SiouxSports.com Forum

New Nickname

ShilohSioux

319 members have voted

1. 1. What name should replace "Fighting Sioux" after it's retired?

• Aviators or Pilots
    • Cavalry
    • Nodaks
    • Nokotas
    • Norse, Nordics, Fighting Norsemen
    • Outlaws
    • Plainsmen
    • Rangers
    • Rough Riders
    • Other

I wonder if we can be called the UND Fighting U. (during our cool off period). That way they can say here come your Fighting U!!!!!!! University of North Dakota Fighting U scoring! Fight on U (instead of Fight on Sioux). Just having UND and nothing else isn't going to work.

The Fighting Ewe ..............I like it

I would bet that they're going to use "the Fighting Spirit" nickname. Totally lame.

I'd be willing to bet dollars to donut holes that "Fighting" will not be a part of the new nickname.

Wildcatters or Roughnecks would be best. UND is representative of the whole state and not just the Eastern part of the state so "Roughnecks" would be entirely appropriate. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think that one's in use. Maybe it is in use in Wyoming or Texas?

• Upvote 1

If you're going that theme why not ... SCOUNDRELS

Yeah, I know everyone would call UND "dirty rotten ... "

This is one of the few I actually like. There would nothing bad about fan of other teams calling us dirty rotten SCOUNDRELS because we always beat 'em.

Wildcatters or Roughnecks would be best. UND is representative of the whole state and not just the Eastern part of the state so "Roughnecks" would be entirely appropriate. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think that one's in use. Maybe it is in use in Wyoming or Texas?

There are a lot of Wildcats, but I couldn't find any Wildcatters in college sports. The University of Findlay, a small private school in Ohio, is the only college I can find that uses Roughnecks. They only use it for their wrestling team. It looks like they use Oilers for the other sports.

Wildcatters could use the UND flame for the "i" in Wildcatters, symbolizing the burn-off flare.

Well, I don't really care what the new nickname will be, or if there even is a new one. I bought a bunch of stuff with the Sioux moniker yesterday from the Sioux Shop. :)

I was at the Sioux Shop yesterday and the lady at the counter said they got the deadline extended to order Sioux merchandise until December.

i got Hayduke on board!!!! Sica ur next....as for the reapers what would your logo look like? a scythe or a drone? and remember whatever the new logo, nickname, and mascot it has to make und money!!! a cool sounding name is one thing but to actually make a logo that would sell is another thing.

Honestly reapers is a stupid idea. Too new and trendy sounding. Naming your team after a USAF vehicle? That is something I'd expect from an Arena League team. How dumb would it sound in twenty years when A.) they might not be associated with 'reapers' at GFAFB anymore, and B.) they are outdated vehicles.

You wouldn't name your team the "Phantoms" because a local Air Force Base has a squadron of F-4's. You wouldn't call your team the Warthogs because the local base has A-10 Tankbusters. Or the "Flying Fortresses." Just my opinion.

Bring back the Flickertails. A.) State animal correct? and B.) adorable little guys.