SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs SCSU - saturday

ChadR

Well the Sioux picked up 2 big points Friday. Malone and the boys will re-energize and finish off the 4 pts tomorrow

SIOUX--5

SCSU--4

Kristo (3), Malone, Marto

I'm definitely looking forward to Kristo getting out of his sophomore slump...the kids got too much talent to have 1 goal through the first 2 months

Good game because of the lack of bad penalties but the first two period were not very good. The Sioux will without a doubt come out and play a better game tonight. I kind of think they played down to St. Clouds level. Dell was great and nice to see Pony get a few goals. As for a weak spot Lapoint looked real slow last night, maybe he needs a night to watch from the stands. Cant wait for tonight! Sioux SWEEP at home can It finally happen? 5-3 Sioux ;) It can happen!

Good game because of the lack of bad penalties but the first two period were not very good. The Sioux will without a doubt come out and play a better game tonight. I kind of think they played down to St. Clouds level. Dell was great and nice to see Pony get a few goals. As for a weak spot Lapoint looked real slow last night, maybe he needs a night to watch from the stands. Cant wait for tonight! Sioux SWEEP at home can It finally happen? 5-3 Sioux ;) It can happen!

I agree that the Sioux played down to cloud's level. Somehow we ended up playing their game...I think that was at least in part to the holes we had in the lineup without Hexy and Gregs.

As for Lapoint...I have been a vocal critic of his, but last night he was without his 3 year partner (as opposed to life partner :D ) and was skating with a 17 year old freshman...

The mixed unit last night lacked cohesiveness and chemistry. A complete lineup will get that back.

Last night reminded me of a pond hockey game rather than a WCHA game, because of the lack of cohesion and good team play for long stretches.

Sioux need to continue to stay disciplined and keep cutting down on the turnovers to continue to win games like this . Overall pretty good win for the Sioux, even when they weren't at the top of their game. Big chance for a sweep tonight and maybe gain some more ground on those ahead of us in the standings.

SIOUX 2 St.Cloud 0

Trupp, Kristo

I'm definitely looking forward to Kristo getting out of his sophomore slump...the kids got too much talent to have 1 goal through the first 2 months

Same here, you can't help but be frustrated if you're him. I think he has 5 total pts this season in 17 games. The thing is though he also isn't playing the point like he did last year during the PP, last year he had 9 PP goals, probably all of them by Frattin-like shots from the point.

UND Lines

Trupp-Malone-Frattin

Marto-Knight-Kristo

Davidson-Lamoureux-Rowney

Cichy-Nelson-Rodwell

Blood-Genoway

MacWilliam-Forbort

LaPoint-Simpson

Dell

Eidsness

SCSU Lines

Reid-LeBlanc-Dowd

Mosey-Roe-Festler

Christian-Marvin-Novak

MacMillan-Hanowski-Volpei

Laridsen-Johnson

Gravel-Barta

Hepp-Jensen

Dunn

Lee

Same here, you can't help but be frustrated if you're him. I think he has 5 total pts this season in 17 games. The thing is though he also isn't playing the point like he did last year during the PP, last year he had 9 PP goals, probably all of them by Frattin-like shots from the point.

He sure is playing the point on the PP. In fact, he gets at least an equal amount of time at the point as Frattin.

I find it strangely familiar to Jordan Schroeder and his sophomore "slump". Is it coincidence that they are really good friends...?

Maybe it's just me, but it seems like he's content to crank up big slapshots regardless of how many defenders are between him and the net rather than trying to put a move on somebody, I don't know how many times he hit defensemen in the legs or chest 15 feet in front of the goal earlier in the season, although I haven't noticed it as much lately.