SiouxSports.com Forum

Conference Realignments - Take 2

The Sicatoka

On 6/15/2019 at 7:08 PM, Kab said:

The best solution is a summit big sky venture.

unfortunately egos get in the way, some think they are too good to be traveling to the Dakotas.

what name could we put on the conference to make it look appealing?

The BAEE Conference?  The Bison and Everyone Else.  Oh, you said "appealing," my bad.

tumblr_mrt1c6l7X11qh59n0o1_r1_500.gif

8 hours ago, jdub27 said:

LOL.

Yep, I don't have a clue what is going. Can't believe how much I missed the mark when I told you UND had been in consistent contact with the Summit/MVFC over a few year period and the move was imminent because FBS is not even close to UND's radar right now. Really swung and missed on that one. Should have listened to your consistent message of the Dakota's moving to a split Big Sky instead.

I'm also well aware of the rules and have been in agreement with you on the danger the Summit autobid is on. I can't help that you have more faith in Tom Douple than I do and think he's masterminding something when he isn't. I also understand the public perception optics of the NCAA announcing they are taking away a basketball autobid because of soccer and baseball, which is why waivers will be the band-aid in the case one is needed.  

Only 12 more days until your self-imposed ban on the topic. I'm almost disappointed because I actually enjoy some of the insight, it is the presentation that is lacking.

He lied before on his leaving. Hes lying now. He will never leave or shut up about this subject.

8 hours ago, jdub27 said:

LOL.

Yep, I don't have a clue what is going. Can't believe how much I missed the mark when I told you UND had been in consistent contact with the Summit/MVFC over a few year period and the move was imminent because FBS is not even close to UND's radar right now. Really swung and missed on that one. Should have listened to your consistent message of the Dakota's moving to a split Big Sky instead.

I'm also well aware of the rules and have been in agreement with you on the danger the Summit autobid is on. I can't help that you have more faith in Tom Douple than I do and think he's masterminding something when he isn't. I also understand the public perception optics of the NCAA announcing they are taking away a basketball autobid because of soccer and baseball, which is why waivers will be the band-aid in the case one is needed.  

Only 12 more days until your self-imposed ban on the topic. I'm almost disappointed because I actually enjoy some of the insight, it is the presentation that is lacking.

Yeah, you’re right, as you said you don’t have a clue.

Consider Douple more of an idiot than you, Southpaw, and the bison troll above.  Montana State’s Cruzado is calling the shots and Montana is just following along.

The date above was only by Big Sky rules, which can be changed, and probably has been to circumvent the NCAA meetings upcoming.

Dixie St got an upgrade to DI and FCS based on more FCS schools joining the WAC.  So far nada as the Big Sky will need teams to backfill and Dixie St would be perfect.

Egriz doesn’t want the Griz to leave as only the MWC is adequate in their delusional minds so you very compliantly agree.

But meanwhile, the Griz have big plans for an indoor practice center, which is almost a necessity for FBS.

22 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

NDSU is at the point of major embarrassment.  They have won more FCS championships than anyone, but no G5 conference interest exists.  They need to go FBS and my plan lays it out.

You are right as always. Damned embarrassing to win 7 of 8 titles and beat every FBS with enough guts to schedule you.  And I wouldn't be so sure UND will be following NDSU into an FBS conference if they ever get the opportunity to join one, like the MWC. If they want two teams, my guess their first choice to join NDSU would be SDSU, not UND. But we all know you know better than the rest of us. You haven't been wrong yet...

17 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

You are right as always. Damned embarrassing to win 7 of 8 titles and beat every FBS with enough guts to schedule you.  And I wouldn't be so sure UND will be following NDSU into an FBS conference if they ever get the opportunity to join one, like the MWC. If they want two teams, my guess their first choice to join NDSU would be SDSU, not UND. But we all know you know better than the rest of us. You haven't been wrong yet...

