SiouxSports.com Forum

Conference Realignments - Take 2

The Sicatoka

Near future? UND known for travelling well? Hmm...The "X" had I believe 11-12,000 people there this weekend for Minnesota Vs. UND. The X holds a lot more than 11 or 12,000. If you people aren't even willing to drive to Minneapolis for a hockey game...to go to the FROZEN FOUR...against your RIVAL..why should anyone think any of you would go to Texas for a championship game? UND doesn't travel well for football and you know in your heart that if UND made it to Frisco, that they would be more in line with the Delaware/EWU game of 2011. Accept it and move on.

Only about 1200 less than how many showed up for the first playoff football game in the Fargodome's history and the first football playoff game in what, almost 20 years in Fargo?

This weekend wasn't the Frozen Four, it was the WEST REGIONAL. I really think Bison fans should stick with their Scummit League Basketball Programs and quit trying to analyze NCAA Hockey attendance figures.

And speaking of "moving on", isn't that what NDSU did about 8 years ago. And yet, you are still here. It all makes you go hmmmmmmm.

Learn to read. I said "to go to the Frozen Four," not the Frozen Four.

Only about 1200 less than how many showed up for the first playoff football game in the Fargodome's history and the first football playoff game in what, almost 20 years in Fargo?

1200 less...with two teams who claim to be a big deal...playing in the state of hockey and home to one of the teams.... and about 4-5 hours from Grand Forks.

1200 less...with two teams who claim to be a big deal...playing in the state of hockey and home to one of the teams.... and about 4-5 hours from Grand Forks.

We get it. football is bigger than hockey. NDSU is better than UND. NDSU has better teams, fans, conference, etc. You're the best, we're the worst. How many ways can you word a post in multiple topics to tell everyone that. We get your point!! Agree to disagree and move on.

• Upvote 1

We get it. football is bigger than hockey. NDSU is better than UND. NDSU has better teams, fans, conference, etc. You're the best, we're the worst. How many ways can you word a post in multiple topics to tell everyone that. We get your point!! Agree to disagree and move on.

They can't move on - their existance depends on their ability to continually compare themselves to UND in hopes that they can convince someone and themselves that they are better, but UND is the Flag Ship University of North Dakota and will continue to be. That's why they can't move on.
  • Upvote 1

They can't move on - their existance depends on their ability to continually compare themselves to UND in hopes that they can convince someone and themselves that they are better, but UND is the Flag Ship University of North Dakota and will continue to be. That's why they can't move on.

Um, I've seen someone on here with their signature showing UND's record in sports against the other Dakota schools. So isn't that one of your people comparing themselves to the the other schools, none of whom are in a conference with you? NDSU's existance depends on our ability to win championships in football and the other sports. UND is no flagship anymore. A flagship would imply it is significantly larger than the other schools. NDSU and UND are now roughly the same size. And even if UND was this "flagship" you speak of, why would I care? NDSU won 8 football championships in the College Division and Division II. Added another one in FCS this season. So while NDSU, "Moo U", "The AC", was being the little brother winning 9 championships, UND, "Flagship", Big Brother, won 1?

I don't recall NDSU fans rushing the court after beating UND in basketball last season. I don't recall Saul Phillips declaring the win "One of the biggest in our history." Most NDSU fans I know don't deny still being relatively interested or in some cases very interested in what goes on up in Grand Forks.

You are right, however the week prior at the WCHA Final Five the Minnesota and UND game was a sellout at 18k plus. Now mooooooove on!

So...you have a fan base who cares more about winning a conference tournement than making it to the Frozen Four? (Minnesota is guilty as well, not just UND)

This post pretty much sums up how Bison fans let their emotions get the best of them and post with no intelligence about a sport they "don't care about." First of all, it doesn't matter if you like hockey or not, people who are hockey fans will tell you U of M and UND are a big deal when it comes to the sport. You trying to argue that shows your jealousy of a program that you know nothing about. Second, so there wasn't a sellout on a Sunday evening game that was nationally televised. Not everyone is going to take Monday off of work or make the drive after the game and get home at 2:00 in the morning. I guess after a season when UND beats both your volleyball team and your basketball team you'll can do whatever you have to do to try and make yourself feel better about your favorite college.

