SiouxSports.com Forum

POLL: Should UND-NDSU Resume the Football Series?

ShilohSioux

220 members have voted

1. 1. Should UND and NDSU Resume the Football Series?

• Yes, play the game annually
    • On occassion, but not annually
    • No, we've gone our separate ways so let's focus on building new rivalries

You never know about these non-revenue sports. If nothing else, they can become revenue neutral...

http://www.coloradoan.com/article/20131014/SPORTS0203/310140037/Colorado-State-volleyball-team-moves-up-No-12-poll-23-RPI

After CSU drew 4,801 fans for Saturday’s victory over Boise State — 10th-largest in program history — CSU jumped up one spot, to No. 7, for national attendance averages. The Rams are averaging 3,146 fans per match, which would be a program record

And how does relate to those two teams "resuming the football rivalry?"

Or did you miss that part of the thread?

http://forum.siouxsports.com/topic/18528-ndsu-jokes/

What does this have to do with UND or UND football? I didn't see you commenting on this thread, except if I post something about NDSU. Why is that Cratter?

Riding in on his white horse to back the Bison! Once again.

UND is picked 2nd in the Big Sky and will be pretty good this year. Hard to argue that one, big guy.

Also, two years ago UND beat both SDSU and NDSU when the games were at home. Funny how home court seems to make a difference.

I love that pointing out objective reality makes me some sort of NDSU hack. Get your numbers right the first time/panties out of a bunch.

This is probably the best pair of MBB teams the state has ever produced. Both schools might have their best team ever, or very close.

I love that pointing out objective reality makes me some sort of NDSU hack. Get your numbers right the first time/panties out of a bunch.

This is probably the best pair of MBB teams the state has ever produced. Both schools might have their best team ever, or very close.

UND picked #2 in the BSC, NDSU picked #1 in the SL....pretty impressive, too bad neither team will face each other in the dance as that would be something.

http://forum.siouxsports.com/topic/18528-ndsu-jokes/

What does this have to do with UND or UND football? I didn't see you commenting on this thread, except if I post something about NDSU. Why is that Cratter?

That thread was in poor taste. But the things talked about it at least pertained to the title....now this thread is comparing non revenue sports competitions? I never read that thread til it was a couple pages long. And I wasn't interested in NDSU jokes...but when this thread jumps to the top I thought it would have been about und and NDSU resuming the game related...instead I had to read how NDSU fans react at their home games! I just didn't see the relevance.

That thread was in poor taste. But the things talked about it at least pertained to the title....now this thread is comparing non revenue sports competitions? I never read that thread til it was a couple pages long. And I wasn't interested in NDSU jokes...but when this thread jumps to the top I thought it would have been about und and NDSU resuming the game related...instead I had to read how NDSU fans react at their home games! I just didn't see the relevance.

Sorry I should have put it in the UND-Sac St game thread since every thread has NDSU mentioned and of course you ONLY single me out.

Darrell, I'm not the police thread. Dont only single you out, I have pointed out thread drift a lot in my ten plus years on this site. And never cared that much to begin with I was just pointing out as have others how you love bringing up NDSU a lot even when it doesn't relate to UND (like you did today). Maybe cause you live in Fargo?

Post it somewhere else or not even post it? The article has nothing to do with siouxsports.com not one ounce, but If I were you I would have put it in the NDSU jokes thread, made up a joke and posted the article there. Or start a thread titled "NDSU Football."

If you ask me NDSU fans aren't spoiled per say they just have high standards. They boo even when winning. But they win a lot of championships. Hard to argue with that. UND fans don't even boo when they are getting blown out at home.

Maybe if UND football played Fargo University more casual UND football fans would pay attention to how much work UND football needs and put more pressure on the program!?

• 2 weeks later...

At 03:48 watch Dale lead the team out with some intensity - those were the good ole days. Mussman cant do that passionately to save his life.

