SiouxSports.com Forum

UND's New Hockey Conference

Cratter

Every team has their share of fans who are a**holes, especially after their 15th beer, if you wear the other teams uniform to the game you're going to get a certain amount of flak regardless of if it is Grand Forks, St. Cloud, Minnesota, Denver, or wherever. With almost 12,000 fans in the Ralph every night there's going to be a few 'dickweeds' in the bunch. Don't judge the whole fanbase on the actions of a few fanatics or drunk kids.

Exactly. So why is everyone saying that ALL St. Cloud fans are menacing apes with no control? You can't have it both ways.

I actually like attending games at NHC; my in-laws live in St. Clown. SCSU has a decent program but, given the history on the nickname/protests/what its President recently represented, I think the NHC is out of the question. If SCSU were admitted, that would be a huge testament of Gino's connections and influence. If that were the case, they'd have to name a building after him or something. Even with Gino, don't think it's happening. I'd say pick up Tech, Bowling Green/Bemidji State and call it a day.

What about Western Michigan?

I like them too. Actually, they'd probably be the best outside of ND but it sounds as if they'll go elsewhere if ND does not come to the NCHC. Heck, I'd be open to UAH. If you want to see a grateful program that would pour money into it from alumni and area supporters, UAH would be it. Competitive-wise, not there but commitment-wise I think they are. Remind me of UNO of about 12 to 15 years ago.

UND's fan base is bad, are you kidding me. The Sioux faithful are the best fans in college hockey!!! THere is no denying it. They travel the best and they treat fans the best in their home arena. I have been to St. Cloud for games and never surprised by the fans, from the jack wagons outside telling me I am a racist to the a-holes inside that are just plain rude. If you want to find bad fans I suggest you look at UMTC or Michigan(by far the worst fans).

UND fans travel the best, but they are far from being the most cordial to visiting fans. Your problem is that your "bad fans" are REALLY bad.

And get over the 20 protestors that would come protest UND's nickname.

UND fans travel the best, but they are far from being the most cordial to visiting fans. Your problem is that your "bad fans" are REALLY bad.

And get over the 20 protestors that would come protest UND's nickname.

Why get over the 20 idiots it adds to the stupidity of going to a game there.

Let me clear that up for you.

Sioux fans support and follow their team better than any other team in college hockey.

I don't give a rats ass whose fans win 'Miss Congeniality'.

This is more recent than historical. Was not that long ago there was not a large group of fans that ever traveled. Also it was not that long ago that the old Ralph failed to sell out most games. Tickets were available right up to game time and after.

Why get over the 20 idiots it adds to the stupidity of going to a game there.

Well I don't like going to games at the Ralph after it snows. Walking on those marble floors is a lawsuit just waiting to happen.

But I get it...all UND fans and players are little angels and it's a huge conspiracy to turn people against them.

Well I don't like going to games at the Ralph after it snows. Walking on those marble floors is a lawsuit just waiting to happen.

But I get it...all UND fans and players are little angels and it's a huge conspiracy to turn people against them.

It' much nicer to walk on the concrete floors of the National Hockey Center. :silly:

I don't understand why this thread won't end. We get it, some Sioux fans are a-holes, and some Husky fans are a-holes. Sioux fans don't want to play in a league with St.Cloud, and Husky fans don't want to play in a league with UND. Sounds like we all agree, and with UND moving to the NCHC and St.Cloud staying in the WCHA, sounds like we all may get our wish (not counting women's games, which is a separate issue entirely). So let's just move on. When the argument has gotten to the point that we're ripping each others flooring choices, it's time to stop.

I don't understand why this thread won't end. We get it, some Sioux fans are a-holes, and some Husky fans are a-holes. Sioux fans don't want to play in a league with St.Cloud, and Husky fans don't want to play in a league with UND. Sounds like we all agree, and with UND moving to the NCHC and St.Cloud staying in the WCHA, sounds like we all may get our wish (not counting women's games, which is a separate issue entirely). So let's just move on. When the argument has gotten to the point that we're ripping each others flooring choices, it's time to stop.

It's the off-season, Francis. :glare::silly:

It seems like you don't understand my point. I never said it wasn't pretty...I said it's slippery and dangerous.

You idiot.

I was making a joke, think about this; you're a fan of a programs that has an ugly arena at best, many fans refer to it as the Concrete Center and you're making fun of the REA. Do you see the moronic irony in your statement? I thought it was funny, but for some reason you have your under wear bunched up... This is the reason why some of us don't want to be associated with SCSU in the new league. I am tired of going to a bar when UND and SCSU have played a game and have to remove myself from a conversation I didn't want to be in but was cornered by some big (size wise) drunk slob that wanted to start a fight because I wouldn't admit that Lammy's a goon...

Edited by Goon

It seems like you don't understand my point. I never said it wasn't pretty...I said it's slippery and dangerous.

You idiot.

Interesting, in all my years going to the REA, I don't think I've ever seen anyone slip on the marble. Even during the winter months. Hell, I think the only way I'd slip is if there is a sizable amount of water on the marble and I've pounded down quite a bit of alcohol.

It's the off-season, Francis. :glare::silly:

Fair enough - but can we at least rip them based on the product they put on the ice, like the 0 regular season championships and 1 lonely WCHA final five championship title in 22 years in the league, to go along with their 0 NCAA tourny wins and 0 frozen four appearances. After all, that's what this is all about, right? The product on the ice? (For the record, during the sames 22 season span, UND has 7 regular season championships, 5 WCHA final five championships, 2 national championships, a slough of NCAA tourney wins, and 7 frozen four appearances).

This thread is 'UND's New Hockey Conference', not 'Where's St.Cloud Waldo?', enough about why the Clowns weren't, aren't, won't be invited to join the NCHC or who has the meaner fans, it doesn't matter to us anymore.

I know a lot of Huskie fans are butt-hurt about not being invited, but rather than come on here and bitch about it or use the "I didn't want to play there anyway" line, concentrate on something constructive like winning the new WCHA and making the NCAA tournament...those would be positive goals to move towards and they are very attainable.

Now back to the NCHC thread...

EDIT: I got sidetracked halfway through my post and Jim beat me to it, see what happens when you don't stay on task? :lol:

We obviously don't want to sit with a 6 team conference for too long. We've speculated about all the Western schools, but is there any way that any or all of the four Atlantic Hockey schools that looked into jumping to the CCHA (Canisius, Mercyhurst, Niagara and Robert Morris) might move to the NCHC now that the CCHA is all but gone? And for that matter, would we want them? On the positive side, they seem eager to spend more on hockey.

Just to make sure I have an understanding of what is going on with St. Cloud....They thought they were going to be involved in the talks for the new conference talks which they would have turned down anyway, so now they are campaigning to be invited again so they can officially turn it down?