• Upvote 1

I don't recall NDSU fans rushing the court after beating UND in basketball last season. I don't recall Saul Phillips declaring the win "One of the biggest in our history." Most NDSU fans I know don't deny still being relatively interested or in some cases very interested in what goes on up in Grand Forks.

They were still depressed from getting beat by Big Sky conference member EWU. And whether they did or not last year, there was a handful of them that went down to the lower level of the REA to do it this year, they just didn't get the chance.

As for what Jones said after the game, I bet he'd take that back knowing what he knows now. Wins over SDSU and Montana were bigger than over the smokescreen that was NDSU basketball this year.

They were still depressed from getting beat by Big Sky conference member EWU. And whether they did or not last year, there was a handful of them that went down to the lower level of the REA to do it this year, they just didn't get the chance.

As for what Jones said after the game, I bet he'd take that back knowing what he knows now. Wins over SDSU and Montana were bigger than over the smokescreen that was NDSU basketball this year.

And we all know that there was little enthusiasm from the NDSU students that night because as we all know, NDSU is a "Football Only" school. So everything that is not football, students and fans don't really care about :p

Um, I've seen someone on here with their signature showing UND's record in sports against the other Dakota schools. So isn't that one of your people comparing themselves to the the other schools, none of whom are in a conference with you? NDSU's existance depends on our ability to win championships in football and the other sports. UND is no flagship anymore. A flagship would imply it is significantly larger than the other schools. NDSU and UND are now roughly the same size. And even if UND was this "flagship" you speak of, why would I care? NDSU won 8 football championships in the College Division and Division II. Added another one in FCS this season. So while NDSU, "Moo U", "The AC", was being the little brother winning 9 championships, UND, "Flagship", Big Brother, won 1?

So...you have a fan base who cares more about winning a conference tournement than making it to the Frozen Four? (Minnesota is guilty as well, not just UND)

So UND fans rushed the court when we beat NDSU in basketball. You thought that was a big deal. What does that say about NDSU fans and players chanting and talking about UND in your post game rally for winning a football championship. It kind of makes the rushing the court statement you made sound a little silly, don't you think?
  • Upvote 3

So UND fans rushed the court when we beat NDSU in basketball. You thought that was a big deal. What does that say about NDSU fans and players chanting and talking about UND in your post game rally for winning a football championship. It kind of makes the rushing the court statement you made sound a little silly, don't you think?

Don't forget the signs that were brought all the way down to Texas that had UND references.

• Upvote 1

This post pretty much sums up how Bison fans let their emotions get the best of them and post with no intelligence about a sport they "don't care about." First of all, it doesn't matter if you like hockey or not, people who are hockey fans will tell you U of M and UND are a big deal when it comes to the sport. You trying to argue that shows your jealousy of a program that you know nothing about. Second, so there wasn't a sellout on a Sunday evening game that was nationally televised. Not everyone is going to take Monday off of work or make the drive after the game and get home at 2:00 in the morning. I guess after a season when UND beats both your volleyball team and your basketball team you'll can do whatever you have to do to try and make yourself feel better about your favorite college.

Thanks for using NDSU as your measuring stick for success - There is no way in hell that NDSU uses UND for any measure of success in anything. Big difference between the two schools.

Thanks for using NDSU as your measuring stick for success - There is no way in hell that NDSU uses UND for any measure of success in anything. Big difference between the two schools.

Sorry but you and your rubes constant presence here prove otherwise.
  • Upvote 1

Your right, if this was similar UND fans would run down NDSU's success in wrestling (sport we don't have) and talk constantly about wishing your wrestling team fails, to try and make us feel better about our programs. But we'll save our time and just beat you on the court. Judging by your reaction those losses this season really stung didn't they?

