SiouxSports.com Forum

POLL: Should UND-NDSU Resume the Football Series?

ShilohSioux

220 members have voted

1. 1. Should UND and NDSU Resume the Football Series?

• Yes, play the game annually
    • On occassion, but not annually
    • No, we've gone our separate ways so let's focus on building new rivalries

Knowing the schools that were being discussed, the money would have been similar.

Obviously, as both a UND and Wyoming fan, I hope that Bohl is successful at Wyoming. But, there is a weird "tradition" at UW for coaches that succeed. They get bought out and move onto major schools. Devaney and Solich were Wyoming coaches before the Cornhuskers signed them. Would not surprise me if in about three years Bohl goes to Nebraska to close out his coaching career.

Please elaborate more on FU being the project of ESPN.

Pay attention to reality, my comment doesn't require elaboration.

Ever seen another FCS school have college gameday?

ESPN has been throwing out comments about NDSU on sportscenter all fall. Analysts are commenting on NDSU games. Chris Fowler has been commenting publicly all year about NDSU. Scott Van Pelt keeps an NDSU helmet at his desk routinely on his show.

ESPN decides who to hype in the sports world and this fall they have decided to make NDSU relevant, relatively of course.

I wonder how loud the thud will be in Fago when the Turd play .500 next year? Bohl was itching to get out knowing the drop off in talent coming next season.

Absolutely. He couldn't wait to sign for the big $$$ and go to a program on its way up.

That's one captain that didn't stick around to go down with the ship.

• Upvote 1

I wonder how loud the thud will be in Fago when the Turd play .500 next year? Bohl was itching to get out knowing the drop off in talent coming next season.

Doesn't it get disappointing waiting for NDSU to fall? I see NDSU going .500 next year is going to be the UND rallying cry this offseason. I remember last offseason it was "wait til you go to manhattan and a real football team embarrasses you".

Doesn't it get disappointing waiting for NDSU to fall? I see NDSU going .500 next year is going to be the UND rallying cry this offseason. I remember last offseason it was "wait til you go to manhattan and a real football team embarrasses you".

I know right?

The crying and mooing will be heard loud and clear 70 miles north of the Fago dome. How many decades was it that it took Moo U to win a playoff game in the dome?

I'd try to reply but I'm not sure what youre even talking about. Are you ?

The crying and mooing will be heard loud and clear 70 miles north of the Fago dome. How many decades was it that it took Moo U to win a playoff game in the dome?

This may be a shock to you, but you might want to check the numbers on playoff wins for the home team in each of the schools respective indoor stadiums.

Pay attention to reality, my comment doesn't require elaboration.

ESPN has been throwing out comments about NDSU on sportscenter all fall. Analysts are commenting on NDSU games. Chris Fowler has been commenting publicly all year about NDSU. Scott Van Pelt keeps an NDSU helmet at his desk routinely on his show.

ESPN decides who to hype in the sports world and this fall they have decided to make NDSU relevant, relatively of course.

Haha, thank you for the elaboration. Makes sense. ESPN went to Northwestern this year and I have seen 3 or 4- 10 minute segments on their coach in the last few weeks and different aspects of their program. They are the FBS project this year.

Also, I hate to break this to you but Scott Van Pelt routinely has FCS helmets on his desk. No, UND has not been on there but I have seen Towson, Illinois St. and Lafayette recently. Lafayette and Towson more than once. I believe he has even referred to FU as Northern Iowa on his show so he clearly is pumping the program.

FU is solid this year. You guys have done some great things on the field that are worth mentioning when talking about college football. I wouldn't look into it anymore than that. They love FU so much they are kicking off the college football season on ESPN next year right?

Haha, thank you for the elaboration. Makes sense. ESPN went to Northwestern this year and I have seen 3 or 4- 10 minute segments on their coach in the last few weeks and different aspects of their program. They are the FBS project this year.

Also, I hate to break this to you but Scott Van Pelt routinely has FCS helmets on his desk. No, UND has not been on there but I have seen Towson, Illinois St. and Lafayette recently. Lafayette and Towson more than once. I believe he has even referred to FU as Northern Iowa on his show so he clearly is pumping the program.

FU is solid this year. You guys have done some great things on the field that are worth mentioning when talking about college football. I wouldn't look into it anymore than that. They love FU so much they are kicking off the college football season on ESPN next year right?

So, there is another fcs school in the history of fcs football that has gotten as much attention as ndsu has this year?

So, there is another fcs school in the history of fcs football that has gotten as much attention as ndsu has this year?

Appalacian St. is still better known in the FCS world than FU. Their win over Michigan still gets replayed on ESPN networks. No they did not get gameday, but I bet they got mentioned more times that year than FU did this year or possibly the last couple combined.

I am not trying to take anything away from FU and their recent success. It is solid. I think the media darling comment was pretty funny.

Appalacian St. is still better known in the FCS world than FU. Their win over Michigan still gets replayed on ESPN networks. No they did not get gameday, but I bet they got mentioned more times that year than FU did this year or possibly the last couple combined.

I am not trying to take anything away from FU and their recent success. It is solid. I think the media darling comment was pretty funny.

Appalachian state still better known? Agree to disagree.

Michigan is a far more stories program than k-state. That win gets more attention because of michigan not app state.

As far as being a "media darling" don't make this out to be a straw man, because I'm not biting. I said espn has decided to make NDSU relevant this year, relatively speaking. I completely stand behind that comment.

Appalachian state still better known? Agree to disagree.

Michigan is a far more stories program than k-state. That win gets more attention because of michigan not app state.

As far as being a "media darling" don't make this out to be a straw man, because I'm not biting. I said espn has decided to make NDSU relevant this year, relatively speaking. I completely stand behind that comment.

App. St was the opponent in the game, therefore they got/get the attention. And since it was against Michigan, App St. got more media that year than FU got this year. Even without gameday.

App. St was the opponent in the game, therefore they got/get the attention. And since it was against Michigan, App St. got more media that year than FU got this year. Even without gameday.

If you say so. You say Gameday doesn't give NDSU the nod, I say that is the exact point that shows NDSU has received more attention than any other fcs program in history. Not sure how one goes about measuring such things. Given both of us are in positions of bias, I would say we are at an impasse.

Enjoy the offseason.

Yes.

College GameDay has visited three other FCS matchups in recent history: Hampton at Florida A&M on Nov. 15, 2008 – the shows first HBCU site; Grambling vs. Southern at the Bayou Classic on Nov. 26, 2005; and at Penn for the Harvard game on Nov. 16, 2002.

• Upvote 1

As far as the rest of the fcs is concerned, the 6 teams in those games aren't even a part of the subdivision, no playoffs. They are FCS teams who hosted, which invalidates your point point that NDSU it's only one to have hosted.

So technically, yes, they are fcs. Good job.

It was your question, not mine. And as far as the rest of the sports following world cares, they are FCS and don't care about your "technicality", which goes against the point you were trying to make.

2009 wasn't decades ago. I know Bison fans love to erase that year and the one before it from memory but it still exists.

It was your question, not mine. And as far as the rest of the sports following world cares, they are FCS and don't care about your "technicality", which goes against the point you were trying to make.

My point was that no fcs team has ever received as much media attention in a year than ndsu, which I stand by.