SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

18 minutes ago, AJS said:

Exactly what I was hoping for with one of the last two F spots. Slot him in as the 14F, long term development. Won't take minutes from the other FR. 

He could develop into something special (Lee Goren anyone?).

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Hopefully he can crack down on the penalty minutes.  See he's got a bit of a mean streak/edge to his game.

Matt Rempe 2.0: the project. 

2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

This guy is a Brandon MB native who's played in the Brandon or Winkler system since 2014. Seems to like to stay close to home. But what is Acadia U that UND "stole" him from per Elite Prospects? 
https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/416924/dalton-andrew 

My guess: he's a project forward; likely the F14/15 this fall and see if he can develop. Guessing he has a hole in his game* that needs fixing at the NCAA level. And you can't teach 6'5" so there's that. 

*That's not an insult; when Mike Commodore got here he needed double-runner skates. But that got fixed. 

Nancy fixed him, miss that gal.

• Upvote 3

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/und-hockey/und-commit-sam-laurila-leads-list-of-local-players-in-ushl-draft

The Sioux City Musketeers selected Laurila in the second round of the Phase II Draft on Tuesday. Laurila went No. 20 overall.

Laurila, a defenseman, headlined the list of local and area players picked in the USHL Drafts on Monday and Tuesday.

Laurila, who is eligible to be selected in June's NHL Draft, was one of the top prospects available.

Laurila could come to UND as early as the fall of 2025.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Benny Baker said:

Is Dalton Andrew taking the spot that was supposed to go to Jaksen Panzer?

UND was gonna delay Panzer a year, that's why he went to BSU.
I'd guess that Andrew is taking the spot of Klee, since he's going back to juniors for one more season.

8 hours ago, brianvf said:

UND was gonna delay Panzer a year, that's why he went to BSU.
I'd guess that Andrew is taking the spot of Klee, since he's going back to juniors for one more season.

Still confused why panzer wouldn’t have went back for another year. Makes zero sense.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, scpa0305 said:

Still confused why panzer wouldn’t have went back for another year. Makes zero sense.

Agreed. His numbers don’t jump out as being ready for making the leap to D1 hockey just yet. 

On 5/7/2024 at 8:22 AM, The Sicatoka said:

This guy is a Brandon MB native who's played in the Brandon or Winkler system since 2014. Seems to like to stay close to home. But what is Acadia U that UND "stole" him from per Elite Prospects? 
https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/416924/dalton-andrew 

My guess: he's a project forward; likely the F14/15 this fall and see if he can develop. Guessing he has a hole in his game* that needs fixing at the NCAA level. And you can't teach 6'5" so there's that. 

*That's not an insult; when Mike Commodore got here he needed double-runner skates. But that got fixed. 

Acadia University is a public, predominantly undergraduate university located in Wolfville, Nova Scotia, Canada.

Dalton Andrew with a 4-goal game. After watching those goals on Twitter, it’s pretty apparent that he’s not playing against opponents that are challenging him enough. Interested to see if he can break his way into the lineup next year, although I’m sure he knows he’s a depth guy. He’s got a heck of a shot but the game speed of D1 hockey be an eye opener for him. 

11 minutes ago, hockeytherapy13 said:

it’s pretty apparent that he’s not playing against opponents that are challenging him enough.

That’s part of my concern. Taylor Dickin also put up a few more points (92) than Andrew (82) in the MJHL, but after 2 seasons and 4 points, had to leave UND for Canadian college hockey. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, siouxkid12 said:

Travis Zajac and Zach Whitecloud have had a pretty successful NHL career

Zajac played in the BCHL and I think that league doesn’t produce as much NHL talent as it used to, but it doesn’t mean you can’t have a nice college career or as some have pointed out, even move to the next level.