It’s embarrassing to your AD and President not to get an offer to move up. Any G5 conference that offered would lose $’s all around.  To the bison masses, it’s just another weekend to stuff their stomachs with bbq and beer in Frisco.  

23 hours ago, SiouxVolley said:

It’s embarrassing to your AD and President not to get an offer to move up. Any G5 conference that offered would lose $’s all around.  To the bison masses, it’s just another weekend to stuff their stomachs with bbq and beer in Frisco.  

Well I must say you are batting 1000% on being wrong again.:D

1 hour ago, SWSiouxMN said:

Back to 10 in 2020

Rename it the I-29 conference

Would guess travel partners would be

UND/NDSU

USD/SDSU

IPFW/WIU

Omaha/UMKC

Denver/ORU

Or you could go Omaha/DU and UMKC/ORU

If this is what the Summit is relying on, its committing suicide unless UMKC starts baseball or gets another full DI school.

It would be a shame that the Dakota football programs aren’t the Summit key survival programs, but men’s soccer, baseball and mbb are.  UND’s needs to bring back baseball to save the Summit.

The WAC’s future is also imperiled, as Dixie St and Cal Baptist won’t be full DI members for years and Bakersfield is leaving next year.  The WAC need some seven full DI members now, not DII move ups.

On 6/19/2019 at 9:02 PM, SiouxVolley said:

I don't think Matt Larsen is embarrassed about not getting an invite to an FBS conference, but maybe you know him more personally than I do. Conferences and school presidents do what is in the best interests of their entities. There may be some monetary reasons and concerns about the competitiveness of NDSU when weighing possible membership.  I guess the UND AD and President must have been extremely embarrassed when the Big 10 schools split from their conferences in hockey and invited an associate member and it wasn't UND. How embarrassing for the supposed top program in college hockey.

Just now, nd1sufan said:

I don't think Matt Larsen is embarrassed about not getting an invite to an FBS conference, but maybe you know him more personally than I do. Conferences and school presidents do what is in the best interests of their entities. There may be some monetary reasons and concerns about the competitiveness of NDSU when weighing possible membership.  I guess the UND AD and President must have been extremely embarrassed when the Big 10 schools split from their conferences in hockey and invited an associate member and it wasn't UND. How embarrassing for the supposed top program in college hockey.

Yeah, like the NCHC is much greater than the Pig Ten, as the last four champs have come from UND or its league.

41 minutes ago, SiouxVolley said:

Yeah, like the NCHC is much greater than the Pig Ten, as the last four champs have come from UND or its league.

But all used to hear from UND fans is  "we compete against Minnesota, Wisconsin," ...  Not Miami of OH, W. Mich, St. Cloud, CC...  If the Pig Ten had extended an offer at the split, The Big  Ten commissioner wouldn't have been able to complete extending the offer before Faison would have accepted. He would have been lynched by UND hockey fans if he would have turned down an offer to go with the U of M and Wisconsin.  You can say all you want about the NCHC is a better conference than the Big 10 in hockey, but a great deal of the luster of UND hockey has gone away since the split of the WCHA, 

The WAC will have to respond now to stay alive.  It will take Sam Houston St, Lamar, maybe Incarnate Word and a few other Southland teams and UMKC will reconsider and ORU jumps.   UCDavis, Cal Poly and Sac St will also join and that will start the Big Sky reorganization.  The Summit would be an awful position without thee northern Big Sky schools.

14 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

But all used to hear from UND fans is  "we compete against Minnesota, Wisconsin," ...  Not Miami of OH, W. Mich, St. Cloud, CC...  If the Pig Ten had extended an offer at the split, The Big  Ten commissioner wouldn't have been able to complete extending the offer before Faison would have accepted. He would have been lynched by UND hockey fans if he would have turned down an offer to go with the U of M and Wisconsin.  You can say all you want about the NCHC is a better conference than the Big 10 in hockey, but a great deal of the luster of UND hockey has gone away since the split of the WCHA, 

Still compete against them and we win.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SiouxVolley said:

The WAC will have to respond now to stay alive.  It will take Sam Houston St, Lamar, maybe Incarnate Word and a few other Southland teams and UMKC will reconsider and ORU jumps.   UCDavis, Cal Poly and Sac St will also join and that will start the Big Sky reorganization.  The Summit would be an awful position without thee northern Big Sky schools.

