SiouxSports.com Forum

New Jerseys

sioux24/7

That is 100% correct. In fact, the black jerseys are the only ones that I refuse to own one of. I collect green and white Sioux jerseys in as many different styles as possible, but I have no interest in ever owning one of the black ones. I love the use of black as a secondary color, but for my taste there should always always always be more green than black on any Sioux jersey.

PS - Matte football helmets are fugly too. Football helmets should be gloss only.

You show 'em, Dave!

That is 100% correct. In fact, the black jerseys are the only ones that I refuse to own one of. I collect green and white Sioux jerseys in as many different styles as possible, but I have no interest in ever owning one of the black ones. I love the use of black as a secondary color, but for my taste there should always always always be more green than black on any Sioux jersey.

PS - Matte football helmets are fugly too. Football helmets should be gloss only.

Contrarian Dave strikes again. You are in the minority again on this one Dave. I would love to see black football jerseys occasionally, along with a different helmet idea.

• Upvote 2

Oh, for f*ck's sake!!! (facepalm)

Really? That's what you have to say about that... REALLY? (shakes head in disbelief)

You really always have to get the last word in, don't you? Regardless of how meaningless of a comment, or response, you've gotta say something. It can't be healthy to take everything on here so personally.

I think that going with black jerseys or the matte helmets could look cool if done right (as with most things), but I also think that it would help get some more excitement into the program from the younger crowd. The students love seeing the black hockey jerseys at home, and they would love seeing something new with the football team I'm sure. Plus think of the recruiting, recruits see players wearing edgy/cool new jerseys and it's just another thing that could work to help get them here.

• Upvote 2

I do not recall how often I agree or disagree with DaveK and it does not matter, but I too do not want black FB jerseys either, reminds me of the Cinncinnati Bearcats team every time I see even a partial jersey in black. I appreciate the reason for using the black hockey jerseys for special games, but I think a steady diet of them would be ugly. I was given one as a gift and I often wish it was green or white. I do not get to many games in GF so am restricted to watching mostly on HD TV. The green and white contrast is so much nicer with some black accents or piping, to me anyway. I have seen the black BB jerseys on TV and in person on the road and I think they are awful.

Critique this combination. I believe black pants and green jerseys look great together. Keep in mind, one of the most obvious problems the uniforms have had the past couple seasons is the mismatched green between the helmets and jerseys. By adding black helmets to this combination (green jerseys/black pants), I believe UND football would have a very sharp football uniform.

potentialunduniforms.png

Critique this combination. I believe black pants and green jerseys look great together. Keep in mind, one of the most obvious problems the uniforms have had the past couple seasons is the mismatched green between the helmets and jerseys. By adding black helmets to this combination (green jerseys/black pants), I believe UND football would have a very sharp football uniform.

potentialunduniforms.png

not bad, huge improvment from last years jearseys. what site did you make this on?

potentialunduniforms.png

I like!! I agree with your statment about the helmets. Needs to match the jerseys. Going with black helmets with a jersy that looks similar to what you have come up with would be sharp. New conference, new field, new beginnings for UND football. Starting off with a new look would add to the buzz that is already happening for next season!!

• Upvote 2

Because black is not our primary color, green is. I don't like the orange Chicago Bears jerseys, I don't like the black Philadelphia Eagles jerseys, I don't like the red New York Giants jerseys, I don't like the yellow NDSU jerseys, etc...

I have never been a fan of jerseys where a team uses their secondary color as a primary color. It's bad enough that our hockey team has a black jersey, I'd hate to see the football team to copy that faux pas.

I like the NDSU yellow and UND black as much or more than the standard getups.

One of the best uniforms i've seen recently were the black/matt asu uniforms. I really liked those.

My guess is you're probably much younger than I am, but to each his own.

This brings up an important point. This is a university football team yes? Most who attend the university are young, and a major problem at the football games has been lack of attendance and spirit from the students. Perhaps we need some flash to get the students more involved, despite how much older people such as yourself may dislike a non traditional color.

I think grey and green would look pretty good by the way ;)

Is it really a good idea to piss off longtime fans in an attempt to win over a younger crowd? ???

Getting pissed off about the color of a shirt would be about as stupid as getting pissed off about an abstract nickname or cartoonish logo.....................

• Upvote 3

Jerseys.jpg

I'm nomally a fan of green jerseys and black pants at home but with all the talk of grey on here and after seeing pictures of the old jerseys with grey pants and helmets I thought I'd try mixing a little tradition with some new templates and see if I could make something that might keep the traditionalist happy and the players, students, and recruits excited. I can't say I love it and I know grey isn't in any of the current uniforms but . . . thoughts?

potentialunduniforms.png

I like the green stripe on the pants and the white numbers on the black sleeve is sharp. I think they should have their name on the back of the jersey.

Hey, I'd be fine with UND (no moniker) wearing matte black helmets and with a black alternate football jersey in a home football playoff game on my High-Definition television. I wonder what DaveK would think of all of that.