SiouxSports.com Forum

three ex-UND football players face charges

UND92,96

I think every program has their share of embarrassing incidents...mostly drinking and brilliant plans concocted while drinking, and ocassionally something worse like the Montana State mess quite a few years ago and the Best Buy scandal...but I give credit to the institutions who try to get in front of it and report their players lapses rather than trying to hide everything under the rug, and I think the North Dakota and the Montana schools have done a pretty good job at that...disclosing information because it's the right thing to do even though it will bring criticism to the program.

Penn State and Ohio State could take some lessons.

I spoke with one of the players tonight and he said this is not a team wide issue. Other players are not happy with these guys.(no kidding) He said he is pretty sure none of these players were using steroids and he knows of no one on the team using steroids . He said one of the three kids has been a problem. I spoke with one of the Mankato kids. He said when Belotti was at Mankato he was a good guy and there were no problems and this was a surprise. He also said Geortz was a "meathead".

Ira, what happens to these kids scholarships or partials for the second semester? Since their playing days are over, does the FB staff still have to honor them if they are indeed guilty of the violations etc.?

No response star? You surprised me by that one anyway. I am sure you, being all knowing about all things, knew about the Montana incidents. Were you in your biased ways trying to sneak one thru? I'm pretty sure with a little reseach most of your rants could be refuted.

Pretty much sums him up.

Ira, what happens to these kids scholarships or partials for the second semester? Since their playing days are over, does the FB staff still have to honor them if they are indeed guilty of the violations etc.?

You would normally have your scholarship for the whole year. This type of violation can cost your scholarship. Might depend on the "innocent until proven guilty" but pretty hard to explain illegal dope in your room.

Talk about bad timing. Hopefully this marks the end of this tumultuous recruiting class and their tarnishing the UND football program with off the field issues. Some good players and people (Goska, Anderson, Hendrickson, Daniels, Daggett, est.) were in this class but there were too many bad apples in this bunch.

Hendrickson had a load of troubles before he came to UND but he kind of turned it around and matured as an individual and stayed out of trouble during his time in Grand Forks. Very concerning though with the others...

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Story was in GF Herald on Saturday. http://www.grandfork...ublisher_ID/40/

One of the resident d-bags thinks the GF Herald ignored it. Where does said d-bag think the SF Chronicle picked up the story?

I apologize as I had not seen it posted.

On an aside, the substances thought to be steroids found in Belotti's room were not steroids. I know a lot of people came down on him hard for that.

I apologize as I had not seen it posted.

On an aside, the substances thought to be steroids found in Belotti's room were not steroids. I know a lot of people came down on him hard for that.

I guess not sure it was posted before or not. Just wanted to point out that it was indeed in the GF Herald.

• 5 weeks later...

http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/243399/

On top of the posts just previous to this, I believe all of us on here being "couch critics", the public and the media who have put this young man down without knowing any of the facts owe him an apology including myself. This young man put his heart into this program and community and got little recognition for it until the end of his career and was then almost immediately stripped of his recognition without any explanation. Good Luck out in Bismarck!

http://www.grandfork...icle/id/243399/

On top of the posts just previous to this, I believe all of us on here being "couch critics", the public and the media who have put this young man down without knowing any of the facts owe him an apology including myself. This young man put his heart into this program and community and got little recognition for it until the end of his career and was then almost immediately stripped of his recognition without any explanation. Good Luck out in Bismarck!

One of the more important points for those that don't read the whole article:

Besides, the suspected steroids seized in Belotti’s room did not test positive as such controlled substances, Sandberg said.

Pretty classy of the Forum to not even run an article about the charges being dismissed. They ran the arrests on the first page of their paper and not one word on the dismissals. At least the Herald had an article today..

The Forum sports section has really turned into an absolute rag. Kolpack and his flunkies are some of the most pathetic excuses for journalists around. The story of Jemison's arrest and dismissal is being buried right now despite wide knowledge of it within the F-M media.

On another note, I think a lot of people in the Grand Forks community owe these young men an apology. The GFPD has once again proven itself to be an absolute embarassment to the community.

• Upvote 2

I relize this was a fromer player, but really? Rght or wriong the police did find stuff in the house. Even if Belotti wasn't involved he likely knew and should had come forward. I trelize I shoul;dn't be critical, but I hink he did use them at one point, as it would be hard not to when a teamate is using them as if it were,

Pretty classy of the Forum to not even run an article about the charges being dismissed. They ran the arrests on the first page of their paper and not one word on the dismissals. At least the Herald had an article today..

The Forum sports section has really turned into an absolute rag. Kolpack and his flunkies are some of the most pathetic excuses for journalists around. The story of Jemison's arrest and dismissal is being buried right now despite wide knowledge of it within the F-M media.

On another note, I think a lot of people in the Grand Forks community owe these young men an apology. The GFPD has once again proven itself to be an absolute embarassment to the community.

Sure there's wide knowlege of it (Jemison), but there was wide knowlege of this issue as well. Let the legal system work itself to a conclusion (regarding Jemison) and then we can airmchair prosecute this thing.

I relize this was a fromer player, but really? Rght or wriong the police did find stuff in the house. Even if Belotti wasn't involved he likely knew and should had come forward. I trelize I shoul;dn't be critical, but I hink he did use them at one point, as it would be hard not to when a teamate is using them as if it were,

So with that logic, all 100+ players must be using, too, right?

This was also in the article (sorry it won't let me use the "quote" function):

Watkins was the sole focus of the warrant, while Belotti lived in a locked, separate basement apartment and kept Watkins from entering his room, Sandberg said.

It doesn't seem like the two were BFFs