SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

The team the next few years will have tons of local guys. Can't remember a sioux team with so many local/minny players.

@SchlossmanGF: Simonson is the fourth member of the 2010 state title Central team to go D-I, third to UND. Others: LaDue, LJohnson and Casey Purpur (NMU).

Forward or D? What type of player is he if you happen to know?

He's a forward. Gritty, two-way forward type. Judging by what I've read/heard about him it sounds like he's like Pattyn (gritty forward) with what looks to be a little bit more offensive ability. He has 25 PIMs, so I'm not sure he takes as many penalties considering the top guy on his team has 96 PIMs. He leads Lincoln in scoring, though they're not very good offensively this year either.

What's the overall feeling on the hockey academy they have at the Ralph? Has it increased the amount of local d1 recruits or are we just in a time right now with very good and some great local talent? Thanks to anyone in the know. Who runs coaches in the academy? Former players?

Last questions, is it attracting out of state talent as well? Like camps ect and will this lead to a midget team possibly in GF?

The Herald article on the Simonson commitment says he will be here next season:

http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/280681/

How many forwards are we planning on bringing in next season?

There are a lot of forwards that could potentially come next year...Olson, Simonson, Rowe, Voltin, Wilkie, Schmaltz, Poganski, Gersish.

Meanwhile we have two senior forwards in Rodwell and MitchMac...and one somewhat longshot early departure in Grimaldi.

I have to think that guys like Rowe and Voltin that have been committed forever but haven't really panned out in the USHL might be going elsewhere unless they don't mind getting pushed back another year continually.

Regardless...a ton of talented forwards coming in is never a bad thing!

http://www.grandfork...icle/id/280681/

There are a lot of forwards that could potentially come next year...Olson, Simonson, Rowe, Voltin, Wilkie, Schmaltz, Poganski, Gersish.

Meanwhile we have two senior forwards in Rodwell and MitchMac...and one somewhat longshot early departure in Grimaldi.

I have to think that guys like Rowe and Voltin that have been committed forever but haven't really panned out in the USHL might be going elsewhere unless they don't mind getting pushed back another year continually.

I think Voltin is still young enough where he is a guy who could be pushed back another year and still play in the USHL but I'm not sure if Rowe still can although I think he is one they may like to push back.The article says Simonson will come next season and I would think Olson and Schmaltz would be the two that are definitely here next season. The rest of the committed forwards would probably be pushed back to the year after although I believe Wilkie signed a NLI and that usually means the player will be here the next season.

He's a forward. Gritty, two-way forward type. Judging by what I've read/heard about him it sounds like he's like Pattyn (gritty forward) with what looks to be a little bit more offensive ability. He has 25 PIMs, so I'm not sure he takes as many penalties considering the top guy on his team has 96 PIMs. He leads Lincoln in scoring, though they're not very good offensively this year either.

He is much more of a finesse player than pattyn, not sure what he'll do in college but you never know. I think he'll end up being a decent 3rd or 4th liner.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/280681/

I think voltin and Rowe either go somewhere else or stay in juniors. They have taken a little longer to develope. I don't think Rocco is going anywhere, he'll be back next year. If he leaves it's for the AHL or Europe. I think poganski definitely needs another year of juniors, as does Wilkie. The players that should come in (forwards) are schmaltz, gersich, Olson and jonny. The rest are honestly not ready, they seem to be struggling in juniors.

Has anyone on here seen the younger Simo play recently?

I saw him play earlier in the year, their team didn't play well. I was actually saying to some buddies that jonny looked like the best player on their team and I was shocked because voltin was the und recruit.

I saw him play earlier in the year, their team didn't play well. I was actually saying to some buddies that jonny looked like the best player on their team and I was shocked because voltin was the und recruit.

Good. Kinda strange cause out of the guys on that Central team LaDue and Johnny Simo were not players that 'looked' like future sioux. A few years of development in juniors later and that is clearly not the case.

I think voltin and Rowe either go somewhere else or stay in juniors. They have taken a little longer to develope. I don't think Rocco is going anywhere, he'll be back next year. If he leaves it's for the AHL or Europe. I think poganski definitely needs another year of juniors, as does Wilkie. The players that should come in (forwards) are schmaltz, gersich, Olson and jonny. The rest are honestly not ready, they seem to be struggling in juniors.

I say bring in the older more experience players next year. UND should have a solid squad next year. Rocco would be foolish to leave for the AHL or Europe. Might as well enjoy his college years at UND and continue to develop. It sounds like Olson is the type of player UND could really benefit from next year. A gritty and skilled forward.

Should be interesting next year. Still waiting to see what develops this year, come March...

arch is also simonsons dad that plays for blais and they hate blais!

alex hasn't played one game

trev alberts has been courting them for a donation for a while...hasn't got nothing...so simonson hasn't played nothing.

Where do you come up with this stuff? He's played 55 career games at UNO.