and watch some old NFL highlights from the '70s and '80s, they had it figured out back then. These new style tight jerseys with no sleeves look ridiculous.

Better yet. How about we go back to the 50's and wear leather helmets. They had it figured out back then to.

• Upvote 1

Again with the "how it was when I first saw it is how it should always be" stuff? At least you're consistent.

PS - Get rid of your computer and go back to your typewriter from "... the '70s and '80s, they had it figured out back then."

That would make us all happy....

• Upvote 2

Jerseys should have a baggy fit. Go back and watch some old NFL highlights from the '70s and '80s, they had it figured out back then. These new style tight jerseys with no sleeves look ridiculous.

wellllll back when I played we had to drive the ball up hill both ways into a 95mph wind on a gravel field with lead based paint lines while smoking cigarettes without pads or shoes in a blizzard 76 below zero and we had to sew our jerseys ourselves from potato sacks and the ball was really a boulder and there were no fans in there because there were no stands but we didn't want fans there because we played for the love of the game and there was no halftime because we refused a halftime and it was pouring rain and 100 degrees and there were no coaches because we didn't need one because back then we had true leaders on the field wellll it really wasn't so much a field as it was an old land mine training course for tank drivers and we all had polio and the forward pass was illegal because nobody can throw a greased pig very far anyway which is what we used for a ball and wellllll what was I talking about again?

• Upvote 3

People will find anything to argue about! Who cares?! That's the style now....leave it at that. Plus, the students are the ones who have to play in them, not you. Why argue something that is so trivial?

Why argue about it? Because somebody made a comment about some certain jerseys being baggy (as if that was a bad thing). I was sticking up for the baggy jerseys because those are the kind of jerseys that I like. Then of course an argument always must ensue every time I stick up for something that somebody else puts down.

Which usually involves you putting down something that other people like. Ask the majority of current football players which they would prefer, the baggy jerseys of the 70's or the current tight jerseys and almost every single one of them will tell you the current model, especially anyone that has to run with the ball. Which should UND take into account when designing the new jerseys, the opinion of someone who will never play another snap, or the current and potential players in their program?

Which usually involves you putting down something that other people like. Ask the majority of current football players which they would prefer, the baggy jerseys of the 70's or the current tight jerseys and almost every single one of them will tell you the current model, especially anyone that has to run with the ball. Which should UND take into account when designing the new jerseys, the opinion of someone who will never play another snap, or the current and potential players in their program?

LakesDave's opinion is supreme over all, just ask him.
  • Upvote 1