SiouxSports.com Forum

POLL: Should UND-NDSU Resume the Football Series?

ShilohSioux

220 members have voted

1. 1. Should UND and NDSU Resume the Football Series?

• Yes, play the game annually
    • On occassion, but not annually
    • No, we've gone our separate ways so let's focus on building new rivalries

Don't overthink this.

The two teams are 70 miles apart with two passionate fan bases. Historically, the games between these two have been exceptional in terms of atmosphere. It should be played EVERY YEAR. The different conference crap is just that, crap.

Florida State - Florida

Iowa - Iowa State

Utah - Utah State

Georgia - Georgia Tech

Colorado - Colorado State

The list goes on and on. The reason this game is not going on is entirely because of Gene Taylor and NDSU. Any NDSU fan that denies that is delusional. I agree NDSU has everything to lose and UND everything to gain in this game, but just admit NDSU acknowledges that and won't sign a contract to play.

The game should be played annually. Get over all the background crap and get it done.!

I agree with you, but you make the very point as to why it isn't done. To get it done, both parties need to want it done. That isn't the case right now.

• 2 weeks later...

UND had the chance to keep the rivalry going when NDSU moved up, they chose not to keep it going so it is on UND to make it happen again. Maybe UND offers to play the first 5 years in the Fargo Dome and then every 2nd year the game goest to the pole barn in Grand forks?

UND had the chance to keep the rivalry going when NDSU moved up, they chose not to keep it going so it is on UND to make it happen again. Maybe UND offers to play the first 5 years in the Fargo Dome and then every 2nd year the game goest to the pole barn in Grand forks?

Do we have to go through this all again - of course FU wanted the game to continue they had just gone through a decade of losing just about every game to UND, the Flagship School in the state, FU had more scholarships, had scheduling issues and a transition schedule to fill, while UND was playing for playoffs and needed games that counted - FU had everything to gain. Of course now the shoe is on the other foot but at least the scholarship playing field is equal. The reality is there are just as many people who don't care if they play every year and some don't care if they ever play again (with the current FU AD being #1).

It's been shared ad nasium by FU fans that there is no benefit to FU in playing the game - probably right. There is also no benefit to UND to play the game in Fargo. UND had one of the best schedules in FCS last year - it would have been nice to win more of the games but the schedule was great and would not have improved with a road game to FU.

And no need for revisionist snide remarks from trolls - yes FU has the better team on paper and would probably beat UND handily right now - but the reality is until the game is played on the field it is a mythical victory (and based on other sports results it's one the FU AG is wanting to leave it at that.).

First 5 years in the FD and every 2nd year in GF?? Just troll somewhere else. UND has their schedule almost complete from 2014-2018 with 3 empty spots left, we don't need NDSU (especially with a crappy proposal that you came up with), and the last deal was BF agreeing to a 2015 in Fargo and 2017 in GF, the deal was sent to Gene Taylor where he didn't sign. Good try blaming UND for all of this. Bisonville is that way--->

• Upvote 1

GT stated a few years ago that they would never play as long as he is at NDSU.

What do you mean? NDSU plays UND in almost every sport, except for Softball. Why not softball? I heard BF say that he would never play NDSU in softball, but I didn't report it. :lol:

The arrogance of the Fargo fans and administrators will keep the rivalry from getting renewed. Perhaps next year or the year after that, when the Ag School falls back down to earth and the fans/administrators get their heads out of the clouds, something can get done. This game should be played every year. Schools are both FCS, very close to each other, and the game has a vast history. Not to mention it would be sold out every time. It's the delusional Fargo administrators who think they're in the Big 12 or something that don't want to play.

What do you mean? NDSU plays UND in almost every sport, except for Softball. Why not softball? I heard BF say that he would never play NDSU in softball, but I didn't report it. :lol:

Sorry I wasn't more clear. For those of you that need everything spelled out for you (AC grads or flunkies) he was talking about football.

First 5 years in the FD and every 2nd year in GF?? Just troll somewhere else. UND has their schedule almost complete from 2014-2018 with 3 empty spots left, we don't need NDSU (especially with a crappy proposal that you came up with), and the last deal was BF agreeing to a 2015 in Fargo and 2017 in GF, the deal was sent to Gene Taylor where he didn't sign. Good try blaming UND for all of this. Bisonville is that way--->

Are those empty spots like the Band seats? The Empty band seats :lol:

Are we sure the Fargodome would be available to use? Seems like NDSU doesn't have priority for using it.

• Upvote 1

I want the teams to play. Up until recently, I wanted it to be annually. Now I think every third year or so would be OK. Financially, it makes it hard to justify every year. It is fun to play a variety of teams. If 3 times a decade makes it more doable then let's do it that way.

The game needs to be played annually. I don't care what school you root for, both teams and fan bases would rather see each other on the schedule than Valpo or whoever else with the expection of the FU AD from what I'm lead to believe. Growing up, those games were better than anything else UND could put on even in hockey. Better than even Minnesota or Denver hockey series. Right now, obviously FU would have the huge upper hand, but the gap will close, how much, I don't know. Think about the generation of kids missing out on this right now, it's only a story their parents can tell.

The game needs to be played annually. I don't care what school you root for, both teams and fan bases would rather see each other on the schedule than Valpo or whoever else with the expection of the FU AD from what I'm lead to believe. Growing up, those games were better than anything else UND could put on even in hockey. Better than even Minnesota or Denver hockey series. Right now, obviously FU would have the huge upper hand, but the gap will close, how much, I don't know. Think about the generation of kids missing out on this right now, it's only a story their parents can tell.

I agree with you but it just won't happen (annual game). I would rather get some games then wait for something to happen that won't. It sucks. I would have this game circled every year. but alas, I think the train has left until/if we end up in the same conference. Hopefully someday UND and su are in the same conference and we play annually.

UND doesn't want a date with NDSU ever! Can you imagine the beating they would take???

Have you also lost your way from Bison-swille? What buffalo pie have you been hiding under. What nothing to talk about over there this week? Yes, FU trolls we know you have a great team this year, we know we get the fans, why can't you just be happy about that on your own site instead of daily having to come here and pump your chest. It just continues to perpetuate your immaturity, your inferiority complex and your need to constantly feed your ego. Run, be free, leave the basement and be among your own kind that want to hear it.

• Upvote 2

UND doesn't want a date with NDSU ever! Can you imagine the beating they would take???

http://www.kxnet.com...rivalry-in-2015

UND athletic director Brian Faison responded today, saying UND will be sending out contracts to NDSU next Monday.

The two dates they're looking at are September 19th, 2015 in Fargo and September 9th, 2017 in Grand Forks.

Faison says everything is still tentative until contracts are signed, but he thinks they can make it happen.

Although there is a little contention over how often they should play.

There's no plans yet to make it a long term contract.

We hope to hear more on the story, and possible contract signings next week.

Yep UND doesn't want any part of NDSU, that's why the last deal was sent to GT for him to sign but guess what....he didn't. Seems like he wants no date with UND. Now I know its Christmas Vacation but I think mommy and daddy needs to take the computer away from you, now go play with your Legos.