SiouxSports.com Forum

UND's New Hockey Conference

Cratter

In terms of academics both schools are more "like institutions" that are already in the NCHC. You guys wouldn't be dropping $15,000 a month on Gino if you didn't think there was a chance of you getting in. I feel bad for the St. Cloud fans, I honestly do, but there is way to much bad blood for me or any true Sioux fan to want to be in a conference with the likes of St. Cloud.

Personally I feel the same way, I want nothing to do with them once the WCHA is over, maybe a series once in a while but I dont want to see them four times a year anymore and I hope that our schools are not really considering letting them into the NCHC. We may want to write the NCHC ADs and urge them not to accept them into the league

Edited by Goon

I don't WANT to be in "the National." But even if we DID join, we'd bring a heck of a lot more to the table than MTU or BGSU like that other doofus was suggesting.

Both BG and Tech have at least one Title, and NC$$ tourney wins. Then again, "participation" seems to be SCCC's forte, as evidenced by all of the banners in the rafters. I haven't been to the NCC for years, do they still hang banners from local businesses to cover the concrete?

As a practical matter, given former-President Saigo's campaign against the Sioux name/logo, if UND never played them again in any sport it would be too soon. I see no reason to drag that albatross into a new conference of any stripe.

Both BG and Tech have at least one Title, and NC$$ tourney wins. Then again, "participation" seems to be SCCC's forte, as evidenced by all of the banners in the rafters. I haven't been to the NCC for years, do they still hang banners from local businesses to cover the concrete?

I understand that MTU has won NCAA Titles. But all of them are from before I was born and they haven't had a winning season in almost 20 years. Nevermind the fact that they're out in the middle of nowhere. I understand that we stink the the tournament. Please beat that dead horse some more. I understand that you guys don't like us. You've actually surpassed the Gophers for my least favorite team/fanbase. But you simply cannot tell me that MTU would make more sense than SCSU in the NCHC.

Look at this...I don't want any part of your stupid little conference, but you have me arguing why we should be in over other teams. lol

As a practical matter, given former-President Saigo's campaign against the Sioux name/logo, if UND never played them again in any sport it would be too soon. I see no reason to drag that albatross into a new conference of any stripe.

I live in the cities and try to make it to most series we play at SCSU, Mankato and sometimes UM. I think SCSU just recently (in the last few years) added backs to their bleacher seats....but the crown jewel of the NCC is the video board. I don't know what the deal is, but the camera appeared to only move in one direction (up, down, left, right) at a time, so it was incredibly funny watching them move it around...or at least it was two years ago....we thought it was broken or something as it tried to follow a student around the 'dog pound'...

Hopefully we hear some news soon, we're getting pretty bored on these forums :unsure:

I understand that MTU has won NCAA Titles. But all of them are from before I was born and they haven't had a winning season in almost 20 years. Nevermind the fact that they're out in the middle of nowhere. I understand that we stink the the tournament. Please beat that dead horse some more. I understand that you guys don't like us. You've actually surpassed the Gophers for my least favorite team/fanbase. But you simply cannot tell me that MTU would make more sense than SCSU in the NCHC.

Look at this...I don't want any part of your stupid little conference, but you have me arguing why we should be in over other teams. lol

UND's fan base is bad, are you kidding me. The Sioux faithful are the best fans in college hockey!!! THere is no denying it. They travel the best and they treat fans the best in their home arena. I have been to St. Cloud for games and never surprised by the fans, from the jack wagons outside telling me I am a racist to the a-holes inside that are just plain rude. If you want to find bad fans I suggest you look at UMTC or Michigan(by far the worst fans).

Honestly, a great indication of how Air Force would perform in the NCHC will be coming up in October during the Ice Breakers tournament. I tend to agree with you though, I don't think they could handle the competition in the National. WOuld love to see their name on the roster though.

