SiouxSports.com Forum

POLL: Should UND-NDSU Resume the Football Series?

ShilohSioux

220 members have voted

1. 1. Should UND and NDSU Resume the Football Series?

• Yes, play the game annually
    • On occassion, but not annually
    • No, we've gone our separate ways so let's focus on building new rivalries

summit is better than the big sky right now in bball

Really? I didn't know the SL got more than 1 team into the dance. As for as i'm concerned the BSC is more stable no teams walking out the door that's what makes them better, as for getting teams into the dance....its a tie 1-1.

http://www.bisonvill...B-tickets/page3

From Gabe on BV:

1 year she can say its growing pains but when you lose to a bad UNDies team 3 years in a row - the 3rd year being the worst - the failure is complete like Obi Won. Enter giant face palm here.

Didn't UND make the playoffs last season, and as for this season last I look was undefeated in conference play with a winning overall record. Typical Bison fan, not giving any credit to UND. Even though no matter how you look at it, UND is the better team.

From Gabe on BV:

Didn't UND make the playoffs last season, and as for this season last I look was undefeated in conference play with a winning overall record. Typical Bison fan, not giving any credit to UND. Even though no matter how you look at it, UND is the better team.

What do you expect? It's bisonville. If I wanted to read that, I would have gone over there myself... why bring their crap over here?

• Upvote 2

From Gabe on BV:

It is acceptable for a bison fan to diss their team when they lose to UND - then it's always "Our worst team in school history, our coach needs to be fired and UND was only the better of two bad teams".

Really? I didn't know the SL got more than 1 team into the dance. As for as i'm concerned the BSC is more stable no teams walking out the door that's what makes them better, as for getting teams into the dance....its a tie 1-1.

What was teh UND's record against the Summit last season and what was UND's record against the Big Sky? Just curious...

What was teh UND's record against the Summit last season and what was UND's record against the Big Sky? Just curious...

UND was 0-3 vs the SL, and 12-8 vs the BSC. Which almost matches the number of members the SL lost (UMKC, Oakland). Let me know when the SL loses its autobid.

UND was 0-3 vs the SL, and 12-8 vs the BSC. Which almost matches the number of members the SL lost (UMKC, Oakland). Let me know when the SL loses its autobid.

Eh, we'll hold onto it. Let Douple know when you folks drop football and want to come play with the Dakota's.

with the current state of affairs, I think und should get our house in order before we try take on the bison. the series has to start some time, if they are gonna play. someone will win the first game. I would just as soon it not be by 75 points.

• 3 weeks later...

Bison fans are embarrassing....from Mike McFeeley of KFGO radio.

http://kfgo.com/blogs/so-many-opinions-so-little-time/953/this-is-getting-embarrassing-again-bison-fans/

first noticed it during the Northern Iowa game at the Fargodome, a thrilling contest won by the Bison 24-23. There were stretches through the first three quarters when the Bison weren't playing particularly well and some in the sellout crowd of NDSU partisans actually ... wait for it ... booed.

I noticed it again after the game when I tuned into Ryan Gellner's "Bison Rewind" show on KFGO during the drive home. The first five callers or so didn't seem particularly interested in celebrating a helluva Bison comeback, or the fact their team just defeated a very good Panthers team, or that NDSU won despite having several key injuries to the all-important offensive line. No, the first handful of callers to Ryan's program found it necessary to complain that a) NDSU struggled to win, b) only won by 1 point and c) didn't play well enough to their liking.

I noticed it one more time this week, after NDSU defeated Missouri State 41-26 before a record crowd at the dome. It was admittedly not the prettiest affair, but NDSU's offense did roll up 450 yards, including quarterback Brock Jensen's first career 300-yard game. Yet, I'm hearing complaints that NDSU didn't win by enough points or took too long to get things going or didn't put away Missouri State quickly enough.

Hmm, thought I for a third time.

And I am left with only one conclusion.

Bison football fans are spoiled.

They might be the most spoiled fans in college football, as a matter of fact.

The Bison football program couldn't do more, other than perhaps cure cancer and initiate world peace.

And still its fans are not satisfied. Boos in the dome? Complaints about beating an excellent team like Northern Iowa by only one point? Griping about Missouri State scoring too many points?

The teams NDSU is playing in the Missouri Valley Conference are not 12-scholarship Division II teams. They are big, strong, fast, talented, fully-funded Division I teams that are damn good. Some will make the playoffs. Give them some credit.

I am sure BV will rip McFeeley up and down for this one.

Bison fans are embarrassing....from Mike McFeeley of KFGO radio.

http://kfgo.com/blog...ain-bison-fans/

I am sure BV will rip McFeeley up and down for this one.

i don't know how that's any more embarrassing than the pats on the back around here after a 21 point loss at home.

also, UND went 0-4 against the summit, including losses to bottom feeders UNO and UMKC.

i don't know how that's any more embarrassing than the pats on the back around here after a 21 point loss at home.

also, UND went 0-4 against the summit, including losses to bottom feeders UNO and UMKC.

0-4 really? That was the 2012-13 season buddy, each year the records start over at 0-0. UND is 2-1 vs the SL in volleyball with wins over FU and SDSU and a loss to USD. UND is 1-3-1 in soccer vs the SL with their only win was, you guessed it NDSU.

Riding in on his white horse to back the Bison! Once again.

UND is picked 2nd in the Big Sky and will be pretty good this year. Hard to argue that one, big guy.

Also, two years ago UND beat both SDSU and NDSU when the games were at home. Funny how home court seems to make a difference.

0-4 really? That was the 2012-13 season buddy, each year the records start over at 0-0. UND is 2-1 vs the SL in volleyball with wins over FU and SDSU and a loss to USD. UND is 1-3-1 in soccer vs the SL with their only win was, you guessed it NDSU.

When in order to brag about beating local schools stoops to the non-revenue sports...you know things are not going well. Probably how conversations between Gopher fans and Buckeye fans go...

• Upvote 1

When in order to brag about beating local schools stoops to the non-revenue sports...you know things are not going well. Probably how conversations between Gopher fans and Buckeye fans go...

Really? Bison fans could not have been more proud of their "non-revenue" teams as of a few years ago. Bigtime bragging about NCAA appearances, etc. Funny what happens when they all of the sudden suck. I would also classify your WBB team as non-revenue based on the 500 people a game that attend.

Really? Bison fans could not have been more proud of their "non-revenue" teams as of a few years ago. Bigtime bragging about NCAA appearances, etc. Funny what happens when they all of the sudden suck. I would also classify your WBB team as non-revenue based on the 500 people a game that attend.

For myself, non-revenue sports are just a bonus. When they are good, it can be kinda fun to go watch...when they suck, I don't really care. The one non-revenue sport I really want NDSU to succeed at is wrestling, and that is only because I wrestled in high school....btw, I imagine 500 being pretty generous.

I only bring up non-revenue sports because basketball season is about to start and the SL doesn't have a football conference, so you can only compare in the sports that have been played in the current season. I do think both schools split in baseball like that sport matters up here.