Why would any school voluntarily leave a stable conference to join the WAC? They've been on life support for years. 

40 minutes ago, southpaw said:

Why would any school voluntarily leave a stable conference to join the WAC? They've been on life support for years. 

It can get new members if it offers FBS status.  Sam Houston St and Lamar have stated for years that they want FBS, only to be rebuked by the Sun Belt and CUSA.  UTRGV will also announce plans for FBS.  UCDavis, Sac St and Cal Poly have internal plans for FBS also.  Utah Valley, Seattle and Dixie St will go to the Big Sky for better geography, prompting the Motanas, Idaho and Weber St to move.

The WAC only has six full DI members going forward - NMSU, GCU, UTRGV, Seattle, Utah Valley and Chicago St - as Bakersfield is leaving and Dixie St and Cal Baptist are still transitioning.  It needs to add at least two and probably more full DI’s to get in compliance.

On 6/19/2019 at 7:41 PM, SiouxVolley said:

Yeah, you’re right, as you said you don’t have a clue.

You got me, no clue at all. Though to be honest, it was pretty obvious it was coming if you look at reality instead of an FBS pipe-dream that doesn't exist. I guess I'm only halfway there on the last one, just need UNC to flip its baseball program over, which it applied to do years ago but Douple ignored it (might have to take their women's swimming program as well, but easy enough). I don't think that move is imminent as the autobid isn't in danger at this point and they are at an even number currently.  You on the other hand, have absolutely nailed it....

On 4/27/2018 at 12:02 AM, jdub27 said:

The only move they may come from the Summit by July 1 is the loss of IUPUI and/or the addition of another though, possibly UMKC. There will not be any realignment announcements. 

On 4/25/2018 at 12:00 AM, jdub27 said:
  • UMKC wants out of the WAC, they are absolutely bleeding money because of the move out of the Summit and I wouldn't be surprised if they moved back
On 9/14/2018 at 9:31 AM, jdub27 said:

I don't think anyone is arguing with that point. If we're being realistic, outside of Augustana and some waivers, the solution is going to be UMKC coming back (with soccer) and UNC finally getting the baseball affiliation they requested multiple years ago.

On 1/24/2019 at 8:03 PM, SiouxVolley said:

UMKC wouldn’t return either for some of the same reasons, but Texas is more a focus just for potential students and alumni.

On 3/9/2019 at 9:10 AM, SiouxVolley said:

W Illinois will be retained for at least a year and then replaced by Augie.  PUFW and Robert Morris to the Horizon for a 12x12 challenge.  ORU to the WAC as a travel partner for UMKC.

On 3/12/2019 at 11:24 AM, SiouxVolley said:

The resident trolls have been saying that for years but will be forced to eat crow.  UMKC has had opportunity to return, but the Summit is just a D2 league according to Kansas Citians.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 6/18/2019 at 10:32 PM, SiouxVolley said:

NDSU is at the point of major embarrassment.  They have won more FCS championships than anyone, but no G5 conference interest exists.  They need to go FBS and my plan lays it out.

NDSU is not moving up to FBS. The biggest accomplishment they could hope for in FBS is 7-5 and an invite to the Whatever.Com Bowl played in mid-December on a weeknight in front of a half-full (at best) stadium on one of ESPN's channels. They aren't that stupid.

On 6/18/2019 at 10:32 PM, SiouxVolley said:

It was you who said NDSU cant go FBS without UND. So is UND the anchor around NDSUs neck and why they cant get an invite?????:lol:

11 hours ago, southpaw said:

I wish the Summit had gone for the death blow of the WAC and found some way to get NMSU on board. 

Oh well