When they showed the 2001 game the Alerus looked so packed and then they said about the UC Davis game and how the crowd played a part in that...I miss those days. Muss has driven the crowd to their living room.

At 03:48 watch Dale lead the team out with some intensity - those were the good ole days. Mussman cant do that passionately to save his life.

Meh. In that same video you see Roger Thomas joking to his guys about it snowing and telling his players to relax before a Bison-Sioux game. Every coach has his own personality and as long as he's winning fans think that's the "right" personality trait for a coach to have.

Meh. In that same video you see Roger Thomas joking to his guys about it snowing and telling his players to relax before a Bison-Sioux game. Every coach has his own personality and as long as he's winning fans think that's the "right" personality trait for a coach to have.

So you don't enjoy watching Bohl lead the Bizon out onto the field with enthusiasm before games? Fans like excitement, that's just the way it is. You're trying to say that fans would enjoy a boring atmosphere as long as the team is winning. That's probably true, but any fan would enjoy passion/energy along with winning rather than just pure winning.

For example, both Belichick and Lombardi are/were successful coaches, but Lombardi would be more of a fan favorite due to the passion and energy he brought to each and every game.

So you don't enjoy watching Bohl lead the Bizon out onto the field with enthusiasm before games? Fans like excitement, that's just the way it is. You're trying to say that fans would enjoy a boring atmosphere as long as the team is winning. That's probably true, but any fan would enjoy passion/energy along with winning rather than just pure winning.

For example, both Belichick and Lombardi are/were successful coaches, but Lombardi would be more of a fan favorite due to the passion and energy he brought to each and every game.

But I think winning brings out a lot of that passion and excitement. I've never been to the Alerus and I haven't watched much of UND football this year so I can't speak about Mussman's demeanor. But I can guarantee it wouldn't be an issue if you guys were 5-3 right now.

• 1 month later...

now that und will have a new coach to rebuild the fb team i'm hoping that the ndac and und can find a date in the not too distant future to get a game on schedule... what open dates do both schools have in the next five years that both teams available.

side note...kansas state showed that the ndac curse is legit and look for iowa state to go winless next year guaranteed...

now that und will have a new coach to rebuild the fb team i'm hoping that the ndac and und can find a date in the not too distant future to get a game on schedule... what open dates do both schools have in the next five years that both teams available.

side note...kansas state showed that the ndac curse is legit and look for iowa state to go winless next year guaranteed...

U might start by not being a complete asshole!! How would UN-no D or O have done with NDSU's schedule?! Just effing stop being a piss ant for once.

And, if u really wanna go there, NDSU would have piss-pounded UND this year, but, yet, u do this?!

Kansas State has been a solid team the entire year? I dont know if anyone thought they were going to be as good as last year. I was hoping they'd have a couple more wins though no doubt.

now that und will have a new coach to rebuild the fb team i'm hoping that the ndac and und can find a date in the not too distant future to get a game on schedule... what open dates do both schools have in the next five years that both teams available

GT is still at NDSU, the only common denominator remaining. Don't count on it. Not meant as smack but I have a hard time seeing him signing a home and home.

Don't overthink this.

The two teams are 70 miles apart with two passionate fan bases. Historically, the games between these two have been exceptional in terms of atmosphere. It should be played EVERY YEAR. The different conference crap is just that, crap.

Florida State - Florida

Iowa - Iowa State

Utah - Utah State

Georgia - Georgia Tech

Colorado - Colorado State

The list goes on and on. The reason this game is not going on is entirely because of Gene Taylor and NDSU. Any NDSU fan that denies that is delusional. I agree NDSU has everything to lose and UND everything to gain in this game, but just admit NDSU acknowledges that and won't sign a contract to play.

The game should be played annually. Get over all the background crap and get it done.!

Open Dates:

2014: Sept 20 (If UND wants a 12th game)

2015: Sept 19th

2016:-2018: UND has 1 OOC spot left for each of those years, 2017 UND has 2 road OOC games so that would be an ideal year for a return game at the Alerus.