SiouxSports.com Forum

POLL: Should UND-NDSU Resume the Football Series?

ShilohSioux

220 members have voted

1. 1. Should UND and NDSU Resume the Football Series?

• Yes, play the game annually
    • On occassion, but not annually
    • No, we've gone our separate ways so let's focus on building new rivalries

I wonder how loud the thud will be in Fago when the Turd play .500 next year? Bohl was itching to get out knowing the drop off in talent coming next season.

Hate to break it to you but the Bison are going to be very good next year also.

They will contend for the Valley title and will make the playoffs.

Nice try though.

Which still makes you wrong, as well as delusional.

Being delusional would require me to hold a belief despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary. It seems for you to call me delusional, the burden of proof is on you. So if you can show me that any other team in the history of FCS football has received as much media attention nationally in a year as NDSU has this year. I'll allow you to call me delusional.

Being delusional would require me to hold a belief despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary. It seems for you to call me delusional, the burden of proof is on you. So if you can show me that any other team in the history of FCS football has received as much media attention nationally in a year as NDSU has this year. I'll allow you to call me delusional.

I didn't know KVLY was national.

• Upvote 1

I am not disputing attention, I am disputing your claim that ESPN has taken the Ag school under their wing as a pet project.

Why is everyone so hung up on that term? All that is meant by that is they have consciously decided to give NDSU more attention this year, which you are now not disputing.

Admittedly, NDSU has a distinct advantage over any other FCS team in history as well and that is the age we live in today. Social media, internet magazines, 24 hour news cycle etc. Networks like ESPN and others are having to branch out a bit to find interesting stories to fill the time. No other FCS school, who has had the success that NDSU has had, has had the opportunity to have that success in this media environment.

Never said every team, but FU is not the only FCS team he has on there like you choose to believe.

It didn't take you pointing that out for me to know they aren't the only FCS team to have their helmet on his show. But as another poster pointed out, he has had the helmet on his show many, many times throughout this year.

Never said every team, but FU is not the only FCS team he has on there like you choose to believe.

Gotta love these Bison fans coming here to spew their crap, I thought that's what BV is for, and as for more media...App St hands down. You ask a football fan the biggest upset in college football and it would be App St over Michigan. Only Bison fans would think it would be NDSU over K-State. App St was all over the news and like someone said before the game gets replayed, NDS who??? Sorry the college football world doesn't revolve around the Bison.

It didn't take you pointing that out for me to know they aren't the only FCS team to have their helmet on his show. But as another poster pointed out, he has had the helmet on his show many, many times throughout this year.

And so are others but their fans don't use that as an example of being ESPNs project for the year.

Exactly!

NDSU has enjoyed more national media attention than any other FCS school ever this year. NDSU has had a great run, but as I've pointed out, NDSU is also a product of their time.

Disagree if you would like to, I'll disagree with you we can go around in circles forever.

Gotta love these Bison fans coming here to spew their crap, I thought that's what BV is for, and as for more media...App St hands down. You ask a football fan the biggest upset in college football and it would be App St over Michigan. Only Bison fans would think it would be NDSU over K-State. App St was all over the news and like someone said before the game gets replayed, NDS who??? Sorry the college football world doesn't revolve around the Bison.

I agree. Michigan is a much more well known program. App State went there and beat the #5 ranked FBS program, one that went on to win the Citrus Bowl over Tim Tebow's #9 Florida Gators. The FU win over K-State was an accomplishment, but not as big of one as App State, which is better known for good reason.

App State is now moving to FBS. If FU gets a good coach and keeps winning titles, App State might end up buying their coaching staff.

FU: feeder program to the big boys. :lol:

App State is now moving to FBS. If FU gets a good coach and keeps winning titles, App State might end up buying their coaching staff.

FU: feeder program to the big boys. :lol:

...And Appalachian State would be wise to take a look at UMass for what NOT to do with their program. The move from FCS to FBS has been nothing short of a disaster for them.

...And Appalachian State would be wise to take a look at UMass for what NOT to do with their program. The move from FCS to FBS has been nothing short of a disaster for them.

That UMass situation is pathetic. Poor planning.

You know what they should do?

Hire what's left of the FU coaching staff! :)

While ndsu has garnered attention, it is not a product of ndsu, it is a product of of Tim Brewster not recruiting his area and Craig Bohl capitalizing...... IMO....

It's no reflection on NDSU that its head coach out recruited and out coached the head coach of a nearby Big Ten school that is three times as big and has five times the athletic budget? ????

That's just silly.

You guys are hilarious. Name one player on NDSU's roster that should be playing in the Big Ten or that Minnesota "missed".

Billy Turner maybe.

Marcus Williams, was not an academic qualifier.

Outside of those two who did Brewster "miss" on?

NDSU isn't winning games because they have better players than the other teams. In fact, athletically we are over-matched in a lot of cases.

NDSU is winning because the players buy into a system that works and they play together.

As proof of this, NDSU hasn't put any more players in the NFL than usual over this run than they did in the past.