SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs. CC - Saturday

MissSioux85

Should have had Marto and Lapoint together all year but coaches decided they know better. One week we have Simpson on the power play and then he does not dress for the Sat game. WTF? No need for more defensivemen when 5 plays half of all the shifts. Hopefully we are done with all this nonsense of putting 5 out fhere for everything. Not blaming 5, just blaming coaches for not utilizing the rest of the bench and overplaying an average defensemen. Will see a more balance TEAM. Hoping 5 will be out little longer for coaches to realize what they really have on the bench.

Dude! Seriously! We don't know if Chay is going to play again this season because of his injury. What is with all of the anger focused on Chay Genoway, last time I check hockey was a team game.

Should have had Marto and Lapoint together all year but coaches decided they know better. One week we have Simpson on the power play and then he does not dress for the Sat game. WTF? No need for more defensivemen when 5 plays half of all the shifts. Hopefully we are done with all this nonsense of putting 5 out fhere for everything. Not blaming 5, just blaming coaches for not utilizing the rest of the bench and overplaying an average defensemen. Will see a more balance TEAM. Hoping 5 will be out little longer for coaches to realize what they really have on the bench.

All I got to say is wow.

I bet you were one of the many people that threw Brian Lee under the bus, huh?

I'm sure glad that you aren't on the coaching staff or making any decisions for the TEAM.

• Downvote 1

Thread's a little off topic...so anyways just returned from Colorado Springs. Saw 2 different Sioux teams...and hopefully the team from Saturday night is the one we see the rest of the season. The Sioux didn't look awful Friday, just flat....and compounded with the fact the Tigers played their best game of the year (so said the tiger fan next to us) and we saw a good Sioux team lose to a Colorado team that came out ready to play.

On Saturday, that second period was amazing!

The Sioux were cycling the puck with consistency and it played off.....and Lapoint's freaky goal with 55 seconds to go, just goes to show what happens if you keep the puck going toward the net.

4 series to go..and with the bye weekend ahead.....the sioux have their work cut out for them.

Just a random side note (rant) from sat's game:

When Howe was on the ice injured, some sioux fans right by us were cheering and clapping that he was down. I was so embarrassed by them. It doesn't matter whether the person on the ice is wearing a jersey from UND, CC, UMN, DU, etc. Its just some 19-20 year old kid out there. Don't cheer for the fact that he's injured. Show some class.

That's about what I would expect from Siouxman ;)

... and then you have a poster on GPL saying that he wishes other Sioux players were injured rather than Genoway! Really? That certainly is the epitome of classless.

Every now and then someone just has to go over there and yell "GARDEN HOSE" and watch the little buggers p!ss themselves.

Just got home from the "The Springs" after a marathon drive today. Last night's game was a thing of beauty. An entire team effort, but I would especially like to call out Joe Gleason. He slipped into the lineup for Genoway, and very effectively used his speed. He is very fast going down the ice, and he appropriately grabbed the opportunities when he should have.

On the down side, I also felt the officials let a little more go than they should have (both directions). Blood took a few liberties that could easily have been called and will be called come playoff time. Those crosschecks and grabbing/holding need to be eliminated.

The injury to Howe is also a bummer. He is key for CC and I would like him to be healthy to help CC slide a certain eastern MN team out of the top six. Howe was great on Friday night for CC and helped them withstand a barrage the second half of the first period.

My hope is that Saturday night is the turning point for this team in realizing what it takes every game. It was a joy to watch. And the many many Sioux fans at the game let the CC crowd know we were there.

The injury to Howe is also a bummer. He is key for CC and I would like him to be healthy to help CC slide a certain eastern MN team out of the top six. Howe was great on Friday night for CC and helped them withstand a barrage the second half of the first period.

My hope is that Saturday night is the turning point for this team in realizing what it takes every game. It was a joy to watch. And the many many Sioux fans at the game let the CC crowd know we were there.

Completely agree with CC losing Howe being a bummer. We need wins from CC to finish out the year so they can end UofMN season.

