SiouxSports.com Forum

New Nickname

ShilohSioux

319 members have voted

1. 1. What name should replace "Fighting Sioux" after it's retired?

• Aviators or Pilots
    • Cavalry
    • Nodaks
    • Nokotas
    • Norse, Nordics, Fighting Norsemen
    • Outlaws
    • Plainsmen
    • Rangers
    • Rough Riders
    • Other

The new Hockey conference needs to get a team in a warmer climate so I can move there. Too bad the Ralph can't be moved too

IF SL loses - Instead get the Chicago Blackhawks to bring in a AHL team & call them the Fighting Sioux & UND can lease them the Ralph, if or when they ever get the place

You really are quite delusional, aren't you.

I hope you name changers ...

You keep using that misnomer.

Leigh Jeanotte and his ilk (the 'notte-heads) are "name changers".

You may refer to me (and I'm assuming '82, ira, ScottM, et al) as Pragmatists: we don't want to change the name, but changing it is the lesser or two evils.

You want the name even if the impacts (sanctions) kill the UND Athletic department: Moniker or die.

North Dakota Hockey fans will keep coming out. What are you.

• Upvote 1

I want to enjoy Ralph's gift the way he intended it to be

I can just see the ncaa & UND Admin. to keep pressuring the Ralph Arena folks to change it over to what ever name is chosen - They should never budge - But a AHL Team makes sense - I wonder how much that would cost & I see most AHL teams only average 6 to 7K Fans - so 10 or 11K should be attractive

I will always be a fan no mater what happions with the name change. I do; however, what this name change stuff to be quite. I was chewed out by many of you that the name change must happon. Then many of you said that we will be North Dakota for a few years to sort out things and let Sioux fans ajust. So please again let us adjust and stopp this name game for at least a year or so.

I want to enjoy Ralph's gift the way he intended it to be

I can just see the ncaa & UND Admin. to keep pressuring the Ralph Arena folks to change it over to what ever name is chosen - They should never budge - But a AHL Team makes sense - I wonder how much that would cost & I see most AHL teams only average 6 to 7K Fans - so 10 or 11K should be attractive

Yes, I'm quite sure Ralph Engelstad intended for the arena bearing his name to be the home of an AHL team and not UND. :silly:

I will always be a fan no mater what happions with the name change. I do; however, what this name change stuff to be quite. I was chewed out by many of you that the name change must happon. Then many of you said that we will be North Dakota for a few years to sort out things and let Sioux fans ajust. So please again let us adjust and stopp this name game for at least a year or so.

"I do; however, what this name change stuff to be quite." What the hell does this sentence mean?

I hope your application letter to UND is written a whole heck of alot better than this.

• Upvote 1

Want this name stuff to end. I do have scholar leaders and uplift workers that check my spelling for important things thank you. By the way I am going into Media so just wait. Way to be supporting.

You're going into the "media"?

Okay. we will wait.

and wait.

and wait.

and wait.

and wait some more...

and continue waiting...

:crazy:

Did any of you sign the petition?

None of you must know Mrs. Patti Patry do you? To bad she taught me to do what ou could no matter how little people agreed or liked what you were doing. She was a special ed. teacher at Twinning if any of you know Teachers from the base.

Let's be the Fighting Norwegians. I have no problem with it. The NC$$ has no problem with the Fighting Irish so it should be ok.

Or the Norske. I think only one other school, in Kentucky, uses it. Fighting Norske... That wouldn't be so bad. But, the NC$$ probably wouldn't like the ethnic imagery..

Did any of you sign the petition?

None of you must know Mrs. Patti Patry do you? To bad she taught me to do what ou could no matter how little people agreed or liked what you were doing. She was a special ed. teacher at Twinning if any of you know Teachers from the base.

No.

And yes, know her quite well (personally, not professionally). What's your point?

You are kind of all over the map. Very few here are happy about changing the nickname. But, at this point it is what is best for the University. And that is unfortunate that you don't want anything to do with talking about a new nickname, but most of us are concerned and know that the choosing of a new nickname can't be put in the wrong people's hands.

jdub27 My point to you is that when people put me down for my mistakes; they should pay attention to what I am trying to say. Our friend had the same problems growing up and now she is changing the lives of her old students. By the way if you do know her please tell her MM FROM TWINNING is going into media thanks to her.

jdub27 My point to you is that when people put me down for my mistakes; they should pay attention to what I am trying to say. Our friend had the same problems growing up and now she is changing the lives of her old students. By the way if you do know her please tell her MM FROM TWINNING is going into media thanks to her.

Major gramatical and spelilng mistakes take away from the message. It causes too much static and interference in trying to decipher what you may be trying to say. Which may or may not be relavent. Who knows?

If you are serious about being a member of the "media", you need to clean it up. That's reality.