SiouxSports.com Forum

2012 early look

UND92,96

Kenny Galladay was unstoppable today in 1 v 1's and the team session. Going into the season the last place I would've expected a redshirt getting pulled would be at WR but the young man is tall looong quick and has very strong soft hands. He may force the coaches hands if he keeps it up. He was just too good today, defensive players were even giving him due props for some unreal catches today.

• Upvote 2

Tyrann Mathieu was dismissed from LSU today. He would look really nice on the other side of Daryl Brown ;)

A lot of people are saying that he will transfer to an FCS school for his Junior year so he doesn't have t osit out a year (which he would have to do if he went to an FBS school) and then go pro after this year. Do you think that a guy who finished 5th in Heisman votes last year would play at an FCS school? I could see him going to Sam Houston State. Curious to see if and where he plays this season!!

Kenny Galladay was unstoppable today in 1 v 1's and the team session. Going into the season the last place I would've expected a redshirt getting pulled would be at WR but the young man is tall looong quick and has very strong soft hands. He may force the coaches hands if he keeps it up. He was just too good today, defensive players were even giving him due props for some unreal catches today.

Our WR depth is the best it has ever been.

Unless our hand is forced by injuries, we absolutely need to redshirt this kid.

I've been told that Mathieu has already contacted NDSU about playing there this season. I really don't know if Bohl will want him, though. Yes he's an elite player, but Bohl HATES players with off-field issues and he's not a big fan of FBS transfer players. Then again, think of the publicity the school would get if he went there. I wish UND was more established in FCS. That would be a sweet pick up

I've been told that Mathieu has already contacted NDSU about playing there this season. I really don't know if Bohl will want him, though. Yes he's an elite player, but Bohl HATES players with off-field issues and he's not a big fan of FBS transfer players. Then again, think of the publicity the school would get if he went there. I wish UND was more established in FCS. That would be a sweet pick up

Can't tell if you are serious or not? It sounds like he is going to McNeese State.

He is a trouble maker and I don't know if I want NDSU with the rep of taking someone like him.

Can't tell if you are serious or not? It sounds like he is going to McNeese State.

I wouldn't be surprised with a contact, but I'd put my money on McNeese if I was a betting man.

Okay. Wow that's pretty impressive that he contacted them.

FCS champs. He is moving down so he can play immediately. Wouldn't call it impressive. Has to end up somewhere.

He is a trouble maker and I don't know if I want NDSU with the rep of taking someone like him.

I wouldn't be surprised with a contact, but I'd put my money on McNeese if I was a betting man.

FCS champs. He is moving down so he can play immediately. Wouldn't call it impressive. Has to end up somewhere.

Trouble maker? He smokes pot, who cares! It's not like he's showering with little boys in the locker room. I can only hope that Muss and his staff are on the phone with him making him an offer. He's going to be a huge part of some lucky FCS team's (McNeese) defense and punt returning game. Would love to see him in a green and white jersey next season!

Trouble maker? He smokes pot, who cares! It's not like he's showering with little boys in the locker room. I can only hope that Muss and his staff are on the phone with him making him an offer. He's going to be a huge part of some lucky FCS team's (McNeese) defense and punt returning game. Would love to see him in a green and white jersey next season!

He is a returning Heisman Trophy finalist as well as winning several awards at the preseason #1/2 team in America and an SEC powerhouse, and they still gave him the boot. If LSU is willing to give the boot to the face of the team, then he must be a real pain in the rear end.

I don't know about anyone else, but I care. I'd rather that we stick with athletes that have both talent AND character. I, for one, don't want winning to become more important than the reputation of our program. Maybe that's just me.

• Upvote 2

Yeah, being a dope-head is no big deal. He's only failed 3 drug tests in the last 12 months, so what's the problem?..................................

:silly:

Great, go over to the NDSU board and let them know - I don't care.

Great, go over to the NDSU board and let them know - I don't care.

I agree. Our program is FINALLY in a legitimate conference and a full-fledged member of Division I. The last thing I want is for us to go after a kid with serious substance abuse problems in his life. It could very well destroy team chemistry on and off the field.

Yeah, being a dope-head is no big deal. He's only failed 3 drug tests in the last 12 months, so what's the problem?..................................

:silly:

You seriously believe that we don't already have players that smoke pot and use other other drugs such as oxycotin, ephedrine, and performance enhancers? I know for a fact that we do (I signed a confidentiality waiver and that's as far as I'm willing to speak on the matter). You would give up the chance at grabbing a player for one year that would give UND a shot at winning the Big Sky and possibly a national championship just because he smokes pot, a drug you can obtain legally in Montana with a prescription? If he was a crack head or a meth junky then I would agree but he's a young kid with a bright future who made a small mistake, we would be crazy not to take him. It's a moot point because as Sicatoka pointed out he's most likely going to stay Louisiana.