Seriously, I have been trying to find it and can't... Edit: Never mind I found it, what a classy moronic post.

Usually you might expect a remark like that out of a college age kid who doesn't think before speaking, or posting in this case, but this guy is 35 years old. Hopefully he doesn't pass his hate on to the next generation. Hate the Sioux all you want, but respect that the players are human and shouldn't have injuries wished upon them.

Completely agree with CC losing Howe being a bummer. We need wins from CC to finish out the year so they can end UofMN season.

I certainly hope Howe's injury is minor and that he is back for this w/e.

I do question the coaching decision to leave him in the game in the 3rd period. I thought for sure that CC would bring in the backup to start the 3rd period and definately after the Sioux scored the 6th goal.

Not sure what was to be gained by leaving your starting goalie in a game that was one-sided.

I think that would be the nightmare for UMN. They may get home ice but if it is against CC it is the only team that they don't have a real home ice advatage against because they both play olympic ice at home.

I see that Brad tweeted that they had 2,182 on the live chat on Saturday. Wow!

Unfortunately I wasn't one of them due to power outage. :sad:

I had to catch scores via blackberry.

UND SID on Twitter: "Saturday's @UNDMHockey chat drew 2,182 people, more than eight Division I men's hockey arenas that night. Sioux fans never cease to amaze".

Craziness!

I have never tried following the chat LIVE on my Blackberry, but I have opened the chat to read through it after the game. They normally post a separate link for those who are following the chat on phones.

I think that would be the nightmare for UMN. They may get home ice but if it is against CC it is the only team that they don't have a real home ice advatage against because they both play olympic ice at home.

Right now, given the Olympic ice cluster in the middle of the standings, I'd say it's more likely than not for UM to play another Olympic ice team.

Current WCHA standings - home ice size

UND - NHL

DU - NHL

UMD - NHL

UW - Olympic (200 x 97)

UNO - NHL

UM - Olympic

CC - Olympic

SCSU - Olympic

UAA - Olympic

MSUM - Olympic

BSU - NHL

Tech - NHL

Right now, given the Olympic ice cluster in the middle of the standings, I'd say it's more likely than not for UM to play another Olympic ice team.

Current WCHA standings - home ice size

UND - NHL

DU - NHL

UMD - NHL

UW - Olympic (200 x 97)

UNO - NHL

UM - Olympic

CC - Olympic

SCSU - Olympic

UAA - Olympic

MSUM - Olympic

BSU - NHL

Tech - NHL

I didn't realize that THAT many teams had Olympic Sheets. Interesting. Also on GPL there has been talk about them shrinking the Mucc. I guess there is a plan out there they have talked about. They want the extra two rows of seats to be empty i guess. :silly:

UND SID on Twitter: "Saturday's @UNDMHockey chat drew 2,182 people, more than eight Division I men's hockey arenas that night. Sioux fans never cease to amaze".

Craziness!

I have never tried following the chat LIVE on my Blackberry, but I have opened the chat to read through it after the game. They normally post a separate link for those who are following the chat on phones.

I like the live chat because it tells me what's going to happen before I either see it happen or listen to it happen :)

Did any of you see Dave Ramsey's blog about how upset he is that we say "Sioux" instead of "Brave" at the end of the national anthem? This guy is a tool. Here is the link... http://bit.ly/gZhWno

That guy isn't worth responding too. He writes things like this to drive people to that newspaper's site. He tries to rile people up like that Coleman guy from the Star Tribune.

Did any of you see Dave Ramsey's blog about how upset he is that we say "Sioux" instead of "Brave" at the end of the national anthem? This guy is a tool. Here is the link... http://bit.ly/gZhWno

Clearly Dave and this works for all media, needed something to complain about. I understand being patriotic. I myself put my hand over my heart and order an American flag for my hockey shell that I wear all the time. I have no problems with people saying Sioux at the end, I love it. I don't feel that its disrespectful to the USA and our national anthem. There are plenty of other things that are completely disrespect that people do nowadays that are completely unpatriotic, this isn't something to get all worked up about.