SiouxSports.com Forum

New Jerseys

sioux24/7

Jerseys.jpg

I'm nomally a fan of green jerseys and black pants at home but with all the talk of grey on here and after seeing pictures of the old jerseys with grey pants and helmets I thought I'd try mixing a little tradition with some new templates and see if I could make something that might keep the traditionalist happy and the players, students, and recruits excited. I can't say I love it and I know grey isn't in any of the current uniforms but . . . thoughts?

This is a great uniform! It would be the first UND football jersey I would be excited to own

I like the green stripe on the pants and the white numbers on the black sleeve is sharp. I think they should have their name on the back of the jersey.

Yeah, I am really really old, graduated over 40 yrs ago from UND and I am liking these more and more as I look at them. As you say the green stripe and the white nos. on the sleeve are nice. Name on back agree. Do not want to see an all black road uni though.

How about you guys with the fancy computer skillls do something useful and post up all the historic FB and hockey unis? Like Dave Osborne in his white helmut with green center stripe, green jersey, white pants. Personally I liked the gray and green fronm the 70's the best

He isn't a fan of the school. As long as it says Fighting Sioux somewhere he will be happy (unless it's a color he doesn't like, or it's too modern, or too different, etc.).

... or on HDTV. (He bemoaned that as well for a while.)

Why are you so obsessed with the fact that I won't waste my hard earned money on that overrated and overhyped product? This is at least the 5th time (that I've noticed) in which you have brought it up since the thread when we discussed it... oh, when was that? Two years ago, two and a half? Whenever it was, it was quite a while back and you're just dying to open up that old can of worms again. There... I gave you the attention that you so desperately seemed to be craving. Now grow up and learn how to use the "to each their own" mentality.

lighten up Darlene!

Yeah, I am really really old, graduated over 40 yrs ago from UND and I am liking these more and more as I look at them. As you say the green stripe and the white nos. on the sleeve are nice. Name on back agree. Do not want to see an all black road uni though.

Unlike hockey, basketball and other sports, football uses dark unis for home and white for away (unless the home team is in Florida, Arizona, or somewhere else hot and choose to wear white for home games to combat the heat). So, any all black jersey would be home. I would like to see what they could do with an all black jersey, but I'm more for the green / black and green / grey combos that have been shown here. The more I'm looking at the grey ones the more I think I like them. Not sure about grey helmets though.....

I was going to say it would be cool to see Retro Sioux jerseys, but in the mid 90's it was pretty simple...pure white pants, pure green jersey with numbers.

At least according to the NFL Films documentary "Football America."

Anyone got photos of the 70's or 80's jerseys?

The picture on the TV that I already have is perfect. I see no room for improvement when I look at it. Why should I spend thousands of dollars on a product that is supposedly four or five times better than something that I don't think can be improved upon?

That's the problem. You don't see the clearer picture? Do you need glasses?

Hey i agree just cause other people have it no reason to go out and get it. Lot of people could use your advice and learn to live within their means. I still own a CRT TV also. I am cheap. and try to keep my possession to a minimum.

I bought a DVD player a few years ago when they were down to $40.

I do not see a clearer picture and my vision is 20/20, honest.

Clear and clearer are poor arguments. Digital is clear, whether it's SD or HD. If the signal is week, the picture doesn't get snowy, it pixelates and disappears entirely, SD or HD. Sharpness and depth of field, on the other hand, are what makes a huge difference between SD and HD. The smaller the screen,the less noticeable it is. I see no reason to buy a 32" or smaller HDTV, although you can no longer find a CRT in that size anyway. The differences become more noticeable when you break the 40 inch barrier.

Clear and clearer are poor arguments. Digital is clear, whether it's SD or HD. If the signal is week, the picture doesn't get snowy, it pixelates and disappears entirely, SD or HD. Sharpness and depth of field, on the other hand, are what makes a huge difference between SD and HD. The smaller the screen,the less noticeable it is. I see no reason to buy a 32" or smaller HDTV, although you can no longer find a CRT in that size anyway. The differences become more noticeable when you break the 40 inch barrier.

This thread shouldn't turn into an SD vs. HD TV argument, but HDTV can absolutely be beneficial on smaller screen. It's more about distance from the screen than the size of the screen. If it's a TV that you're going to be watching up close to, such as in a bedroom or office, then even if it's only 22" you will still benefit from HD. If it's a 32" screen that you're watching from 10-12 feet away in a living room, then SD, or 720p HD (not full HD), could be considered sufficient.

This thread shouldn't turn into an SD vs. HD TV argument, but HDTV can absolutely be beneficial on smaller screen. It's more about distance from the screen than the size of the screen. If it's a TV that you're going to be watching up close to, such as in a bedroom or office, then even if it's only 22" you will still benefit from HD. If it's a 32" screen that you're watching from 10-12 feet away in a living room, then SD, or 720p HD (not full HD), could be considered sufficient.

You're right, I haven't tried close up with a small screen. Would guess, based on recommendations, a 22" would be best two feet from you, while a 32" would be three feet, essentially in your lap, to get the best out of 1080P. My 46 looks best at 4 feet, I often move the chair to that range when I'm watching HD by myself. Now back to the topic, whatever it was.

What would be wrong with adidas?

Just a matter of personal opinion; I'm not a fan of their uniforms. In addition, I would like the athletic department to be homogeneous in terms of their supplier. Currently, Nike provides uniforms for all men's athletic teams with the exception being hockey.

Just a matter of personal opinion; I'm not a fan of their uniforms. In addition, I would like the athletic department to be homogeneous in terms of their supplier. Currently, Nike provides uniforms for all men's athletic teams with the exception being hockey.

Adidas does own Reebok, FWIW.