I doubt you'll get a very good indication of how the Air Force team really is during the tournament. They play a completely different style when they're matching up against WCHA teams than when they play AHA games. You'll see them skate fast and finish a lot of checks during the tournament. They'll be very similar to most WCHA teams. However, over the past two years, they tend to not finish checks or cycle during league games. It's just the different styles of the leagues. They can stay with WCHA teams for a tournament, but over a season I wouldn't be surprised to see them in 10th or so in the WCHA.

They should be a good team this year, however very young.

UND's fan base is bad, are you kidding me. The Sioux faithful are the best fans in college hockey!!! THere is no denying it. They travel the best and they treat fans the best in their home arena. I have been to St. Cloud for games and never surprised by the fans, from the jack wagons outside telling me I am a racist to the a-holes inside that are just plain rude. If you want to find bad fans I suggest you look at UMTC or Michigan(by far the worst fans).

Ranking the "best" fan bases is obviously very subjective yet you say there is "no denying it" when claiming UND has the best. And have you ever attended a game at the Ralph dressed in a Gopher Jersey? Try it one time and then try to claim with a straight face that you guys treat opposing fans the best.

• Upvote 1

Ranking the "best" fan bases is obviously very subjective yet you say there is "no denying it" when claiming UND has the best. And have you ever attended a game at the Ralph dressed in a Gopher Jersey? Try it one time and then try to claim with a straight face that you guys treat opposing fans the best.

What a weak example of trying to discredit a fanbase as not being the best in treating opposing fans. You are a fan of a major rival school, of course you are going to be heckled by some d-bags. Just like I am every time I wear a Sioux jersey at the Mariucci.

Either way though, I do agree with you on the ranking of fanbases. It is totally in the eye of the beholder.

Quit whining. You made it out alive, didn't you. :silly::lol:

You were just showering love and kindness onto everyone and everything while at the Ralph, right?

I sat next to a Gopher fan at The Ralph one time. Complete drunken jerk. It would have been miserable if Holy Cross had lost.

What a weak example of trying to discredit a fanbase as not being the best in treating opposing fans. You are a fan of a major rival school, of course you are going to be heckled by some d-bags. Just like I am every time I wear a Sioux jersey at the Mariucci.

Either way though, I do agree with you on the ranking of fanbases. It is totally in the eye of the beholder.

Remember 7>5 is the one who made the comment "they treat fans the best in their home arena" He has his opinion but he also is not an opposing fan in his home arena.

This. Mean? Nasty? Spiteful? Hell yes. Actions have consequences, and payback can be a real ... live with them, Clowns.

And remember: SCSU still has money issues. They were considering cutting sports (football) not that long ago. I'd say that's not an organization in a position to make a serious commitment to hockey that the NCHC claims to be part of their desired demographic.

Oh really? Your own fans are the best? Guess how much that shocks me.

In all honesty, nobody has a bigger more loyal fan base in college hockey than UND. I'm not just saying that because I'm a fan, I'm saying it because it's a fact. I think it's great that you support SCSU to the point you're in denial about how things in the real world actually work. Let's see how loyal your fan base is when the likes of Ferris State, Lake Superior, and Northern Michigan come to the Concrete Center every year.

Let me clear that up for you.

Sioux fans support and follow their team better than any other team in college hockey.

I don't give a rats ass whose fans win 'Miss Congeniality'.

I'm not saying they're not good fans for the Sioux.

I'm saying they're dickweeds.

that makes st. clown fans what? I realize I am biased but I have also witnessed a lot of fan bases in The Ralph and I have been to other arenas where I have had stuff thrown at me and my wife I have had people yell at my 5 year old son and call him names for being a Sioux fan. I have also been to the Ralph and been around other teams fans and had a great time with them. So my point is you do not know Shi%$

• Upvote 1

I'm not saying they're not good fans for the Sioux.

I'm saying they're dickweeds.

Every team has their share of fans who are a**holes, especially after their 15th beer, if you wear the other teams uniform to the game you're going to get a certain amount of flak regardless of if it is Grand Forks, St. Cloud, Minnesota, Denver, or wherever. With almost 12,000 fans in the Ralph every night there's going to be a few 'dickweeds' in the bunch. Don't judge the whole fanbase on the actions of a few fanatics or drunk kids.