And not to bring it up again but your players couldn't even leave UND out of their minds after they won the Nat'l championship. And on a day UND shouldn't even have been anywhere in discussion, it was brought up by players and fans to prove NDSU tries to compare themselves to UND anyway they can.

• Upvote 2

Your right, if this was similar UND fans would run down NDSU's success in wrestling (sport we don't have) and talk constantly about wishing your wrestling team fails, to try and make us feel better about our programs. But we'll save our time and just beat you on the court. Judging by your reaction those losses this season really stung didn't they?

And not to bring it up again but your players couldn't even leave UND out of their minds after they won the Nat'l championship. And on a day UND shouldn't even have been anywhere in discussion, it was brought up by players and fans to prove NDSU tries to compare themselves to UND anyway they can.

Whats funny about your wrestling thought is that NDSU fans bash college hockey because its full of D2 and D3 teams but yet they fail to realize college wrestling is also full of D2 and D3 teams. Funny how that is never brought up on Bisonville? Hmmm.

Whats funny about your wrestling thought is that NDSU fans bash college hockey because its full of D2 and D3 teams but yet they fail to realize college wrestling is also full of D2 and D3 teams. Funny how that is never brought up on Bisonville? Hmmm.

Not to stick up for the bison but your comparison is not the same. In hockey, DII and DIII play at the DI level (ie Colorado College, St. Cloud St. Etc). For wrestling, champions are crowned for DI, DII, and DIII.

Not to stick up for the bison but your comparison is not the same. In hockey, DII and DIII play at the DI level (ie Colorado College, St. Cloud St. Etc). For wrestling, champions are crowned for DI, DII, and DIII.

This list is a little old (they list NDSU as DII) but DI wrestling schools:

http://www.uni.edu/ncaa-wrestling/wrestlin/colldiv.html

Bloomsburg Univ.

Clarion

E. Strousburg

Franklin & Marshall College

Lock Haven University

Slippery Rock

Wilkes University

Not true!! Here is the results from the 2011 DI wrestling championships Team Standings

http://intermatwrestle.com/Files/pdf/10-11/ncaadivisionichampionships.pdf

#23 Edinboro

#45 Lock Haven

#48 Clarion

This list is a little old (they list NDSU as DII) but DI wrestling schools:

http://www.uni.edu/n...in/colldiv.html

Bloomsburg Univ.

Clarion

E. Strousburg

Franklin & Marshall College

Lock Haven University

Slippery Rock

Wilkes University

Not true!! Here is the results from the 2011 DI wrestling championships Team Standings

http://intermatwrest...ampionships.pdf

#23 Edinboro

#45 Lock Haven

#48 Clarion

Ok...guess I was wrong that some DII and DIII programs are competing at the DI level. Who knew? I am not afraid to admit my ignorance when it comes to wrestling.

The only difference is that Wrestling has a DII and hockey doesn't I guess. Both hockey and wrestling have DI and DIII championships

players do it for the fans. I don't imagine the players at either school particularly care about the other unless they have friends who play on the other team. The only reason the coaches would care is if the other school is having a tough time, then recruiting will come easier. Fans on both sides care plenty.

I don't know many people at NDSU who actually care about the wrestling team. We are aware that they are generally pretty solid, and won some championships back in the D-2 days, but other than that, they are an afterthought. Yep, there are a few D-2 and D-3 schools, and a ton of schools that I have no idea what level they are. All I know is that Minnesota generally is awesome and so are some other other B1G and Big 12 schools.

The topic of this thread is "Conference Realignments". Let's get it back on track.

The topic of the loyalty of North Dakota's fanbase vs. NDSU's fanbase can be a valid one. For anyone who wants to continue that discussion, feel free to start a new thread.

This is not the place for it.