SiouxSports.com Forum

POLL: Should UND-NDSU Resume the Football Series?

ShilohSioux

220 members have voted

1. 1. Should UND and NDSU Resume the Football Series?

• Yes, play the game annually
    • On occassion, but not annually
    • No, we've gone our separate ways so let's focus on building new rivalries

Seems to me that UND cares a lot more about getting NDSU back on the schedule rather than vice versa. Why is that?

They sell out no matter who they play in non-conference. If they can keep that going, why sign a home and home when they can keep 7 home dates every year with sellouts? A side benefit...recruiting. By not playing, or acknowledging the other FCS school in the state, they feel they keep a recruiting advantage.

It wouldn't surprise me if they didn't sign a contract until they see their attendance slip and/or UND improves and becomes more of a threat in recruiting.

In the meantime, I encourage The University of Wyoming Coach, Craig Bohl, to poach as many University of Agriculture and Applied Science potential players that can play at the FBS level. You get 'em Mr. Clean!

• Upvote 1

Any quotes to back that up?

Yea, just look at this board! UND posters are incensed that NDSU won't play UND...and NDSU's response seems to be 'meh...we'll keep busy with the playoffs and attempt to win our 3rd national championship...you guys just keep whining about why we won't play you and how we're scared to do so.'

Kinda like the Gophers and UND hockey...which program is more 'on the map' this year after the WCHA conference shake-up? If I didn't know any better, thanks to the lack of NCHC coverage in the TC media (as expected), I would think UND dropped hockey altogether as opposed to changed conferences. My thought is the same with NDSU not caring about having UND on the football schedule...out of sight, out of mind.

Yea, just look at this board! UND posters are incensed that NDSU won't play UND...and NDSU's response seems to be 'meh...we'll keep busy with the playoffs and attempt to win our 3rd national championship...you guys just keep whining about why we won't play you and how we're scared to do so.'

Kinda like the Gophers and UND hockey...which program is more 'on the map' this year after the WCHA conference shake-up? If I didn't know any better, thanks to the lack of NCHC coverage in the TC media (as expected), I would think UND dropped hockey altogether as opposed to changed conferences. My thought is the same with NDSU not caring about having UND on the football schedule...out of sight, out of mind.

So your basing your opinion of each fanbase on a couple handfulls of posters on a fan board who post under a fake name? When you say "you guys" you mean 2 or 3 guys on this board?

So your basing your opinion of each fanbase on a couple handfulls of posters on a fan board who post under a fake name? When you say "you guys" you mean 2 or 3 guys on this board?

Good grief, homer, I was paraphrasing what NDSU's opinion was. Did you not notice the ' marks?

Except that half of the comments on this subject are from FU trolls whether their nickname reveals that or not, and they are here posting during the weeks before their team plays for a national championship and you can easily find twice as many threads and posts that mention UND on Bison-swille as here.

When FU kicks the extra point in that soccer stadium, does it have to go in the goal or over it?

77045145-1906360.jpg

Pretty funny...but Chris Mussman would probably give his right arm to be playing in that stadium this weekend. And so would plenty of Sioux fans.

I'm actually a fan of both teams. so I can honestly say UND sucks!! They used to be a power house in all sports but now ever since the nick name controversy they have lost their fight. I wish UND would have fought to keep the nickname because now when most fans think of UND we think of giving up and losing.

Sorry but it is true.

I'm actually a fan of both teams. so I can honestly say UND sucks!! They used to be a power house in all sports but now ever since the nick name controversy they have lost their fight. I wish UND would have fought to keep the nickname because now when most fans think of UND we think of giving up and losing.

Sorry but it is true.

The nickname did it and nothing else? Nope...it comes down to coaching

Sorry but it is true.

I bet you are.

I voted annually. You're natural rivals. UC Davis and Sac State play every year even though for many years we were in different conferences. The same for Cal Poly. Attracts a larger crowd and increases interest in both teams. What other rivalry on your board would create 157 pages of responses?

Sorry but it is true.

I call BS sorry - joined in November - six posts, mostly negative, now all nicey nicey. You must be on break from Moo U and got an Ipad for Christmas. Go back to the video games in your parent's basement.
  • Upvote 1

Pretty funny...but Chris Mussman would probably give his right arm to be playing in that stadium this weekend. And so would plenty of Sioux fans.

I wish they were there too. But, I gotta have my fun!

I hope in the future they play in a real football stadium. That's kinda weak having it at the FC Dallas stadium.