SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

45 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

NIL

they got one going before we did

Just because you’ve done far worse doesn’t mean you couldn’t do far better, gf.   Your game is off.  

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

You were comparing Omaha and Bemidji when on this topic, they are completely different.

But you are welcome anyway.

Noshit sherlock!? 

Just went a bit over your head ... by alot actually. ferfuckssake man what's next are you going to tell us they are in completely different states too... 

The comment was quite aways beyond the obvious

• Downvote 2

24 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

First thing I thought of when I heard this today.  Wish them well. 

Scary thing about committing that early…there’s a ways to go before college puck.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, sioux24/7 said:

I think maybe we just have to trust the staff on this one. 

Yeah, heaven forbid we replace him with another Cameron Berg, or a Hunter Johannes type.  We need a good mix of size, speed, grit and determination, and if the coaches think we are missing an element to being a championship team, I don’t mind them going out to get a missing component.  Feel bad for Panzer if that is the case, as his dad expressed his dismay with the portal, but like it or not, it will play some part in team makeup.

1 minute ago, tnt said:

Yeah, heaven forbid we replace him with another Cameron Berg, or a Hunter Johannes type.  We need a good mix of size, speed, grit and determination, and if the coaches think we are missing an element to being a championship team, I don’t mind them going out to get a missing component.  Feel bad for Panzer if that is the case, as his dad expressed his dismay with the portal, but like it or not, it will play some part in team makeup.

Give him a couple years at BSU...and give Spicer another season at UMD...and then they'll be ready to join UND via the transfer portal. 
;):D

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Give him a couple years at BSU...and give Spicer another season at UMD...and then they'll be ready to join UND via the transfer portal. 
;):D

As Schlossman said before, many players advisors are already getting a feel for who are interested in their “client”, so who knows what is out there, perhaps a Tanner Ludtke.  Seriously doubt that with his brother at Omaha and where do you make power play room for someone like that with McLaughlin, Perron, Berg, Blake, Kunz, Swanson and Boisvert?  Of course you make room, but more likely a rough and tumble guy like Johannes or Jamernik could be a need.

33 minutes ago, tnt said:

Anything can happen with a one and done scenario come Natty time but w/ this year’s UND squad and next year’s team, gotta strike and get hot. 

Best UND teams in a while to make a true run at a Natty. 

4 hours ago, gfhockey said:

We just can’t hit on locals

The locals are what they are locals.  Way overhyped for what they actually are.  Everyone thinks there kid is NHL bound until those in the biz tell them different. 

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/und-hockey/jaksen-panzer-released-from-commitment-to-und-flips-to-bemidji-state

Panzer expressed his desire to decommit from UND, and the Fighting Hawks released him from his National Letter of Intent earlier this week. Panzer announced his new commitment on Instagram Thursday afternoon.

“It was nothing bad between me or North Dakota,” Panzer said. “I kind of wanted to look for something new, maybe get a different opportunity or a better opportunity. That’s where I stood. I informed UND of that, and they were very understanding of me. They worked very well with me, my family and my advisor to get that done as soon as possible.”

The 5-foot-9, 185-pound forward has 15 goals and 17 assists in 53 games. He had 13 goals and 15 assists in his first full season and three goals and eight assists for the Stampede in 18 games following his junior season at East Grand Forks Senior High.

“The USHL, I’d say, is one of the hardest leagues to play in,” Panzer said. “My first year wasn’t all sunshine and rainbows. I battled through a couple of months throughout the season where I was struggling. It’s helped me mature as a player and as a person. You have to get through those times mentally and physically.”

35 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Good for him to make it work without a messy breakup like Spicer, whose quote was "I gotta do what's best for me" (paraphrasing). Hopefully he gets cheered when introduced as a visiting player.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, ChadR said:

Hopefully Jaksen's decommitt doesn't cost us a chance at his younger bro Jace. He is the better prospect & only a freshman in HS.

There's always another Panzer... :D

Seriously like 3 or 4 more

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, tnt said:

As Schlossman said before, many players advisors are already getting a feel for who are interested in their “client”, so who knows what is out there, perhaps a Tanner Ludtke.  Seriously doubt that with his brother at Omaha and where do you make power play room for someone like that with McLaughlin, Perron, Berg, Blake, Kunz, Swanson and Boisvert?  Of course you make room, but more likely a rough and tumble guy like Johannes or Jamernik could be a need.

Jammer has been one of our best forwards this year. I’ll take a Jammer over a kid that thinks he deserves something that isn’t earned. You don’t get to Don the sweater, just because your daddy did.

3 hours ago, siouxweet said:

The locals are what they are locals.  Way overhyped for what they actually are.  Everyone thinks there kid is NHL bound until those in the biz tell them different. 

Over the last few years there have been at least 20 locals (GF/EGF) playing D1 hockey plus many currently playing Jr hockey that may crack a D1 lineup soon. 3 locals have recently played in the NHL.  Don’t discount locals because they are local.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, ChadR said:

Hopefully Jaksen's decommitt doesn't cost us a chance at his younger bro Jace. He is the better prospect & only a freshman in HS.

Jaksen had 18 goals 10 assists in 22 games his freshman season with EGF, while Jace had 4 goals and 13 assists in 31 games.  I know it isn't apples to apples, but those numbers are quite different. 

9 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

I was in bemidji today... Such a beautiful town and campus... Hope he stays 4 years and wins a natty. As a

Siouxfan(97) I hope he sticks it out and doesn't transfer and lives it up in beaver town

Sorry, but no. When he comes to REA as a Beaver, he's no different than anyone else on the visitors bench. I don't wish him ill, but I'm not switching teams either.