SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

So, with Tambellini leaving early, I think we just opened a pathway to get ice time for a freshman Gersich next year if he can get his schooling done.

The wildcard for next year will be if Grimaldi stays. I don't think he's proven he can dominate at this level, so the issue is going to be whether or not Fl is concerned with his development.

I am optimistic about next year's team...

So, with Tambellini leaving early, I think we just opened a pathway to get ice time for a freshman Gersich next year if he can get his schooling done.

The wildcard for next year will be if Grimaldi stays. I don't think he's proven he can dominate at this level, so the issue is going to be whether or not Fl is concerned with his development.

Where would Grimaldi go?

The AHL...if Florida is concerned about their investment. Again, he still has a lot to prove at this level...it is all about FL Director of Player Development's position on him.

Rocco should play through next year either way at UND and then become a free agent. Anther year developing and sign where he wants to when ready.

I am also very optimistic about next years team and believe there is no one, excluding seniors, that should leave. If Rocco was ready to leave he would be putting up well over a pt/gm. Also, there is no way he is big (muscle wise) to play in the NHL. I honestly think he needs two more years of hitting the weights extremely hard to even have a chance of playing in the Show... otherwise its a few years in the AHL and off to Europe.

Depends if he stays through his eligibility.

My thoughts on Rocco and Florida are that they are only going to sign either Rocco or Kyle Rau.

One of them is going to play the free agent card.

Just a hunch right now.

I am guessing Rocco leaves after next year....FLA will talk him into leaving. He'll have his degree as well. I am fine with that, if he stays two more years and plays the FA card, we'll have at least one Natty.

NHL Central Scouting's Midterm Rankings - North American players only

19 - Nick Schmaltz

72 - Austin Poganski

81 - Shane Gersich

111 - Chris Wilkie

179 - Ryan Mantha

Nice, Hak must make sure Schmaltz comes....and stays. I was somewhat worried about Poganski and Wilkie however they have sure picked it up as of late. I honestly think one more year of juniors would help Poganski and Wilkie so much. Rodwell and Mitch Mac are the only forwards leaving and with Schmaltz and Gersich coming in I think it would be a mistake for them to come....or at least not the greatest idea.

On another note, are Mantha and Poolman coming in next year? We are loosing Simpson and from everything I have heard J. Schmaltz is planning on staying one more year. That means another log jam. It may be beneficial if Mantha stayed and played another year in the USHL to work on his game. I really like Poolman's numbers.

If the situation plays out ideally with Poganski, Wilkie and Mantha staying in the USHL to work on their game and everyone else stays (like they should) our team is instantly sure fire top three in the country. Rocco would go bonkers next year.

Nice, Hak must make sure Schmaltz comes....and stays. I was somewhat worried about Poganski and Wilkie however they have sure picked it up as of late. I honestly think one more year of juniors would help Poganski and Wilkie so much. Rodwell and Mitch Mac are the only forwards leaving and with Schmaltz and Gersich coming in I think it would be a mistake for them to come....or at least not the greatest idea.

On another note, are Mantha and Poolman coming in next year? We are loosing Simpson and from everything I have heard J. Schmaltz is planning on staying one more year. That means another log jam. It may be beneficial if Mantha stayed and played another year in the USHL to work on his game. I really like Poolman's numbers.

If the situation plays out ideally with Poganski, Wilkie and Mantha staying in the USHL to work on their game and everyone else stays (like they should) our team is instantly sure fire top three in the country. Rocco would go bonkers next year.

I asked Schloss in the herald chat last week and he thought Mantha would probably play another year in the USHL. He thought the guys that will be in for sure next year are forwards Schmaltz, Olson, and Simonson, D Poolman, and G Johnson. He said the questionable ones will be Gersich, Poganski, and Wilkie but if any of them come I would guess it would be Gersich. Also wonder about some who have been committed but not really produced like Voltin and Rowe and if they will ever make it to UND.

I asked Schloss in the herald chat last week and he thought Mantha would probably play another year in the USHL. He thought the guys that will be in for sure next year are forwards Schmaltz, Olson, and Simonson, D Poolman, and G Johnson. He said the questionable ones will be Gersich, Poganski, and Wilkie but if any of them come I would guess it would be Gersich. Also wonder about some who have been committed but not really produced like Voltin and Rowe and if they will ever make it to UND.

Completely forgot about Olson....I really liked his numbers too. Forgot about Simonson however I do not think he will play much, if at all, his first year. I would not be opposed to Gersich playing another year in juniors....he was a Soph in high school last year so obviously he was accelerating his schooling. Who is G. Johnson? Also, I have a hard time figuring out where Voltin and Rowe fit in....they'll most likely need to play more juniors....which could not hurt their development has they are not excelling in that league.

Completely forgot about Olson....I really liked his numbers too. Forgot about Simonson however I do not think he will play much, if at all, his first year. I would not be opposed to Gersich playing another year in juniors....he was a Soph in high school last year so obviously he was accelerating his schooling. Who is G. Johnson? Also, I have a hard time figuring out where Voltin and Rowe fit in....they'll most likely need to play more juniors....which could not hurt their development has they are not excelling in that league.

I was confused, too... D = Defenseman, G = Goalie... So... defenseman Poolman and goalie Johnson

AHL would certainly open up a spot for him if he did choose to leave early. NHL teams don't allow 2nd round picks to sit around in the ECHL without at least first failing in the AHL.

He has not shown anything yet that would get him a spot in the AHL. By the way how many 2nd round picks have never even made it to the AHL?