SiouxSports.com Forum

three ex-UND football players face charges

UND92,96

if you take roids and cant make und's team, than that in itself is embarassing. these guys arent stars, so this didnt get swept under the rug.

Hmmm.... let's see....Goertz: 43 tackles, 2nd on team, 11 starts.... Belloti: 35 tackles, 3rd on team, 11 starts.... Watkins: 28 tackles, 8th on team, 10 starts.... not stars??? Simply not true. When has UND ever treated "stars" any differently? I would love some reply on this. UND has always done an excellent job of disciplining players who break rules, in all sports.... Brad Kelley, Oshie, Frattin.... they all were dealt with the same as anyone else would.

Hmmm.... let's see....Goertz: 43 tackles, 2nd on team, 11 starts.... Belloti: 35 tackles, 3rd on team, 11 starts.... Watkins: 28 tackles, 8th on team, 10 starts.... not stars??? Simply not true. When has UND ever treated "stars" any differently? I would love some reply on this. UND has always done an excellent job of disciplining players who break rules, in all sports.... Brad Kelley, Oshie, Frattin.... they all were dealt with the same as anyone else would.

Chappell, Murray, Bamba...just to add a few more

Talk about bad timing. Hopefully this marks the end of this tumultuous recruiting class and their tarnishing the UND football program with off the field issues. Some good players and people (Goska, Anderson, Hendrickson, Daniels, Daggett, est.) were in this class but there were too many bad apples in this bunch.

This is the biggest emabarrassment to UND FB in the 41 years I have been associated with UND. Steroids?? None of these guys were good enough to have used steroids. Felony charges? Those you on this board who are thinking of bringing up the AC history of anything similar don't. There is nothing that will lessen the embarrassment. I would like to take these losers and put them in a room with UND alumni FB players for 30 minutes. They should have all letters earned revoked. I would try and help them get into treatment and counseling if they need it, and graduate if they can, then bid them goodbye and don't come back. They have put a black mark on a program that has prided itself over the years in running a clean program with quality kids. Doesn't say much for the character of these guys who risk the reputation of the school and program because they are undisciplined jack asses. Nice thing to do to their families and the rest of the Fighting Sioux FB family and coaches. Felony counts for cripes sake. For anyone who thinks smoking dope is harmless, this proves otherwise. Attorneys may plead this down to a lesser count and for the kids sake I hope they can, but they need to know they have done damage to the program and school at a very difficult time while we are making our transistion to D1 and being forced by the NCAA to retire our name and logo.

I echo your sentiment- this is embarrasing, there is no way around it. And unfortunately now it's going to raise the question about other players on the current roster- fair or not. Whether they are done at players is inconsequential to me. The mark they will have left with this program will unfortunately linger and it will give our rivals/enemies plenty of fodder for a long long long time. Shameful.

The mark they will have left with this program will unfortunately linger and it will give our rivals/enemies plenty of fodder for a long long long time. Shameful.

No question that this is a bad mark on the program.

But stating this will linger and give plenty of fodder for a long long time?

NDSU's Best Buy scandal, as well as their pot dealer and DUIs was just two years ago. The Best Buy scandal was one of the more egregious scandals in FCS of all time. But where is NDSU football today?

...but on the bright side, UND is getting excellent coverage in The Forum; on the morning of the AC's biggest football game ever (I guess), UND warrants a six-column banner headline at the top of the Forum sports page. Obviously the always neutral editorial staff at The Forum finally has recognized just how many fans of THE University of North Dakota are within its circulation area. I for one look forward to this type of extensive coverage of football next fall, when UND enters the Big Sky

No question that this is a bad mark on the program.

But stating this will linger and give plenty of fodder for a long long time?

NDSU's Best Buy scandal, as well as their pot dealer and DUIs was just two years ago. The Best Buy scandal was one of the more egregious scandals in FCS of all time. But where is NDSU football today?

Egregious scandals of all time? Somebody must have just heard the final of the Bison game.

Name one at the FCS level that was worse .....

Woops, let me try that again.

His arrest was the latest in a string of bad news for college football in Montana.

On May 18, Montana State football coach Mike Kramer was fired after another of his former players was arrested. Over the past year, four former MSU football players and one current player have been arrested on criminal charges, including a murder charge filed against a former redshirt football player.

Woops, let me try that again.

His arrest was the latest in a string of bad news for college football in Montana.

On May 18, Montana State football coach Mike Kramer was fired after another of his former players was arrested. Over the past year, four former MSU football players and one current player have been arrested on criminal charges, including a murder charge filed against a former redshirt football player.

touche?

I echo your sentiment- this is embarrasing, there is no way around it. And unfortunately now it's going to raise the question about other players on the current roster- fair or not. Whether they are done at players is inconsequential to me. The mark they will have left with this program will unfortunately linger and it will give our rivals/enemies plenty of fodder for a long long long time. Shameful.

I spoke with one of the players tonight and he said this is not a team wide issue. Other players are not happy with these guys.(no kidding) He said he is pretty sure none of these players were using steroids and he knows of no one on the team using steroids . He said one of the three kids has been a problem. I spoke with one of the Mankato kids. He said when Belotti was at Mankato he was a good guy and there were no problems and this was a surprise. He also said Geortz was a "meathead".