SiouxSports.com Forum

Conference Realignments - Take 2

The Sicatoka

Wait...are you saying all these schools are going to move up to FBS??? And they are to pay for that how?? Even NDSU which probably has one of the largest FCS football fan bases would not be able to afford that, let alone these South Dakota schools!! And Neb Omaha is dropping football, so not sure why you put them in there.

The first list is football only, the other list is for other sports...basketball, baseball, etc.

If and when NDAC joins us out west it will be interesting to see how Omaha does in a even more watered down Summit w/o NDSU, Oakland, and IUPUI?

If Idaho, NMSU and some Sun-Belt and MAC schools can make it at the FBS level I'm sure UND, NDAC, UM, and MSU could make the WAC work? Plus with a lot of these exit fees the WAC is accumulating each new WAC school would get lots of money up front to help the transition.

If the Nickname votes says keep the name and for some reason the BSC says good bye to us, Faison better call up Moscow Idaho and Las Cruces, NM and say "who else can we get to join us"?

The Montana-Dakota centered WAC envisioned above could make a lot of sense. It would give the six FCS schools a measured entry into FBS and they could take their time. There isn't likely to be any other opportunity to make the FBS jump in the foreseeable future. While being the clear third FBS league in the west, the FBS status alone would probably give them the firepower to build up to a multi-bid basketball league, which is a better situation than any of the schools is in now. The divisional setup would really cut down on travel, and would be pretty geographically sound.

• Upvote 1

That's wishfull thinking on our part. More likely to be Duluth and Grand Valley State (or someone at that level of play), although other options are probably out there.

I think both UMD and GVSU place too high of a priority on football to go dI and join the Summit unless there's a guarantee the MVFC would take them, too. I suspect the Summit needs to focus on prospective members without football, or who are willing to drop football a la UNO.

I think both UMD and GVSU place too high of a priority on football to go dI and join the Summit unless there's a guarantee the MVFC would take them, too. I suspect the Summit needs to focus on prospective members without football, or who are willing to drop football a la UNO.

Good point. In that case, St. Cloud.

Horizon League looks to future as Butler bolts for A-10

In the past, Detroit has reportedly vetoed the addition of Oakland because the schools are so close. League bylaws allow any school to veto an addition if the school is located within 25 miles of its own campus. But LeCrone said if the other eight schools are unanimous, they can override that veto.

“I would also suggest this — our board has the ability to change those rules at any time,” LeCrone said.

It sounds like LeCrone wants to get Oakland.

Chapman spent money and NDSU made money....8.8% tuition increase. Still miss him?

NDSU's finances are still a mess thanks to Chapman. That's why NDSU is crying every year screaming that they're going to have to shut down programs if the state doesn't give them more money.....

NDSU's finances are still a mess thanks to Chapman. That's why NDSU is crying every year screaming that they're going to have to shut down programs if the state doesn't give them more money.....

No our finances are mess for a number or reasons, Chapman played a part in it but the state of ND is also liable.

Chapman spent money and NDSU made money....8.8% tuition increase. Still miss him?

Funny story about our 8.8% tuition increase is even with it, NDSU students only by $83 dollars more per year than UND students. I think we can live with that.

No reason for the state not to give more money. Until NDSU gets fargo representatives on our side though, that sadly probably wont happen.

Other threads for this sort of discussion.

Anyone have an idea where Seattle and Denver will end up if the WAC fails altogether?

Funny story about our 8.8% tuition increase is even with it, NDSU students only by $83 dollars more per year than UND students. I think we can live with that.

No reason for the state not to give more money. Until NDSU gets fargo representatives on our side though, that sadly probably wont happen.

Other threads for this sort of discussion.

Anyone have an idea where Seattle and Denver will end up if the WAC fails altogether?

Al Carlson going after UND's nickname issue and the SBoHE isn't on your side. Please.